Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

That story was probably planted on behalf of the club to make him look like a traitor.

I mean, not really, but would you put it past them?

Entirely plausible sadly 😥

That story was probably planted on behalf of the club to make him look like a traitor.

I mean, not really, but would you put it past them?

If Rafa does leave, the club will 100% put the blame on him. Already know they're going to come out and say they did everything they could to keep him but he refused to sign.

The club really are a fucking disgrace if they let him go. Its blindingly obvious he wants to stay, under the correct cicumstances. Its even more obvious that he could do a brilliant job given what he needs.

This is the last decade in a microcosm. All the will in the world, plenty of potential but the club, or one man in paticular simply have 0 ambition. I will have no interest in next season if he goes like. They can fuck off.

He's "waiting for an answer"............from this lot?  Fuck it. That's it over then.  It was good while it lasted. 

that was my conclusion when I heard that on 5 live earlier.

Im going to take a guess , hes asked for assurances of £x per season plus any player trading profits to build the club.

x= a sensible and very affordable level of player investment for this club given the TV money etc.

I think Ashley wants to continue taking money, so its a no go.

Rafa waiting for a reply- follows the previous pattern while the club sounds out other cheap run of the mill options who will allow Ashley to continue as above.

Didn't a Liverpool fan say if he turns up to a peesser wearing a suit shit is about to go down?

"In 2007, after his attempts to engage Liverpool’s US co-owners about possible transfer funds had been met with a terse email instructing him to focus on training and coaching the team, Benítez turned his next press conference into a display of open belligerence. Every one of the questions presented to him by an increasingly bewildered press pack was answered with the same phrase: “I am focused on training and coaching my team.” The following day, Benítez – never previously seen on a match day in anything other than a suit and tie – appeared on the touchline clad ostentatiously in a billowing training-ground tracksuit and box-fresh trainers. If he hadn’t had his way, he’d certainly made his point."

Its very clever from Benitez. For weeks I have been reading that the club were keen for Benitez to stay and were pushing him for an answer and Benitez has now put the pressure back on the club by stating he has been talking with Charnley and has made his demands clear. His demands seem reasonable. He has kept the club up on a shoe string budget for the last 2 seasons even making a profit in transfers so deserves at least £70 million to spend this summer, wants deals done much quicker, wants upgrades to the training ground and changes to the academy. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed, but he clearly doesn't want to be fighting relegation battles anymore even if he wouldn't get the same support from the fans at any other club except Liverpool. I can see him at Roma next season.