Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Oh, the Fabrice Pancake goal. He looked like a walking log most of the season and then he had a hot run with that goal. That C'ship season was weirdly fun. Lots of mediocre yet likeable players looking like Pelé down there.

Favorite moment was probably Lovekrands scoring against West Brom in the wake of I think was his father's death? Or some other personal problem. He then was class the rest of the season.

Love how this technical flair player's role at Bruce's Newcastle is "pick the ball up deep and dribble as far as you can in any direction until you get tackled; well done, bonny lad, gives us a wee bit of time to get our defences in a line, you see."

Guest Howaythetoon

Gonna be to Bruce what Ritchie was to Rafa, a work horse. I only seen bits of today’s match as the lads had it on in the background in the van, but from what I saw, he looks nothing like the dangerous somewhat of a playmaker forward he looked when he first arrived under Rafa. He’s being totally wasted here and the spark he give us alongside Rondon and Perez is not there and I doubt we’ll see his true potential under Bruce’s set up. We looked so potent going forward when he signed and had Rafa stayed, Rondon signed and Perez been kept, we’d have got lots of joy from having a player like Almiron alongside them even against of the better sides as we saw towards the back end of last season. Cheers Mike for removing that!

He's completely wasted in the role that Bruce has got him in, IMO. Needs to be on the left side of an attacking three, beating his man on the outside then putting in early crosses. Offers basically nothing cutting inside, doesn't have the intelligence or instinct to play as a forward or attacking midfielder.

He's completely wasted in the role that Bruce has got him in, IMO. Needs to be on the left side of an attacking three, beating his man on the outside then putting in early crosses. Offers basically nothing cutting inside, doesn't have the intelligence or instinct to play as a forward or attacking midfielder.

In the Spurs and Liverpool games he has been used for absolutely nowt other than graft. It's understandable to an extent, Rafa put him far out wide against Arsenal away last season cos he does that job reasonably well, mainly cos his fitness levels are fantastic.

Where Bruce puts him against weaker teams is the key, especially at home. Absolutely zero faith he'll be used properly.

He was brought in to play with Perez and Rondon under Rafa, pointless to really consider what he’s doing now.

He's playing with Joelinton and Atsu now, and tbf, they have been decent in the last couple of games. I think the problem is he is playing too deep. In fact the whole team is playing very deep, and there seems to be a disconnect between the target man and the rest.

There was a period at the start of the second half where we actually looked to get up in support more and we looked better for it. I guess it will really depend on how we set up against the weaker teams, against Liverpool all we were ever going to do was park the bus.

I like the kid, he's enthusiastic and his pace gets him upfield quick and frightens teams, but his lack of end product and lack of a finish is worrying.

If ASM can stay fit it might be beneficial to give Almiron a rest, take him out of the firing line for a couple of games.