Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

It's not a waste of time if part of the reason for boycotting is principle, rather than/in addition to trying to force a change. As in, the principle of not paying physical cash to a man for him to insult you, laugh at you and consciously shame and diminish something you hold so dear.

It's not a waste of time if part of the reason for boycotting is principle, rather than/in addition to trying to force a change. As in, the principle of not paying physical cash to a man for him to insult you, laugh at you and consciously shame and diminish something you hold so dear.

Excellent point.

Life is too short, which is why a season long boycott appeals to me more than 30 more years of Ashley.

The Manics had a song about it.

Mike Ashley's f***ed emptiness?

Nah.

If you tolerate this then your children will want Ritchie on the back of their shirt.

Imagine you were running an expensive restaurant and every night the customers were telling you how shit the food tasted and how it gave them food poisoning. Then booked a fucking table for the same time next week. And have you got any really expensive t-shirts with the restaurant logo on please?

I can’t argue with that. To each their own.

For me, it’s far more important to build memories with my kids than to worry a great deal about my money funding Ashley’s NUFC. I’d be a crap father if I let something so trivial get in the way of my kids enjoyment.

I’m all for protesting on your principles...I’ve been a regular participator in climate change and Brexit protests over the years for example...issues that actually really matter to the world. I guess I just don’t feel quite as strongly about Ashley’s ownership as some of you do. I’d prefer it if we competed and spent more, obviously. I don’t like Ashley’s ownership. But it’s football...it’s hardly life or death and I don’t think it’s worth ruining your hobby and enjoyment for.

Force him out by other means, sure. But walking away seems to me like you’re punishing yourself for something that will never catch on.

Imagine you were running an expensive restaurant and every night the customers were telling you how shit the food tasted and how it gave them food poisoning. Then booked a fucking table for the same time next week. And have you got any really expensive t-shirts with the restaurant logo on please?

Great metaphor, but it’s quite obviously not the same thing...unless you leave the games feeling massively cheated or “poisoned”...I’m willing to guess most people don’t feel so strongly as that.

Course it's not the same thing. But ultimately, bums on seats and money through the till is the ultimate endorsement in every business. "I walked away because my product was massively popular" said no business owner, ever.

I certainly felt massively cheated paying Alan Pardew's wages, don't know about anyone else. Knocked me fucking sick. I'd feel the same paying for Bagpuss.

Course it's not the same thing. But ultimately, bums on seats and money through the till is the ultimate endorsement in every business.

I certainly felt massively cheated paying Alan Pardew's wages, don't know about anyone else. Knocked me fucking sick.

I hated Pardew. Never felt so strongly to feel “sick” about it though. Got more important things to worry about 😁

For me, it’s far more important to build memories with my kids than to worry a great deal about my money funding Ashley’s NUFC. I’d be a crap father if I let something so trivial get in the way of my kids enjoyment.

I’m all for protesting on your principles...I’ve been a regular participator in climate change and Brexit protests over the years for example...issues that actually really matter to the world. I guess I just don’t feel quite as strongly about Ashley’s ownership as some of you do. I’d prefer it if we competed and spent more, obviously. I don’t like Ashley’s ownership. But it’s football...it’s hardly life or death and I don’t think it’s worth ruining your hobby and enjoyment for.

Force him out by other means, sure. But walking away seems to me like you’re punishing yourself for something that will never catch on.

Steve Bruce, though. Steve Bruce. :lol: I mean, where's the line? It's not just 'his ownership', like it's merely a difference of opinion over something strategic or perhaps even political. What's happening is an absolute pisstake.

I respect you continuing to fight your battle in here, where you're fighting against the tide, mind. I wish you saw things differently.

Steve Bruce, though. Steve Bruce. :lol: I mean, where's the line? It's not just 'his ownership', like that's merely strategic or perhaps political. What's happening is an absolute pisstake.

I respect you continuing to fight your battle in here, where you're fighting against the tide, mind. I wish you saw things differently.

I agree with you at heart. I know it’s a pisstake. An ultimately crap appointment, on paper. We only differ in as far as how much we’re willing to let it bother us in the long run.

Shadow Puppets I really like your way of responding in a nice and constructive way. It definitely helps to understand your point of view. As a matter of facts I actually agree that you should go and create memories with your kids.

However there are bunch of other fans who are not in your situation and who could make a difference by not going to the matches.

Furthermore the only thing I don't agree with you is that when you said that this boycotting would not work. I think it would if it's being pulled off in bigger numbers and for sustained time period.

