Transfer rumours

Yorkie

He's available for 9.5 million isn't he? Assuming no takeover I think that's a no-brainer given he's only 25. Even if he did nothing the next season we'd get our money back for him and we don't have a wealth of CM options.

Greizmann wants a move to the Prem, currently City and Man Utd mentioned, would it be too soon to tempt him to the Toon under the new owners?  :shifty:

So weird what has happened to Griezmann, got 1 minute against Atletico and Simeone was in disbelief. Griezmanns brother was angry about it on twitter too. Maybe Village Idiot[/member]  can shed light

He's available for 9.5 million isn't he? Assuming no takeover I think that's a no-brainer given he's only 25. Even if he did nothing the next season we'd get our money back for him and we don't have a wealth of CM options.

He's available for less than that. Schalke said they'd be open to renegotiating the price if we were interested. Probably get him for £7m imo, which is nothing, but i do believe he's on a canny wedge.

Not sold either way. His time here hasn't been great, but i don't think that's a fair reflection of his talent, he's better than what we've seen. I don't think he's on the wane either, its simply down to games and getting settled. If a manager needed a player like him then at that price its a good buy, if its simply to make up the numbers as we're a bit short, then its pointless for us and him.

Greizmann wants a move to the Prem, currently City and Man Utd mentioned, would it be too soon to tempt him to the Toon under the new owners?  :shifty:

So weird what has happened to Griezmann, got 1 minute against Atletico and Simeone was in disbelief. Griezmanns brother was angry about it on twitter too. Maybe Village Idiot[/member]  can shed light

There’s no place in the team for Griezemann whilst Messi is playing as a 10 now - the fact that Barca couldn’t figure this out before buying him is the most baffling thing of the lot

He's available for less than that. Schalke said they'd be open to renegotiating the price if we were interested. Probably get him for £7m imo, which is nothing, but i do believe he's on a canny wedge.

Not sold either way. His time here hasn't been great, but i don't think that's a fair reflection of his talent, he's better than what we've seen. I don't think he's on the wane either, its simply down to games and getting settled. If a manager needed a player like him then at that price its a good buy, if its simply to make up the numbers as we're a bit short, then its pointless for us and him.

Agreed, except for the making up the numbers point. We need a squad player to replace Ki and at that price it makes sense. And as you say he has barely played for a year so there is reason to hope he can improve further. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Agreed, except for the making up the numbers point. We need a squad player to replace Ki and at that price it makes sense. And as you say he has barely played for a year so there is reason to hope he can improve further. He hasn't been terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

If we are taken over, Shelvey, Hayden and the Longstaffs will be making up the numbers, imo anyway.

It won’t be very often we can get away with Shelvey and Benteleb as the centre midfielders. Bournemouth allowed them to stroll around for 90 minutes but, against real teams, we’ll need someone with better ability to get up and back, and to run with opponents...

Bentaleb's the sort of player who shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation if we were to get taken over; from what I've seen I don't understand why we didn't just hang onto Ki instead.

We need massive investment at CM imo, more so than anywhere else on the pitch other than CF. I wouldn't be especially disappointed to see any one of our current CMs leave tbh, aside from mebbes Sean, in spite of how poor a season he's had this time round. There's a dangerous attacking mid in that lad somewhere. Not fussed on Matty, though admittedly for entirely irrational reasons.

Bentaleb's the sort of player who shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation if we were to get taken over; from what I've seen I don't understand why we didn't just hang onto Ki instead.

We need massive investment at CM imo, more so than anywhere else on the pitch other than CF. I wouldn't be especially disappointed to see any one of our current CMs leave tbh, aside from mebbes Sean, in spite of how poor a season he's had this time round. There's a dangerous attacking mid in that lad somewhere. Not fussed on Matty, though admittedly for entirely irrational reasons.

Couldn’t agree more with this.

Should the takeover go through we need players who will take us to the next level. I don’t think think Bentaleb is someone who fits this criteria.

There’s no place in the team for Griezemann whilst Messi is playing as a 10 now - the fact that Barca couldn’t figure this out before buying him is the most baffling thing of the lot

This.

Couldn’t understand them wanting him other than to weaken A.Madrid. Not sure what I make of him as a player. Especially in the EPL.

The Longstaffs should be retained for financial, sentimental and footballing reasons.. They are very decent cover for a two-man midfield.

Bentaleb must be a lot more physical and aggressive if he is to play that defensive role in a midfield two. No point in persisting with him, although Schalke will let him go for a low fee.

If we really have the buying power, we should look to upgrade the centre midfield area.. unless Bruce is still around. It's good that Shelvey and Hayden are having decent seasons. Now would be a very good time to cash in on them, although I doubt we'll get more than £25-30 mil for both..

No idea who we should buy instead like.. should be entirely up to the new manager's vision.

This.

Couldn’t understand them wanting him other than to weaken A.Madrid. Not sure what I make of him as a player. Especially in the EPL.

Watched his documentary the other night. Probably the most boring and pointless football programme ever created. "Grizou" comes across as a dull, immature, self-centered twat.. Doesn't seem particularly arsed about his club football either..

From the Mail:

The St James' Park club have been busy identifying potential targets of their own with Roma striker Patrik Schick, Arnaud Lusamba of Nice, Benfica's Florentino Luis and Ben Godfrey of Norwich among those discussed.

Another option, highly rated Uruguayan winger 18-year-old Facundo Pellistri from Atletico Penarol, who is valued at £10m, is attracting strong interest from Manchester City and United.

I'm sure that Schick was already linked to us not too long ago