Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Think he's a decent player but has there been a single game where he hasn't been down needing treatment at some point? They must teach being a fanny at the Arsenal academy :lol:

What?!  :dowie:

It's clear he gets niggles as he launches himself into challenges - often looks like he's going to overstretch when he extends his leg to nick the ball away.

He's the complete opposite of a "fanny" type footballer.

Could go on and be a really good PL player. Really enjoy watching him play.

I was thinking if he had any real potential Arsenal would never have let him go....then I look at the Arsenal midfield and think they could probably do with someone who puts his foot in.

He shouldn't be called upon as a starter next season, even though I do think he could do a job. He should be used in rotation. Two more CMs needed, one creative and one box-to-box. Shelvey's burnt out, IMO, but he could be really good next season if we can manage his fitness.

Who would be comfortable with him in the starting XI next season? Love his cheeky incisive runs into the final third when we're struggling to break a team down.

I'd like someone better, but let's not kid ourselves. We haven't had a decent holding midfielder for years now. He's the best by some distance since Jenas/Speed if you discount that one season when Tiote was on form.

He isn't a holding midfielder really, hence the driving runs into the box

Not in the pure sense of the term, in a Rafa team midfielders are all expected to dig in when we don't have possession. Between him and Shelvey I regard him as being the enforcer if you like.

Not in the pure sense of the term, in a Rafa team midfielders are all expected to dig in when we don't have possession. Between him and Shelvey I regard him as being the enforcer if you like.

Evidenced by our second goal yesterday, for sure.

I think he's got a bit of everything going for him, really. I'd be tempted to find an upgrade on Shelvey rather than Hayden.

[emoji38] Not sure I ever saw that. Was that you?