Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

I didn't say he hasn't been good for us, he's been a relatively good midfielder for this level, but people are making out he's class when he's not.

He's not, but then how long has it been since we had a class player in his position? Since we sold Gary Speed and to an extent Jenas, I would argue we've had mostly shit ones. By that token Hayden is a step up.

It was great to have him back and he should start on Tuesday.  Our game will be so much better if he does start as we'll have movement and drive in the centre of midfield and he's not worried about putting a tackle in which he was doing when he came on today.

It was great to have him back and he should start on Tuesday.  Our game will be so much better if he does start as we'll have movement and drive in the centre of midfield and he's not worried about putting a tackle in which he was doing when he came on today.

Hopefully he'll be able to start on Wednesday too ;)

Hopefully he'll be able to start on Wednesday too ;)

:lol: I don't know where that brain fart came from.

• 2 weeks later...

Why was he taken off for Jog back tonight? Cost us dearly!

He looked like he had an impact injury, I expect he'll be OK for Monday as long as it wasn't his bad ankle but it definitely looked like one of his ankles was giving him a problem.

I wouldn't say he was outstanding but he gives us more balance.........git forward more (I know the gaffertells you not to but hell, you'd be better for it)

I thought he was outstanding you don't, no biggy.

I wouldn't say he was outstanding but he gives us more balance.........git forward more (I know the gaffertells you not to but hell, you'd be better for it)

I thought he was outstanding you don't, no biggy.

Certainly outstanding in comparison to the other options!

And at least he can be a bit dynamic and physical like a human should be. There was a situation (to name one) just outside of their box when Hayden went in to a situation and managed to get in there before the Leeds defender and took the ball before he got fouled. If it was Colback it would have been a free kick to them for a late challenge by Mr Transparent .

A midfielder who puts in a tackle and can turn and pass forward. He can also drive with the ball, and pops up on the flanks calling for the ball, trying to create chances. The difference between him and Turdback is like the difference between Lampard and....Turdback.

So good to have him back,  hope he isn't knackered for Monday.

Love his late forward runs,  which he's been doing all season.

I think we have missed him badly while he's been out. Probably more than we have missed Clark and even Gayle. He helps us keep control of the game and allows Shelvey to play his natural game. He's no world beater, yet, but he's absolutely all over the park, and he seems to understand the game lightyears ahead of his replacement.

His movement is really good, you can tell he grew up at Arsenal. He just opened up the middle of the pitch on numerous occasions and made space for more of our forward players. We need a better version of him next year, but he'll make it as a solid PL player if we develop him the right way.