Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Been told he's still 6 weeks away from being fit and will miss the start of the season. Also WH are waiting for a work permit for some South American, did get told the country - but I've forgot which one! (could even have been Mexican - full of useful info).

• 1 month later...

Rumors flying around that he's out for another few months.

EDIT:

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats 29s

Rumours that Andy Carroll out for 4 months aster sustaining injury during training today! #ouch #nufc

if true then West Ham are in very serious trouble he's their only striker (which shows why buying downing was braindead)

Guest palnese

Andy Carroll is set for an extended spell on the sidelines after it was confirmed that he has suffered a setback in his recovery from a heel injury.

Carroll, who cost the Club a cool £15million in the summer has not played a game for West Ham since the end of last season.

Earlier today, unconfirmed reports appeared on the KUMB forum suggesting that the 24-year-old was set for another lengthy spell of absence after suffering a re-occurrence of the heel injury that has kept him out of West Ham's three opening Premier League fixtures.

And it has also suggested that the injury could keep Carroll out for around three months - meaning that West Ham fans are unlikely to see much of their new signing before Christmas.

West Ham are yet to comment on the news although the Club's unofficial spokesman, Jack Sullivan revealed this evening [Monday] that Carroll had indeed suffered a new injury.

from KUMB

I actually do have a hint of sympathy for Carroll there like, got to the point in June where I would not have minded his return. His lifestyle though has to be a contributing factor so in a way he's brought this onto himself...

Guest Haris Vuckic

I actually do have a hint of sympathy for Carroll like. His lifestyle though has to be a contributing factor so in a way he's brought this onto himself...[/brutality]

If you think of some of the things he's been in bother for and the money he's on your sympathy will rapidly evaporate.