Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest BenArfa10

Played against us for the sixth time today  since leaving, and despite all of the hype surrounding him he's managed to do absolutely nothing except dive to try and get a penalty. On top of that he looks like a massive tramp.  O0

Guest BenArfa10

He's never been the same really since he got injured in December 2010. I think it was a thigh or groin or ankle (can't remember). Don't think he ever will be the same again. He had his golden spell in his first 4 months with us in the Prem. He got bigged up by the press because he was 'old fashioned and English'. Got his huge move (money wise), one which was way too soon for him and to the wrong club. Never got a chance at Liverpool because apparently he didn't fit their style. At the time Dalglish was under a lot of pressure and he needed a big signing to appease the fans and it just happened that Carroll was flavour of the month. Maybe his lack of game time at Liverpool has contributed to his injuries at West Ham? He had a decent spell whilst on loan but the injuries have piled up for him and even their owners admit that they are not sure it was a good decision to sign him. Don't know where he'll end up after West Ham, perhaps he'll come back to us but judging from the last couple of seasons I don't want him back.

Guest palnese

He'll still scare the living shite out of defenders due to his strenght and power in the air.

If West Ham are to stay up they really need him match fit asap.

Think he'd look a totally different player in a black and white nr. 9 shirt again.

I'd carry Cisse to London if it meant switching him with Carroll.

He had his chance. He can have a fatal hair straightening accident as far as I am concerned, definitely wouldn't let him wear the number 9 shirt he shit all over last time.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's bang average, just a big lump with a bit strength who can hammer the ball with his left foot to good effect at times.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never rated this lad and never will. Horrible player and all that's wrong with English football.

Agreed. He has no technique, no vision, no skills. He is just a big lump who is strong and a bit physical. Its only throw-backs like Dalglish and Allardyce that have kept someone like Carroll a PL player. He had a purple patch for us for a brief spell but he still looked a bang average footballer and in time I reckon he'd have become just another Shola type for us, but without the professionalism and right attitude.