Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Apparently it was supposed to be Wilf but a misunderstanding at the London registry office.

For real? :lol:

Wilf... That's even worse.

Straight from the same list as Bort that one.

I wonder about you lads sometimes :lol:

I think it's an exaggeration that he always does it anyway, I don't think he does it any more than Fellaini always has, and our hero wasn't exactly innocent. Anyway I'm not in favour of elbowing, but the lack of physical play between defenders and forwards is a problem IMO, even less and we're getting close to netball.

Guest firetotheworks

He's done it four times really badly in his last two appearances like. I agree that he hasn't always been like that, but I commented in the other games thread during the West Ham Watford match about him going full on radge recently.

Didn't Shearer do the same thing? Seem to remember a pretty bad one against Charlton... Suppose it comes down to intent or perceived intent though. Tough call to make for refs, but I think 'dangerous play' without harmful intent is taken more seriously in the last 5 years or so that it was previously. I'd like to think Carroll isn't going round purposefully elbowing players in the face like.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think he's doing that, but he's very much leading with his arm which is the same thing by the modern laws of the game IF you catch someone. Carroll's caught a few players recently and when you see them they're pretty indefensible like.