Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Guest firetotheworks

Just out of curiosity who was Rafa’s holding midfielders at his previous clubs?

Mascherano then Lucas at Liverpool.

Wonder if thats what he's trying to do here. Merino as one holding midfielder and maybe he bought Hayden in as the other one with the limited money he had to spend. Whereas if he had the funds would those two holding midfield positions be big money signings.

Alonso and Mascherano was his best pairing. Alonso intelligent off the ball and stayed deep. Mascherano the enforcer.  Stevie G ahead of them.

So glad you reminded everybody. They wore red aswell, aye?

Eh, did you read the question he was replying to?

Alonso and Mascherano was his best pairing. Alonso intelligent off the ball and stayed deep. Mascherano the enforcer.  Stevie G ahead of them.

So glad you reminded everybody. They wore red aswell, aye?

Eh, did you read the question he was replying to?

Aye.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t rate Shelvey, but we look so much better in possession as a team when Shelvey is in there. At least Shelvey is alway giving an option.

Hayden hides at times and isn’t good enough on the ball to play in a 2 man pairing at this level. You could see the panic.

I swear in the Championship he used to make more forward runs and was more of a box-to-box player. This season he just seems to stand around the middle of the field looking lost.

Last season he was always flying in with sliding tackles anarl. Ones that got the crowd going, where's that gone?

Guest neesy111

I swear in the Championship he used to make more forward runs and was more of a box-to-box player. This season he just seems to stand around the middle of the field looking lost.

Last season he was always flying in with sliding tackles anarl. Ones that got the crowd going, where's that gone?

Confidence.

I’m normally such a big fan of his because I like him as a young learning player with potential but he’s got to show something besides letting the ball be passed around him or making the super safe pass.

One good run and decent cross in the first half. Other than that, ran about a bit.

I do like him but when the onus is on us to get the ball and make things happen he's out of his depth at the moment.

Confidence.

I think it's mainly that the game is looking a bit too quick for him at this level and is passing him by a bit.

Still got hope he'll come good though. Our two centre mids today are so young and inexperienced

The invisible man once again. Jogs around the centre circle doning absolutely nothing whilst Merino has to do literally everything else.

I don't like him so I've deduced he doesn't try because I'm too thick and angry to work out he mightn't be good enough. What a load of shite.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was one of our better players today, not saying much. He needs creativity around him and more presence and then he can be perhaps our Jordan Henderson, someone you rarely ngicw but does the basics well while sitting and always being available. Ideally and this goes for most of them, a massive upgrade is required.