Newcastle's latest PR activities just give a hint that they want to hold onto the fans.

Hopefully fans behind boycotting can keep on pushing as there is not other effective method yet.

Guest chopey

What sort of memories can you create with the current set up tho? "here kids I'll take you to the match and show you how to mearly exist as a football team for the benefit of the owner"

Supporting the current owner is bad for the long term future of the club and we need him out. I personally think it might be to late, he has interwoven to much of his personal and business life into us that I don't think he will ever sell which means people like me are finished and it's heartbreaking.

I would suggest you watch The class of 92 documentarys to see that memories with your kids don't have to be made at Sports Direct United.

What sort of memories can you create with the current set up tho? "here kids I'll take you to the match and show you how to mearly exist as a football team for the benefit of the owner"

Supporting the current owner is bad for the long term future of the club and we need him out. I personally think it might be to late, he has interwoven to much of his personal and business life into us that I don't think he will ever sell which means people like me are finished and it's heartbreaking.

I would suggest you watch The class of 92 documentarys to see that memories with your kids don't have to be made at Sports Direct United.

The kids don't know anything about FMA or Sports Direct though, to them they're just watching their team play.  Watched it with my boys last night and they had a great time, the little one has been wandering around the house chanting 'Newcastle, newcastle, newcastle' all morning.

Poor little bugger, i'll apologise to him when he's old enough :lol:

Shadow Puppets I really like your way of responding in a nice and constructive way. It definitely helps to understand your point of view. As a matter of facts I actually agree that you should go and create memories with your kids.

However there are bunch of other fans who are not in your situation and who could make a difference by not going to the matches.

Furthermore the only thing I don't agree with you is that when you said that this boycotting would not work. I think it would if it's being pulled off in bigger numbers and for sustained time period.

Newcastle's latest PR activities just give a hint that they want to hold onto the fans.

Hopefully fans behind boycotting can keep on pushing as there is not other effective method yet.

Spot on.

Guest covmag

I've been going since 1976,I've seen some shite and had some amazing memories home and away,I've been to pre season friendlies at Queen of the South ,Rangers made some good mates who were all Newcastle daft.

In recent years the feel of the place changed,from a club that was exciting to a place that went flat,then Rafa came and I dont know what he did but he gave me pride in the shirt again,the feel around the place was there again.

Its lost that feel,I dont know when it will return ,I wont be going until it does,that " feel" is something we just "know" I cant explain it.

Truthfully I watched the game on telly yesterday, I still kicked every ball,I still just cant hate them enough not to care or hurt when we get beat.Reading folk on here type "get in " when Arsenal score,howay man,really?

Dont ever let this bastard take away your love,I dont think he will ever truly do that to any of you,however I will not give him a penny more ,ever.You all heard the 2019 crowd yesterday, silent,miserable,wanting something to make them happy,it never came,it will never come back now we let the one man go who had me feel I was part of it again,Rafa.

So I now have given up my seat,the sheer despair of seeing a well publicised boycott fail to make any impact yet again made me think why did I do it? I did it because this bastard has sucked the fun out of the club and the respect it once had,he nearly got it back with Rafa but.......

This season will be crap,I feel sorry for our fans.

Shadow, mind if I ask how old you are and if you lived through the Kevin Keegan years?

Mid 30s. And yes...I went to my first game in 92.

Since when did mediocrity become something anyone wanted to foist on their kids ?

Kids don’t care who owns the team...if it’s run well / badly. They care about the buzz you get from it. And the players. And dare I say they care about being with their dad / mum / friends making memories. When I took my 4 year old to the friendly last week he LOVED Saint Maximin because he kept running past people. And he loved his hair! 😁 That was his first up close experience with it. He’ll grow to love the roar of the crowd etc etc.

And in the grand scheme of where we could be as a football club, it’s not “mediocre”, is it...it’s just normal for most PL teams? Sure, in comparison to where we were under Keegan and Bobby, but outside of those cumulative 7 years, much of our existence as a football club has been like this.

I agree with much of you say in terms of matchday romance and your wairn, but no other PL club exists to sell SD to the world at the expense of everything else. Been fed scraps to keep us turning on them this summer and exercising foresight we’ll a championship club again within 3 seasons given direction of travel.

I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.

I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.

The Ashley's not going to stop me and the players need support groups are the most brain-dead comments I have heard recently. If you are going to the match then at least offer that support they proclaim about.