Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Guest neesy111

We're the Championships top scorers and currently 2 points clear at the top like, but I'm all for replacing Rafa Benitez with Neesy.

Grow up hans you complete rench.

No doubt you are completely against Colback starting despite our best results coming when he plays.

We're the Championships top scorers and currently 2 points clear at the top like, but I'm all for replacing Rafa Benitez with Neesy.

Grow up hans you complete rench.

No doubt you are completely against Colback starting despite our best results coming when he plays.

I'm not against starting Colback, but he's hardly known for his Lampard-esque runs into the box is he?

Just no need for overreactions after every defeat.

Do you think we are getting the most from the squad we have ?

I think we're getting more than the vast majority of managers would like. These same conversations happened after the first 2 defeats of the season, and again after Wolves. Everyone suddenly thinks they're a football manager and tells us what's wrong, then Benitez goes on a near record breaking winning streak.

We could have done better today, we could have done better at Blackburn, I trust Rafa knew what he was doing with his picks though.

I think we're getting more than the vast majority of managers would like. These same conversations happened after the first 2 defeats of the season, and again after Wolves. Everyone suddenly thinks they're a football manager and tells us what's wrong, then Benitez goes on a near record breaking winning streak.

We could have done better today, we could have done better at Blackburn, I trust Rafa knew what he was doing with his picks though.

Give credit when it's due, criticise likewise. fwiw for all we beat Rotherham, Bristol city and Barnsley i think we played massively below what we can.

Thought he was really sloppy when Hull had the ball tonight but he's got the potential to be a good all-rounder. I feel like he can move the ball and pick a pass. Miles away from the finished article and he ought to be disappointed after his last couple of performances, but we might have a player here.

Give credit when it's due, criticise likewise. fwiw for all we beat Rotherham, Bristol city and Barnsley i think we played massively below what we can.

Aye for sure, I don't think we were bad today though, and losing 2 on the belt isn't too concerning given how comfortable we've looked for the last couple of month.

I think it's fair to say that risking Sels was a bad move but I'm sure he has reasons to believe he isn't compete garbage. Obviously massively let down today.

He was brilliant tonight. There's no fucking way you can use tonight to advocate Colback.

That's what I thought?  He got a little slack with his play towards the end and was in danger of getting a second yellow.  But he made three crunching tackles that I can remember, actually got forward quite well and looks to get the ball forward and wide at times, not just relying on Shelvey to do it all.  His physicality and mobility help Shelvey, IMO.  Who still can't tackle or mark, but does put more of a shift in TBF to him. 

I thought he was arguably our MOTM.  But Clark probably deserves it, again.

Him and Shelvey can't play together.

Don't agree

They are too similar imo.  We need to sign another midfielder who is willing to break into the opposition box more.

That would involve replacing both Hayden and Shelvey then.

Shelvey isn't the type to protect his back 4.

I'm all for replacing players with better players but it's odd to look at our season so far and decide we definitely need to replace our starting midfield pair in order to make any progress.

People actively want Colback in the team ahead of this kid :lol:

Think it's more about people buying into the rotation policy, not just wanting Hayden out for Colback.  Colback has been fine during the run we've been on.  He was excellent tonight and there was a real feel like he stepped up when Shelvey went off.  Hopefully he will take on that responsibility, no reason to think he can't.