Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

People love to criticize everything mind.

Seems perfectly sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in.

:thup: There's clearly no widespread appetite to boycott, with or without Ashley's soundbites this week. His revelations, regardless of truth, allows TMG thr perfect excuse to pause things and save another embarrassment.

Seems perfectly sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in.

Yep. Also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

Take the walk-in for example though. A lot of people seem to think it failed because relatively few fans did it. But I still saw it on places like BBC website and other reports. It still got coverage.

Fair enough the boycott might not be huge. But it still seems like we’ve just been properly played by a classic Ashley/Bishop move.

Obviously if the takeover goes through none of this matters because it’s street parties and orgies for everyone.

I understand the point that Ashley could use these protests against us when the sale breaks down, so this looks good from our end.

Just a shame that it's all been postponed because it feels like this is exactly what Ashley wants and we've played into his hands. Ah well.

From a personal point of view I think it's for the best, we need transfers and the club to be sold by the end of January, if neither of these things happen I'll be gone anyway.

I've already made my mind up that if Ashley is there next season I won't be.

Yep. Also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

:thup:

Correct. It was going to be a pathetic attempt at a boycott, calling off is the best approach. Need to strike while the iron is hot with these things and in the end it all petered out.

If another disaster of a window goes by, which it will, form drops and Ashley remains, the appetite will be there again in February.

Correct. It was going to be a pathetic attempt at a boycott, calling off is the best approach. Need to strike while the iron is hot with these things and in the end it all petered out.

If another disaster of a window goes by, which it will, form drops and Ashley remains, the appetite will be there again in February.

And it's not like hes getting a break, his stores are still going to be targeted over those weeks by the looks of the statement.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup:

Not calling it in the first place would have been the best option imo. It being called off doesn't look good after its been announced, but it's a good excuse for a face-saving cancellation of it. It's more their integrity that's the worry now because they've essentially pissed off both sides of the boycott debate now. :lol:

Once there's a genuine appetite for it I'm sure it'll be forgotten though.

Guest neesy111

From a personal point of view I think it's for the best, we need transfers and the club to be sold by the end of January, if neither of these things happen I'll be gone anyway.

Look forward to hearing the same rehectic next year.

Aye, I love a good rehectic.

Guest The Little Waster

I said it before, the Wolves boycott was too soon and pretty much forced on TMG by fans at the meetings who kept calling for a boycott and saying any action other than a boycott wouldn’t work. The idea that TMG were trying to gently ease some fans onboard was lost on people, and I think the Shirebrook (which was cancelled due to low numbers) and the walk in last week just showed how a boycott simply is too soon and TMG need to do more work to get fans onside first.

With Ashley and various media outlets saying a sale is close then people are going to want to go and cheer on Newcastle, hoping a decent result will be followed by good news, and yes that’s even after what happened last year. If we don’t have hope then we have nothing, and that’s what fans are doing right now, hoping. With TF breaking ranks it also puts us in an impossible position, TMG have always tried to unite fans instead of divide them, if suddenly it looks like one of the supporting groups of TMG have divided with us then it’s not a good view.

Not only this, but if all of this is smoke and mirrors and Rafa isn’t backed in January after a sale has failed to happen, then there will be a lot of disappointed and angry fans who will be more willing to turn to TMG, and TMG can use this to ramp up the protests and get the Huddersfield boycott going.

Too soon , too late , too much , too little ... theres always an excuse ... lets just admit the facts , most ‘ fans ‘ are spineless wimps of low iq who seem to want to pay £ to Ashley come what may . Even the supposed boycotters seem half hearted . Imo the boycott should go ahead and should be every match no matter how small . Persistence is the key

I said it before, the Wolves boycott was too soon and pretty much forced on TMG by fans at the meetings who kept calling for a boycott and saying any action other than a boycott wouldn’t work. The idea that TMG were trying to gently ease some fans onboard was lost on people, and I think the Shirebrook (which was cancelled due to low numbers) and the walk in last week just showed how a boycott simply is too soon and TMG need to do more work to get fans onside first.

With Ashley and various media outlets saying a sale is close then people are going to want to go and cheer on Newcastle, hoping a decent result will be followed by good news, and yes that’s even after what happened last year. If we don’t have hope then we have nothing, and that’s what fans are doing right now, hoping. With TF breaking ranks it also puts us in an impossible position, TMG have always tried to unite fans instead of divide them, if suddenly it looks like one of the supporting groups of TMG have divided with us then it’s not a good view.

Not only this, but if all of this is smoke and mirrors and Rafa isn’t backed in January after a sale has failed to happen, then there will be a lot of disappointed and angry fans who will be more willing to turn to TMG, and TMG can use this to ramp up the protests and get the Huddersfield boycott going.

Too soon , too late , too much , too little ... theres always an excuse ... lets just admit the facts , most ‘ fans ‘ are spineless wimps of low iq who seem to want to pay £ to Ashley come what may . Even the supposed boycotters seem half hearted . Imo the boycott should go ahead and should be every match no matter how small . Persistence is the key

Low IQ is associated with poor punctuation. Make of that what you will.

Low IQ is associated with poor punctuation. Make of that what you will.

:lol: Accusing others of low IQ is always a dangerous game!  Especially when it looks like you type wearing boxing gloves whilst angrily riding a horse...

Guest firetotheworks

lYfOlTs.jpg

lYfOlTs.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: