Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Can't believe that in January it'll be 3 years since we sold him - time has flown by. 50 million on transfer fees and 18 goals in all that time, what a waste man.

+ probably getting on for £15m in wages [/Ashley]

Guest Haris Vuckic

I actually do have a hint of sympathy for Carroll like. His lifestyle though has to be a contributing factor so in a way he's brought this onto himself...[/brutality]

If you think of some of the things he's been in bother for and the money he's on your sympathy will rapidly evaporate.

Like when you express sympathy for Pardew for getting paid almost a million quid a year to play 3 defensive midfielders at home (and still lose 6-0)?

Can you point to me where this happened?

Cheers. Now wind your neck in.

Scotty where you born in 1966?

The England strikers I grew up with are Lineker, Shearer, Sheringham, Owen & Rooney.

I don't see the parallels with Carroll and Lambert if there's none with Sturridge and co. apart from one thing...

Mark Hateley is the obvious comparison . Maybe Bob Latchford.

Why would anyone pine for the glory days of Mark Hateley?

You should be able to explain better than anyone :lol:

Why? Because I think Cisse is crap at football?

You also were in favour of Carroll coming back and a big sceptic about Anita I believe, based on his size. You seem to have changed your tune somewhat lately though.

You also were in favour of Carroll coming back and a big sceptic about Anita I believe, based on his size. You seem to have changed your tune somewhat lately though.

I want us to compete. Physically and technically. Sissoko's a big strong lad and i'm not sold on him either.

Scotty where you born in 1966?

The England strikers I grew up with are Lineker, Shearer, Sheringham, Owen & Rooney.

I don't see the parallels with Carroll and Lambert if there's none with Sturridge and co. apart from one thing...

I'd just like to see us with a different form of striker for a while.Doesn't mean we have to play 4-4-2 or long ball.

We've never had a Carroll type CF. Shearer is similar is some respects (ability in the air,strength),Heskey was....well Heskey. Crouch just fouls everyone,can't think of any others although i'm probably missing someone obvious.

Maybe I've caught the Lambert train too early but him and Carroll up front would be better (imo) than Sturridge and Welbeck.

I want us to compete. Physically and technically. Sissoko's a big strong lad and i'm not sold on him either.

Precisely. You put competing physically above competing technically. That sentence there just epitomises it. You do need players to compete, but the better ones use their movement and passing to avoid geting into physical wars and run rings round the old fashioned Stoke type teams these days.