Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

:lol: I honestly thought Pards congratulating himself was a joke

Really, i always have visions of him in his transfer bath, patting himself on the back.  "nice one Alan"

Guest antz1uk

very meh aout this lad, we wouldn't even need a 'back up' striker if he would play gouffran in his proper position

We badly need some pace and athleticism, so happy he will be able to provide that for us. I think he will be a decent signing, and will make a contribution. I liked what I saw the few times I watched Monaco last season.

Would rather save the money and use towards bringing in a TOP striker who could potentialy get 20+ goals.  But if we are in for another striker then no harm in this! Power and speed will be a good adition.

Not as exited with this signing as I am about De Jong and Cabella mind.

I'm sure he will love the developmental squad at the age of 24.

That's what I can't get my head around, how much is he going to develop at 24? Looks fast and powerful on the YT vid I saw, other than that no idea. You'd like to think we've researched him and aren't just taking a hopeful punt.

Appears based on his stats to be an extremely good finisher, just doesn't shoot very often for whatever reason. Converts nearly 20% of all goal-scoring opportunities and over half his shots are on target.

Never seen him play, but I'm guessing he may be a player who could blossom when given a larger role in a different tactical system.

:pardsgrin:

In any case, without a proven goal scorer we can make good signings for other positions till the cows come home, we'll still be in deep shit next season. That was always going to be the key position.

He probably belongs to the 'meh' Colback-level of signing that I don't really care about. The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

Who though? The only (somewhat solid) links I've seen are Riviere and Lacazette. Neither of them are that level

The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

Who though? The only (somewhat solid) links I've seen are Riviere and Lacazette. Neither of them are that level

Lacazette is quite highly-regarded by many around here. I'd be happy with him even if I prefer someone who can bring the likes of de Jong into play.

But yeah, there haven't been many strikers linked with us.