Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

• 3 months later...

Nice little video. That free kick in the cup semi-final lifted me out of my chair. To beat one of the best keepers in the world from that far out was unbelievable.

I always remember his performances at the end of the 87-88 season. He'd been out injured for most of the season, and we were stuck firmly at the bottom with only a dozen or so games to go. When he returned, we won 6 and drew 2 of his first nine games, and in the end we avoided relegation quite easily. He completely transformed the confidence and performance of the side, at the age of only 21.

Interesting about him kissing someone on the lips, I've long been of the opinion that his mental state & long battles with alcoholism come from his repressed homosexuality/bullying father.

Maybe, but the death of his mates brother when he was young made a huge impact. He talks about it in autobiography.

Childhood trauma has a huge impact, wouldn’t be surprised if he has BPD

Guest Howaythetoon

Why didn’t we somehow get Gazza back under KK?

Too expensive, maybe?

I think he was like 4.5m when he signed for Rangers - is all.

Not sure we really wanted him tbh, don’t think KK wanted his circus and as good as he was for Rangers, he was finished at the top level then.

Guest neesy111

Why didn’t we somehow get Gazza back under KK?

Too expensive, maybe?

I think he was like 4.5m when he signed for Rangers - is all.

Not sure we really wanted him tbh, don’t think KK wanted his circus and as good as he was for Rangers, he was finished at the top level then.

Also very injury prone.

• 1 month later...