Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Annoys me thinking about January tbh, we had the chance in the last January window to back a new manager and sold our most valuable player on deadline day, needlessly got rid of Routledge on loan, recruited known crock/headcase Ireland on loan.  Can see it being another shit window tbh, our heads will still be spinning after spending half a million net this summer.  If things are going "well" (i.e. we're 3+ points off third bottom) then they'll probably not even feel the need to strengthen whatsoever.

Jonas and Coloccini out, some shit Championship tripe in to replace them.

We'll fuck about endlessly for a striker and then end up with nobody.

Smith will still be here though. Even Febreeze couldn't shift his stink.

Annoys me thinking about January tbh, we had the chance in the last January window to back a new manager and sold our most valuable player on deadline day, needlessly got rid of Routledge on loan, recruited known crock/headcase Ireland on loan.  Can see it being another s*** window tbh, our heads will still be spinning after spending half a million net this summer.  If things are going "well" (i.e. we're 3+ points off third bottom) then they'll probably not even feel the need to strengthen whatsoever.

You forgot that we made Ben Arfa a permanent squad member.

Annoys me thinking about January tbh, we had the chance in the last January window to back a new manager and sold our most valuable player on deadline day, needlessly got rid of Routledge on loan, recruited known crock/headcase Ireland on loan.  Can see it being another s*** window tbh, our heads will still be spinning after spending half a million net this summer.  If things are going "well" (i.e. we're 3+ points off third bottom) then they'll probably not even feel the need to strengthen whatsoever.

Oh, indeed we did.  Positive move as that potentially was, it's hardly something that was going to benefit us in the short-term.  In truth, we're still waiting to see whether that move works out, same with Gosling who we signed over 12 months ago now.

Oh, indeed we did.  Positive move as that potentially was, it's hardly something that was going to benefit us in the short-term.  In truth, we're still waiting to see whether that move works out, same with Gosling who we signed over 12 months ago now.

You fail to mention that most managers avoid the January transfer window due to the poor value it offers.  We were wise not to panic buy last January and we were wise not to panic buy this summer.  I'd rather see the club stable and secure making well thought out transfers than overspending on rushed deals.

You fail to mention that most managers avoid the January transfer window due to the poor value it offers.  We were wise not to panic buy last January and we were wise not to panic buy this summer.  I'd rather see the club stable and secure making well thought out transfers than overspending on rushed deals.

:lol:  Piss off man, where does it all end?  £16m for Robert and Bellamy seemed a fair whack of money at the time but it moved us on.  It's a whole different ball game now but the principle is the same - make profits every single transfer window and you'll tread water at best, simple as.

We shouldn't spend money in January, we shouldn't spend money in the summer ffs.  Absolute bollocks.

:lol:  Piss off man, where does it all end?  £16m for Robert and Bellamy seemed a fair whack of money at the time but it moved us on.  It's a whole different ball game now but the principle is the same - make profits every single transfer window and you'll tread water at best, simple as.

We shouldn't spend money in January, we shouldn't spend money in the summer ffs.  Absolute bollocks.

Aye. Looking back, I really wish we'd never bought Woodgate when we did.

I didn't say that did I?

We invested soundly in the squad over the summer in a handful of players who will progress the club.  We missed out on 1 position.  It's unfortunate and a little frustrating, but I would rather have missed out than splurged unwisely.

You're going on like we're quietly building on what we have when in reality we've simply replaced our best players for the most part.

When do we spend some money then?  When do these pricks run out of excuses?  If they've dug themselves into a hole where they have to spend an extra couple of million on 3-4 players that we need to progress then I fucking well expect them to dig themselves out of the hole rather than leaving us short yet again.

:thup:

I don't give two fucks about picking up bargains, Cabaye, Ba, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Tiote etc. Brilliant business, however there aren't always players like this about so we will have to spend to make sure we get the quality in that will make us progress.

I don't like panic buying but we wouldn't be in the position to panic buy if we didn't try and get every last penny off a deal.

N'Zogbia is the perfect example this summer, would have made a massive difference to us and wasn't sold for an over inflated value but he wasn't enough of a bargain, bullshit.

Guest VaVaVoom

When does the loan market open? Do you think we could end up getting someone on loan? Would you?

I think personally, unless we could get someone like Sturridge on loan (which i doubt) then there would be little point.

Instead of getting a young lad like Macheda why not give that chance to Vuckic or Sameobi?

I'd have them both infront of Ranger and Lovenkrands.