Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Shields gave it away. Two keeper howlers and their keeper sent off with 25 or so to go.

Shields then had one shot on target (which they scored from) fucking shite. 

Their stand in keeper riled the locals and I think retribution was exacted which he was none too happy about. If he's gonna bait the big lads he better be big enough to take the flak.

North Shields vs Shildon in the Vase!

Probably heading to this today. If I can be arsed to move from the sofa.

Did you go? Apparently there was a fair bit of bother?

Aye, few scraps going on at the end like. Really entertaining game but disappointing for Shields.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if they'll Hoover the leagues talent up if/when they do secure promotion. Be a Northern League representative XI almost.

Ironically they could find that they struggle to attract players when they move up a level. The thought of a midweek trip down to Colwyn Bay with work the next morning narve puts a few off.

Wonder if they'll Hoover the leagues talent up if/when they do secure promotion. Be a Northern League representative XI almost.

Ironically they could find that they struggle to attract players when they move up a level. The thought of a midweek trip down to Colwyn Bay with work the next morning narve puts a few off.

True. Double edged sword for a lot of players I'd imagine. More money and a higher level of exposure versus long slugs to various shitholes on the bus and I wouldn't be surprised if the local prestige is less too. Crowds aren't much bigger at a lot of clubs.

Good news for South Shields - only those and Bishop Auckland applied to go up so barring a disaster, they'll be in the Evo next season!

They've got to finish in the top 3, and it looks like there are 4 in contention to win the league - them, North Shields, Shildon and Morpeth so as long as they don't finish bottom of that pile they will go up, but by no means nailed on

It would be a pretty spectacular mess of postponements which results in such a long trip midweek- although it does happen occasionally. Unfortunately a lot of people in the NE think that it happens every week and shy away for the travel. Odd that so many are less fussed when it's a Vase game.

It's crazy that SS still need to finish in the Top 3- when looking across the pyramid (as promotion is supposed to) they would likely comfortably do so in the other feeders- another example of how the set-up as it is today restricts the progress of ambitious clubs in the region.

• 3 weeks later...

Washington 1 v 6 North Shields.

But the fun and games were at mariners park where the match was abandoned when the floodlights failed just when 10 man South Shields went 4. 2 down with minutes to play. Waiting g to see if a highly dodgy replay will be ordered or whether the result will stand. Arca was sent off on the stroke of HT.

Cheating bastards.

As a Morpeth fan was at the game yesterday. Absolutely fuming. Just as our player wheeled away to celebrate 4th goal lights go out. Absolute joke. If we have to replay that at 11 v 11 it will be disgusting. South Shields fans whinging about ref sending off Arca for grabbing our go around throat and throwing him to the ground!!! Lucky it was a second yellow and not straight red.

West Allotment 0-4 Newcastle Benfield

0-3 half time, home missed a pen at 0-2, Paul Brayson hat trick and an own goal. :(

Did Devlin play for Benfield? Heard Stoke have signed him.

He did aye, got absolutely rinsed by their coach early on for missing a couple of good chances. Seemed quite frustrated with himself in the second half but I thought he had a canny game.

As a rugby player in the north east, I was surprised to see Darlington RFC have allowed a ground share with the football club. Already, after just a few weeks the football club seemingly are taking over the place. I presume if they get promoted they'll have final say on who is allowed to play on the main pitch at Blackwell Meadows on a Saturday 3pm KO.

No idea how it's going to work really!

As a Morpeth fan was at the game yesterday. Absolutely fuming. Just as our player wheeled away to celebrate 4th goal lights go out. Absolute joke. If we have to replay that at 11 v 11 it will be disgusting. South Shields fans whinging about ref sending off Arca for grabbing our go around throat and throwing him to the ground!!! Lucky it was a second yellow and not straight red.

FA announce match to be replayed.