Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Apologies York, I had my little rod out.

I really like Carroll but I tend to agree, he's been nothing like value for money since joining them.

He has in the games he played. Cba to look but I'd reckon their with/without record is a lot better with him in.

Apologies York, I had my little rod out.

I really like Carroll but I tend to agree, he's been nothing like value for money since joining them.

He has in the games he played. Cba to look but I'd reckon their with/without record is a lot better with him in.

:thup: Think I would have been happy to spend £15m on him.

Clearly v injury prone, whether or not that has anything to do with how he looks after himself is up for debate.

He's 25 now so I'm not sure how he's going to grow into himself like

Was going to say the same, he's hardly a kid.

What's that based on though?  Could just as easily go the way of Duncan Ferguson, can see the similarities myself.

Totally agree and called it as soon as he picked up the injury for Liverpool.

His heel injury (picked up at West Ham) could have been a career finisher if he didn't have top drawer help.

I know a guy who was a very good semi-pro player and he ended his career with that injury just 3 years ago.

Apparently (so he reckons) it can go again with too much weight applied to the heel (i.e: landing off balance) and is more widely known in basketball circles.

My feeling is he'll suffer injuries throughout his career a la DF.

Man that first season back up when he got that hattrick against Villa. Then the domination from him & Shola against Sunderland.

Fun times, he was really flying for us. Big shame he took the decision he did.

I'm still not overly sold on him, physically he is a beast and can dominate any defender but the technical side of his game isn't the greatest not to mention his injuries and lifestyle.

I'm still not overly sold on him, physically he is a beast and can dominate any defender but the technical side of his game isn't the greatest not to mention his injuries and lifestyle.

The technical side of his game's not the greatest says Gouffran's no.1 fan.

The technical side of his game's not the greatest says Gouffran's no.1 fan.

Continue..

Fully agree.  His technique just isn't good enough.

If we are going to persist with Bassett Pardew then surely it would make sense to give him the target man he so clearly needs and of that kind of player,  there is no better than Andy Carroll in this country anyhow.

If we are going to persist with Bassett Pardew then surely it would make sense to give him the target man he so clearly needs and of that kind of player,  there is no better than Andy Carroll in this country anyhow.

The sort of money it would take to get Carroll (wages and fee) we could probably get Remy who would be a lot better signing imo.

Think he's more than good enough technically, given what else he offers.

Attitude, price tag and durability are my concerns.

If we could get him cheapish he's more than good enough for our level of "ambition", issues aside.

Think he's more than good enough technically, given what else he offers.

Attitude, price tag and durability are my concerns.

If we could get him cheapish he's more than good enough for our level of "ambition", issues aside.

Carroll's attitude on the pitch has never been a concern.

Remy not wanting to play for us is the key difference.

We're talking about the lad who f***ed off at the first chance :lol:

Did he 'fuck off' or was he pushed?

Mind you having seen what Ashley is like at first hand and close up I'd have wanted to 'fuck off' too.

Moot point really. We wont be spending this type of money in the near future anyway.

Loanees, swaps or frees all the way.

Remy not wanting to play for us is the key difference.

We're talking about the lad who f***ed off at the first chance :lol:

Did he 'fuck off' or was he pushed?

Mind you having seen what Ashley is like at first hand and close up I'd have wanted to 'fuck off' too.

Moot point really. We wont be spending this type of money in the near future anyway.

Loanees, swaps or frees all the way.

If he didn't want to leave he wouldn't have but I really can't be arsed to get into this debate again :lol: Lets just say he didn't seem overly gutted.

I'm sure Carroll didn't think twice about leaving, can't blame him in retrospect either.

His stock has plummeted since then though, of course he'd be back in a flash if he had the chance.