Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Arguably Ki could be more of a replacement for Hayden and the money from Hayden and Merino could allow us someone in the vein of Merino as a replacement.

would take that £10m for hayden with a massive pinch of salt myself, i'll be amazed if we get more than £5m personally

Why not? He's still young, has a good pedigree and is a decent enough player. No point in selling him for £5m, in today's market that's worthless. We'd be better off keeping him, too bad about his personal situation, we aren't obliged to give away valuable squad members under contract.

Starting the season with shelvey, Diame and saivet as our only midfielders then?

Ki?

Oh yeah. Not quite the panic I thought then

Also Ki won't be fit when the season starts.

In an ordinary world, getting Hayden moved on would be good but I've no hope in the club's ability to replace him.

The book is literally thrown out the window with our lot. Let's hope we have our fingers in a lot of pies.

I had high hopes for Hayden at the start of last season, however I thought he was a fair way off the pace throughout and looked out of his depth. Would be harsh to write off such a young player entirely but my gut says he probably won’t see the majority of his career in the top division.

Why has it taken our journalists 2 days to realise that Hayden isn't in Ireland? f***ing hopeless man.

Probably a bit of the aul racism..

Anyway, back on point, he didn’t add much last year. Out of his depth at the higher level.. he might get there, just not right now which is what we need..

Why has it taken our journalists 2 days to realise that Hayden isn't in Ireland? f***ing hopeless man.

Probably a bit of the aul racism..

Anyway, back on point, he didn’t add much last year. Out of his depth at the higher level.. he might get there, just not right now which is what we need..

Given we can't afford players we need  "not right now" as well "class now".

Personally I'm a bit gutted he's going to leave. He's limited however got bags of time on his side to work out the kinks in his game.

Like someone already said, losing him and merino at their ages is largely disappointing regardless of the situations that are out of our control.

Personally I'm a bit gutted he's going to leave. He's limited however got bags of time on his side to work out the kinks in his game.

Like someone already said, losing him and merino at their ages is largely disappointing regardless of the situations that are out of our control.

:thup:

Agreed. Always liked him and seems to be a great lad off the pitch.