Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Kinda forgotten about him a bit tbh. :lol:

Wish him all the best but it forces us into potentially improving the squad. It's doubtful that he was ever going to be anything other than the one-goal-up, keep-it-tight, 75-minute sub, which no one ever wants. He did well in the Championship though and great value for money.

Guest firetotheworks

This is a real shame. I like him and could see him developing into an intelligent player with us. It seemed clear that Rafa had singled him out for his football lessons because he saw that in him.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Hayden, he has a great attitude and did well for us in the Championship, but I feel he isn’t a PL quality player. I wish him well and hopefully he gets himself a good move.

Wasn’t he pictured helping out at a food bank during his time here? Seems like a nice lad and a model pro. Good luck to him, admittedly I also had forgotten about his existence slightly due to the revival of the Diaminator.

Hoped he would really mature here, but haven't truly felt he's become PL quality. Probably doing us a favour leaving so we can replace with someone who is. With him and Merino going that's leaving quite a squad gap in DM.

Well... Wasn't expecting that, hope the 'family reasons' are too serious, he seems a canny lad

However tbh this does kinda mess things up for Rafa as I think he was pretty happy with Shelvey, Diame, Ki and Hayden.

Hoped he would really mature here, but haven't truly felt he's become PL quality. Probably doing us a favour leaving so we can replace with someone who is. With him and Merino going that's leaving quite a squad gap in DM.

Not really, it's just the case of one out, one in. We've already replaced Merino with Ki.

Not really, it's just the case of one out, one in. We've already replaced Merino with Ki.

Keep forgetting we signed KI. :lol: :thup:

Not so bad then...

Aye but Rafa propably thought after signing Ki his midfield business was done

I like Hayden, he has a great attitude and did well for us in the Championship, but I feel he isn’t a PL quality player. I wish him well and hopefully he gets himself a good move.

This basically. He was a big upgrade on Colback so did a good job for us, but not sure he was ever going to polish the rough edges any further if a few seasons under Wenger and Rafa hadn't done it. Good signing for someone though, probably best all round for him to leave as he wasn't commanding a starting spot here.

Keep forgetting we signed KI. :lol: :thup:

Not so bad then...

:thup:

A young/squad player CM would be an adequate replacement for Hayden imo. Nay idea who mind.

£10m? Would be pleasantly surprised by anything near that.

As much as it "won't get reinvested" you still want to see us pulling as much in for the departing players as possible.

Guest ElCid

Don’t buy this shit about wanting to be nearer to home mind the real reason is he knows he is not going to get much game time especially with the signing of Ki. Suppose for him he is more likely to get sympathy to a move by saying that though.

Guest ElCid

£10m? Would be pleasantly surprised by anything near that.

As much as it "won't get reinvested" you still want to see us pulling as much in for the departing players as possible.

Not if it’s going into that fat cunts pocket I wouldn’t give a fuck.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not just the 'it won't get spent' factor for me, it's also that if it does get spent we'd still be operating in exactly the same market where Hayden is valued at £10m.