Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Never rated this lad and never will. Horrible player and all that's wrong with English football.

Agreed. He has no technique, no vision, no skills. He is just a big lump who is strong and a bit physical. Its only throw-backs like Dalglish and Allardyce that have kept someone like Carroll a PL player. He had a purple patch for us for a brief spell but he still looked a bang average footballer and in time I reckon he'd have become just another Shola type for us, but without the professionalism and right attitude.

well - you basically just described Mike W there (except the part about being professional)

Well i think people are way to harsh on Carroll. He was a local lad living his boyhood dream - only for a short time before he was being asked to leave. Going to liverpool on those wages isn´t the worst - but then being dropped and then forced to WH. Well he probably never asked for any of this.

I hope he will recover some form. He isn´t really my kind of player but if he could return to former strength then i would be happy to have here as a option (1 out of 4 hopefully) Carroll on form is 1000% better than that lazy donkey - shola!

On form he can be great very old fashioned striker, nothing wrong with it really, you can play direct footy scoring from set pieces and from the wings without being boring to watch imo, boring to watch is launching from the back all the time and trying to kick the other team off the pitch.

I'm not sure Carroll is all that great, but playing with a proper strike partner in an attacking team with proper width he could be great to watch, may be a throw back but don't see him as 'horrible'

Mind you yes i think modern teams can take apart teams going all out out attacking 4-4-2 quite easily, possession usually trumps it, so usually you get very negative 2 flat ranks of four instead giving it a bad name. I think the league is lacking in quality 'proper' wide players too

Never rated this lad and never will. Horrible player and all that's wrong with English football.

Agreed. He has no technique, no vision, no skills. He is just a big lump who is strong and a bit physical. Its only throw-backs like Dalglish and Allardyce that have kept someone like Carroll a PL player. He had a purple patch for us for a brief spell but he still looked a bang average footballer and in time I reckon he'd have become just another Shola type for us, but without the professionalism and right attitude.

well - you basically just described Mike W there (except the part about being professional)

Well i think people are way to harsh on Carroll. He was a local lad living his boyhood dream - only for a short time before he was being asked to leave. Going to liverpool on those wages isn´t the worst - but then being dropped and then forced to WH. Well he probably never asked for any of this.

I hope he will recover some form. He isn´t really my kind of player but if he could return to former strength then i would be happy to have here as a option (1 out of 4 hopefully) Carroll on form is 1000% better than that lazy donkey - shola!

O0 Getting shit loads of abuse and tbh from people who i thought would be a lot more understanding ,he certainly looks the part from his England appearances and "all thats wrong with English football " have a word with ya self as there are a hell of a lot worse characters plying there trade out there ,he never set that fee and the way he was treated at Liverpool was nothing short of disgraceful and many would agree on this board .

I'd take him back but he's really nowt special, so I can't say I'd be expecting him to become the new Shearer or any s*** like that. Far more likely to be the new Shola tbh.

I don't rate him that greatly, but I'd sooner him come on at 60 minutes than Ameobi. Also, the way he was whisked off in a helicopter without an explanation of why he was being sold was disgusting so would be nice to have him back.

Was absolutely unplayable when he played for us in the second half of the championship season and the first half of the prem. So much potential, the injury he suffered just before the mega-bucks transfer and the transfer itself has killed him football-wise. He could have been fantastic as a no. 9, holding the ball up, flicking it on. The goal against Liverpool from outside the area when the defenders just stood and didn't know what to do and he thumped it with his left foot to the bottom right corner from the left side.

But he's no-where near that now. What a waste.

2 shocking posts there. Whatever his weaknesses, he'd walk into our side when fit.

2 shocking posts there. Whatever his weaknesses, he'd walk into our side when fit.

Agree. Would make an excellent focal point for our attack if fully fit. Unplayable when fit and served correctly. Good out when under pressure too .

Him and Remy upfront and 2 high quality wide players giving width and it'd be amazing. Sadly we don't have all that much width (albeit Sissoko and Debuchy have added that to our game this season) so we'd have to do a lot of team rebuilding.

