Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

What?

You claimed that Andy Carroll was "all that's wrong with English football" and then backed this up with the hilarious notion of a "Carroll type" playing for Spain or Holland.

Like there's anything actually wrong with playing a battering ram man, especially when he has the ability to score ~ 1 in 2 :lol:

What?

You claimed that Andy Carroll was "all that's wrong with English football" and then backed this up with the hilarious notion of a "Carroll type" playing for Spain or Holland.

Like there's anything actually wrong with playing a battering ram man, especially when he has the ability to score ~ 1 in 2 :lol:

Anybody who scored 1 in 2 over an extended period of time is obviously more than just a battering ram

It's laughable how bad some people are on this forum for mistranslating posts like. He has the ability to score ~ 1 in 2 is not equal to "Carroll is a 1 in 2 goalscorer."

He'll not finish his career with a 1 in 2 record but he can certainly get 15 goals in a season (if fit).

It's laughable how bad some people are on this forum for mistranslating posts like. He has the ability to score ~ 1 in 2 is not equal to "Carroll is a 1 in 2 goalscorer."

He'll not finish his career with a 1 in 2 record but he can certainly get 15 goals in a season.

I definitely can't disagree with this.

In regards to Carroll consistently getting 15 goals a season I really can't see him starting 30.

I was criticised on here for praising Adebayor, now if you want a big man, he's got the attributes in his locker that you want rather than being just a big bully. Carroll couldn't lace his boots.

got the talent but his attitude stinks to high heaven much prefer to sign Carroll over him

I was criticised on here for praising Adebayor, now if you want a big man, he's got the attributes in his locker that you want rather than being just a big bully. Carroll couldn't lace his boots.

got the talent but his attitude stinks to high heaven much prefer to sign Carroll over him

Because Carroll lives the role model professional footballer lifestyle? Or maybe not...

Because Carroll lives the role model professional footballer lifestyle? Or maybe not...

Carroll will actually try all the time, Adebayor tries when he's looking for his next payday

Call me a naive and sentimental fool, but I loved having a Geordie No 9 smashing them in for us.

Same. As TT pointed out though, it's depressing that you can't even rely on a local lad staying these days, whether he's forced out or whatever. Can't stand Liverpool but I look at Gerrard and wonder if we'll ever have that again; a top class player staying and performing for years despite not winning all that much. Doubt it. Shearer was the last.

Same. As TT pointed out though, it's depressing that you can't even rely on a local lad staying these days, whether he's forced out or whatever. Can't stand Liverpool but I look at Gerrard and wonder if we'll ever have that again; a top class player staying and performing for years despite not winning all that much. Doubt it. Shearer was the last.

:sadnod:

Call me a naive and sentimental fool, but I loved having a Geordie No 9 smashing them in for us.

Same here. Say if West Ham go down this season, and if there is any justice in this world they will, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. For a nominal fee of course. I for one genuinely believe he was forced out of the club against his will and as someone mentioned above, supporting NUFC hasn't been the same since he left. It kind of proved once and for all that everything is for sale and there is absolutely no integrity or loyalty left in football.