Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Struggled badly when he was out injured but that could be attributed to the fact it meant Colback played as much as missing out on a decent player. Has the right attributes for his position and could yet develop into a good PL player, then again he might not. I won't pretend to know either way but it's been good to have someone dislodge Colback for most of the season.

Thought he was poor up until his goal.

Yet he had the most touches, made the most passes and won the most tackles out of the 22 players on the pitch tonight.  Did that all happen after his goal?

Sensible people don't hide behind stats. I learned that when we beat Swansea 2-0 with 24% possession a few years ago. You think the likes of Brian Clough took notice of that rubbish?

Sensible people don't hide behind stats. I learned that when we beat Swansea 2-0 with 24% possession a few years ago. You think the likes of Brian Clough took notice of that rubbish?

The stat's back up what I was watching, he had a good game and I didn't see anything from him that made me think playing in the championship was his level.

The stat's back up what I was watching, he had a good game and I didn't see anything from him that made me think playing in the championship was his level.

I disagree. I thought he was poor 1st half and improved marginally 2nd half. Gained confidence after his goal.

I disagree. I thought he was poor 1st half and improved marginally 2nd half. Gained confidence after his goal.

I'd worked out that you'd disagreed but thanks for pointing that out.

To pretend to be the voice of reason, doing the things Hayden does, when we're without the ball, often goes under the radar. Whilst easy to escape the naked eye, because said eyes are looking elsewhere, you need a player (s) like that in your midfield. If they can also get forward and score goals like at, then happy days.

To the naked eye it might have looked like he was having a bad game.

To the naked and uneducated eye more like. Hayden virtually since day one here has excelled at doing the donkey work that many don't see. Even last night aside from a cracking strike for his goal, he hardly put a foot wrong.  His passing was crisp, he was always available to receive and his last ditch tackle in the area to deny them was textbook perfect.

This lad has the attitude and the tools to be what he wants in the game. He's not Arsenal like, as someone said last night but he does remind me of a poor man's Vieira. And he has plenty of time to improve.

To the naked eye it might have looked like he was having a bad game.

To the naked and uneducated eye more like. Hayden virtually since day one here has excelled at doing the donkey work that many don't see. Even last night aside from a cracking strike for his goal, he hardly put a foot wrong.  His passing was crisp, he was always available to receive and his last ditch tackle in the area to deny them was textbook perfect.

This lad has the attitude and the tools to be what he wants in the game. He's not Arsenal like, as someone said last night but he does remind me of a poor man's Vieira. And he has plenty of time to improve.

agree - hopefully he stabilises physically so we can get 30+ games out of him in the PL consistently, think he'll be a very good player

Some people going overboard regarding a good performance against a bottom half Championship club with nowt to play for!

I'm not sure what game you were watching.

Some people going overboard regarding a good performance against a bottom half Championship club with nowt to play for!

Cardiff v Newcastle last night. Our midfield was awful 1st half.

Hayden was our best player yesterday, and has been one of our best players this season like.

Hayden was our best player yesterday, and has been one of our best players this season like.

In your opinion of course. My opinion is that he's had a decent season, but nowt remarkable. I thought he was poor 1st half yesterday, improved after half time, as did the team in general, and seemed to grow massively in confidence after his goal.

In your opinion of course. My opinion is that he's had a decent season, but nowt remarkable. I thought he was poor 1st half yesterday, improved after half time, as did the team in general, and seemed to grow massively in confidence after his goal.

Ofcourse, I wasn't saying it wasn't, it's all opinions, thats what makes football what it is, but do I feel you're being overly harsh.

Ofcourse, I wasn't saying it wasn't, it's all opinions, thats what makes football what it is, but do I feel you're being overly harsh.

He's still young so there's room to improve, unlike Colback for example, which is why I'd be happy to see him kept on as a squad player next season. Think we'll need better than him in our first XI though.

He needs to improve, hopefully we can work on him and make a player. He's got the attributes needed just needs to generally improve his game - in most areas if he is going to have an impact in the PL. Good hit for his goal even if it was with his swinger and he had absolutely no control over it (wouldn't expect him to accept that but it's quite clear from the way he it's it).

He's still young so there's room to improve, unlike Colback for example, which is why I'd be happy to see him kept on as a squad player next season. Think we'll need better than him in our first XI though.

Aye, happy to see him in the squad for next season, and give him games here and there during a long season to continue his development and try and challenge for a 1st team spot. Don't want us to rely on him as a starter (most won't) and I'm not sure it'd be the best thing for him to play most games anyway as it very easily could go wrong for a young player with too much expectations from him too early.

You're a negative fucker aren't you. Coming from me that should tell you something.

That stats back up what I thought when I was watching the game, he was the best player on the park.