I also think if this happened pardew would turn it into hoofing from the back without any attacking movement so I prefer us playing inside out forwards and keeping it on the deck.

There is good direct play and boring hoofball, there is a difference.

Was absolutely unplayable when he played for us in the second half of the championship season and the first half of the prem. So much potential, the injury he suffered just before the mega-bucks transfer and the transfer itself has killed him football-wise. He could have been fantastic as a no. 9, holding the ball up, flicking it on. The goal against Liverpool from outside the area when the defenders just stood and didn't know what to do and he thumped it with his left foot to the bottom right corner from the left side.

This is pretty much where I'm at too. He was phenomenal for a short while and gave every CB pairing he faced massive problems, few could handle him. He went for a massive amount of money and it's turned to shit. He'll look back at that deadline day as a crossroads in his career and it went to shit for him.

Maybe there's a player still in there but he looked a shadow of himself since he moved on. Not our problem to worry about any more though. 

When he was at his peak with us the journos couldn't get him to a "big" club quick enough. Every week they were linking him with a move away from us and when he left his form dropped. He was happy and in his comfort zone here and I believe had he stayed that he'd still be a fantastic player for us.

I loved Ba,Cisse and Remy since but there was nothing better than watching a product of our much maligned academy absolutely bossing defenders on a weekly basis and getting getting all plaudits on his England debut. I hope he comes back some day.

Guest Howaythetoon

Under this cretin aye, but I'd rather a footballer up there than some lump like Carroll. People slag Shola yet Carroll is essentially similar.

Agree. Would make an excellent focal point for our attack if fully fit. Unplayable when fit and served correctly. Good out when under pressure too .

When was the last time he was unplayable over a consistent period though?

Under this cretin aye, but I'd rather a footballer up there than some lump like Carroll. People slag Shola yet Carroll is essentially similar.

Give over, mate. Carroll's 10 times the player that useless statue is.

This is pretty much where I'm at too. He was phenomenal for a short while and gave every CB pairing he faced massive problems, few could handle him. He went for a massive amount of money and it's turned to shit. He'll look back at that deadline day as a crossroads in his career and it went to shit for him.

Maybe there's a player still in there but he looked a shadow of himself since he moved on. Not our problem to worry about any more though.

I do wonder how much is it down to motivation, he clearly loved being the focal point of our attack and played with that much more drive and determination to fill the no 9 shirt. Just seems to me he lost that hunger once he left

Yeah, I'd rather have an out of form Carroll than an in form Shola.

I do wonder how much is it down to motivation, he clearly loved being the focal point of our attack and played with that much more drive and determination to fill the no 9 shirt. Just seems to me he lost that hunger once he left

We'll never know but that seems very plausible to me. From #9 at his boyhood club and in fantastic form to having to prove himself with a £35m pricetag around his neck overnight.

Meh, you make decisions over the course of your life and live with the consequences of them.

We'll never know but that seems very plausible to me. From #9 at his boyhood club and in fantastic form to having to prove himself with a £35m pricetag around his neck overnight.

Meh, you make decisions over the course of your life and live with the consequences of them.

Was he even that much of a fan of us?

I mean he had just signed a mega contract with us, but he was happy to jack in the number 9 shirt, reportedly the best contract at the club for a slightly better contract at Liverpool.

I think he still has the ability to be a very good player but there's serious question marks over his fitness thesedays and also his attitude. Does he really do everything he can to get back fit as quickly as possible lifestyle wise. I'd say it's probably more along the lines of enjoying the lifestyle the absurd contract West Ham gave him.

Looked set to become a local number 9 legend but as it stands the move to Liverpool and injuries looks to have stunted his career. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to become a journey man going from club to club with the odd purple streak coupled with months and months out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Is he fuck, a very very brief spell for us aside he has looked every inch the white Ameobi, he is a talentless lump whose main strength is strength and height. That's not football, that's Allardyce/Pulis tactics. Even at his best for us he looked like a distinctly average footballer. He has been out a while and isn't fit but his touch and overall awareness was shocking today. He won lots of headers but most were directed or powered to no-one or nowhere in particular. He's fucking shite and that's why he's at West Ham with Big Sam. I'd rather have Best back!