Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Bournemouth will play Iturbe and Gradel out wide next season. Surprised no one else in the prem is after Ritchie though. Works out quite nicely for us. 15 goals and 17 assists last time in the championship is absolutely nuts.

Bournemouth will play Iturbe and Gradel out wide next season. Surprised no one else in the prem is after Ritchie though. Works out quite nicely for us. 15 goals and 17 assists last time in the championship is absolutely nuts.

Kaka dropping the truth bombs - http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14503123.AFC_Bournemouth__Iturbe_unlikely_to_return_following_end_of_indifferent_loan_spell/

Guest chopey

I thought the idea was to buy good championship players with championship experience not good premier league players with championship experience ?

I thought the idea was to buy good championship players with championship experience not good premier league players with championship experience ?

The latter is better though surely?

Guest chopey

Of course it's just I'm not used to this ambition

Of course it's just I'm not used to this ambition

Yeah. It's pretty awesome.

Wonder if Sissoko could manage 15 goals and 17 assists :lol: :lol: :lol: ...nope!

Even in the Championship I honestly don't think he gives us those numbers. Not even close. :lol:

In fairness he probably won't do the same for us as well, different style of play and everything else involved. If he even does half of that for us i'll be ecstatic.

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've f***ed up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

*Obviously Leicester throw any argument like this out of whack, but yee kna.

I don't disagree on the penny pinching has cost us point, it's bang on, it absolutely has.

My point on Ritchie stands though, townsend proved us all clueless. I'll reserve judgement on Ritchie until I've seen him.

(how many times you seen him play by the way?)

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've f***ed up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

*Obviously Leicester throw any argument like this out of whack, but yee kna.

I don't disagree on the penny pinching has cost us point, it's bang on, it absolutely has.

My point on Ritchie stands though, townsend proved us all clueless. I'll reserve judgement on Ritchie until I've seen him.

(how many times you seen him play by the way?)

What I probably should have said at the start is, I agree on the penny pinching costing us point, but I hope you're as wrong about Ritchie as you were about townsend.

That's probably a better way of putting it.

My opinon on Townsend was based on his time at Tottenham and what the Tottenham fans thought about him, he was great for us the 6 months he was here but lets not go over the top about it, aye? :lol:

I hope I'm wrong about Richie too, aye, whatever that means. Hopefully he turns out to be the best winger ever.

My opinon on Townsend was based on his time at Tottenham and what the Tottenham fans thought about him, he was great for us the 6 months he was here but lets not go over the top about it, aye? :lol:

I hope I'm wrong about Richie too, aye, whatever that means. Hopefully he turns out to be the best winger ever.

Nothing over the top about him being worth the fee we paid, tbh, which is all I'm saying.

Agreed on Ritchie, but let's not go overboard, let's just hope he's worth the fee we pay.

That'll do.

What's your opinion on Ritchie based on? Genuine question btw, you seen a lot of him?

What's your opinion on Ritchie based on? Genuine question btw, you seen a lot of him?

What I've seen and read about him, not geet loads but then again I don't support Bournemouth - probably similar to anyelse who watches the Premiership fairly regularly. Am I not allowed to think that, were we still in the Prem, we wouldn't be buying him for £10-12m or something because I'm not a scout, and I haven't been monitoring him since he was at Pompy Yoof?

As I said I hope he turns out to be the best winger ever, I'm just saying there's no chance we'd be paying that for him if we'd stayed up. We really only have 1 chance to come up though (if we're to keep Rafa) we cannot afford to gamble with bairns or forrins, we need players who've proven themselves in English football - you're always going to pay a premium on that.