Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Six whole games tho

That's a lot for a player of his quality and in an era in which wide players are scoring regularly. I think he's only scored 2 goals in 18 or so matches or something. Should do better.

7 goals and 3 assists in 17 matches after not playing for a whole season, and he doesn't play out wide, hasn't once this season.

Where's this from? It's more like 7 goals in 30 odd matches.

He doesn't play outwide? I haven't been watching any of their games, simply following the results and reaction on here ( :iamatwat: ). If he's not playing outwide then I assume it's in the centre, not sure what point you're trying to make, you haven't strengthened his case!

How do you know he's been good if you haven't seen him play?

Surely you can't just base it all from stats on soccerway

From the bits and pieces I've seen of him, from the reaction in the sports media and social media, and of course from the reactions on here (tens and tens of people can't be wrong!).

You tit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hatem speaking of intuition, instinct & playing with the heart rather than the head much alike Charles Dickens in Hard Times.

My favourite player to ever play in England, simple as that really. I prefer watching him over any of the Premier League greats.

Hatem speaking of intuition, instinct & playing with the heart rather than the head much alike Charles Dickens in Hard Times.

My favourite player to ever play in England, simple as that really. I prefer watching him over any of the Premier League greats.

That’s delusionally ridiculous

You literally can’t argue with who someone’s favourite player is

You literally can’t argue with who someone’s favourite player is

I kind of agree with IC, I just love watching Ben Arfa and can't think of anyone whose highlight reel I'd prefer to watch from the PL. Ronaldinho, that's a different story.

delusionally ridiculous :lol:

I didn't by any means say the best or most successful mate, he's far from it. But in terms of players I find a sheer joy to behold, and who have the talent and ability to make professional footballers look like Sunday league players, there's not many more to have played in England that can do what Hatem could/can. La Liga sure, but not the PL.

I didn't by any means say the best or most successful mate, he's far from it. But in terms of players I find a sheer joy to behold, and who have the talent and ability to make professional footballers look like Sunday league players, there's not many more to have played in England that can do what Hatem could/can. La Liga sure, but not the PL.

I kinda get what u mean, the Kinkladze, okocha types, I’d add them to the list

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-perch-chris-hughton-alan-16072351

Perch recounts the magic of Ben Arfa, and admits then when it came to training he hoped he wouldn't be against him.

"Ben Arfa by a mile," he replies when asked who stood out.

"I think everyone knows the talent he's got, if he just had the mental ability of a top player, like Sergio Aguero, I think he would have been held at that elite level.

"He was magic; in training you were hoping you were on his side so he didn't embarrass you, but he was fantastic.

"He didn't always do it in training because of that laziness about him but on a Saturday; but, if he was on it, he could win you the game."