Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Because those are two clubs that always have been rich enough to compete. Manchester United seem to be embracing a new perspective about where they should be.

Man united still spend a lot of money. Moreso than they used too.

Both of those fans played a big part in removing owners in the past. Likewise the Rangers fans would run Ashley out

They are both better at protesting than us, no doubt.

Not sure if either have had a boycott of a match like.

The sad thing about all of this is that even if a takeover happens and everything gets back on track, I'm still going to be left feeling utter contempt for a large portion of our fanbase. The damage done by Ashley is immense, really, it goes far beyond what it ever should.

:sadnod: Grim.

Yup. At this point I'm not sure I'd care all that much even if we were sold.

Guest firetotheworks

The Rangers fans still haven't fully removed Ashley and that was over a much smaller percentage. Sons of Struth and Spirit of Shankley have both spoken about issues with getting fans inside so it's not specific to us, but I'd maybe agree that there's a higher percentage. Who knows, but it feels that way.

In Italy he'd have been long gone years ago.

Guest firetotheworks

The sad thing about all of this is that even if a takeover happens and everything gets back on track, I'm still going to be left feeling utter contempt for a large portion of our fanbase. The damage done by Ashley is immense, really, it goes far beyond what it ever should.

You'd soon get back to supporting the team how you want to support it without having to worry about the plums you're surrounded by or the person running things.

:yao: It's going to be epic man.

I dont think anyone can put this down as an "Ashley wins again" scenario.

if he fucks this sale up the backlash will be bigger.

the media will call him out, more fans will be on his back and I think TMG will have more support (may be not tens of thousands but certainly more than now).

if we  boycott wolves game and the sale collapses - TMG loses, the club loses, and Ashley wins.

the media will call him out, more fans will be on his back and I think TMG will have more support (may be not tens of thousands but certainly more than now).

if we  boycott wolves game and the sale collapses - TMG loses, the club loses, and Ashley wins.

There is no sale.

there will be no backlash

no-one will call him out

no-one will be on his back

the boycott would've had zero relevance to the sale of the club (but I do agree that this nonsensical line would've found it's way into the narrative)

The boycott was going to be a complete non event, there’s no significant appetite for it. TMG are doing the right thing by calling it off. I agree that this is win win for them, if this all Ashley playing games again TMG will gain much needed match going fan support and you’d like to think the media will be all over him calling him out.

I think February 1st 2019 will be an interesting date in the history of Newcastle United, if we are sitting mid table and have spent a few million in the window and Rafa stays then the whole issue just fades away.

If that doesn't happen and Rafa chucks his lot in then I think the overall majority of fans will turn.

Rafa is key to this whole situation.

I honestly don't think it will be. A few people bumping their gums on social media is as bad as it'll get for him.

I honestly don't think it will be. A few people bumping their gums on social media is as bad as it'll get for him.

and he knows it

If there's no greater appetite for protest if Ashley is still here in February and Rafa has again had zero backing (and the contract remains unsigned), then at least we all know it's done and can go about our lives until the day he does sell (or die).

For me that's a very clear line in the sand for the entire support.

A backlash? From Newcastle United fans? In 2018? :lol: