Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Medical passed and fitness proved.  Signing a one year pay as you play deal so a real upgrade on Joselu.  Why spend money that could used to bring in anotjer player with the saving on a transfer fee.  A good bit of business as far as I'm concerned.

Scored less league goals than joselu last season and less than joselu over the last two years.

Well that speaks volumes for Joselu seeing as Carroll couldn't play due to injuries.  At least he scored or looked like scoring when he was fit unlike Joselu who never looked threat to the opposition goal.  Even if Carroll only plays 5 games but scores the winner in those games that's 15 points in the bag.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Thought I wouldn't give a fuck if this came off, but I've got that tingling feeling in the bollocks again for the first time since the fakeover news broke.

Thought I wouldn't give a fuck if this came off, but I've got that tingling feeling in the bollocks again for the first time since the fakeover news broke.

Of course you have, that was the whole point of this signing.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Thought I wouldn't give a f*** if this came off, but I've got that tingling feeling in the bollocks again for the first time since the fakeover news broke.

Of course you have, that was the whole point of this signing.

Oh aye, but the feeling will pass soon enough :lol:

I was twenty five and full of spunk when this c*** last played for us.

Now I've got specks of grey and sometimes want to kill myself.

in this boat too

This is Ashley’s target audience. The ones who love a Geordie and will go no matter what shite he puts in front of them. He’ll always have that core of 40k who will go regardless. Probably why he puts prices up, for the 5-6k who will no longer go, he knows he can take the piss out of the sheep who’ll still go so covers quite a bit of missing fans’ income. Plus he doesn’t have to spend as much on staff and players because people will still go.

I'm honestly surprised at the reaction, we are short a striker, and as a short term fix I think he'll be alright. While it is pandering to an extent, I'm just looking at it as a better replacement for Joselu.