Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Newcastle United’s man of the moment Isaac Hayden says that his childhood memories of watching the movie Goal inspired him to sign for the Magpies.

The former Arsenal midfielder has proved to be an instant hit with supporters and won man of the match against Reading this week during the 4-1 win.

Hayden looked delighted to score his first goal for the club against the Royals and admits even the thought of signing for Newcastle this summer had him excited.

The plot of Goal sees a Mexican youngster - Santiago Muñez - win a trial at United before proving to be a hit and playing alongside Alan Shearer , before eventually moving to Real Madrid.

Hayden said: “I’ll always remember watching Goal.

“I was only a kid and I remember thinking ‘Wow, if they’re making a film about Newcastle it must be some club.’

“Everything about it was just magical. It’s stuck in my memory ever since.

“Whatever has happened on the pitch, Newcastle has always been a big club to me.

“When I was growing up, watching Match of the Day, they were regularly a top-six side. I used to look at people like Alan Shearer, at the size of the crowd.

"What is it – 52,000? And that’s the same against Huddersfield as it is against Arsenal.

“How many other clubs would do that?

“This is an amazing club to play for and from the first conversation I had with Rafa Benitez , I knew this was the only place I wanted to go.”

United now travel to Bristol City looking to build on that win against Jaap Stam’s Reading.

Hayden, speaking to the League Paper, said: “The favourites tag will be on us all year.

“And Fulham was disappointing. Let’s not hide from that.

“We have to improve and make sure we do what the manager wants.”

Newcastle United’s man of the moment Isaac Hayden says that his childhood memories of watching the movie Goal inspired him to sign for the Magpies.

The former Arsenal midfielder has proved to be an instant hit with supporters and won man of the match against Reading this week during the 4-1 win.

Hayden looked delighted to score his first goal for the club against the Royals and admits even the thought of signing for Newcastle this summer had him excited.

The plot of Goal sees a Mexican youngster - Santiago Muñez - win a trial at United before proving to be a hit and playing alongside Alan Shearer , before eventually moving to Real Madrid.

Hayden said: “I’ll always remember watching Goal.

“I was only a kid and I remember thinking ‘Wow, if they’re making a film about Newcastle it must be some club.’

“Everything about it was just magical. It’s stuck in my memory ever since.

“Whatever has happened on the pitch, Newcastle has always been a big club to me.

“When I was growing up, watching Match of the Day, they were regularly a top-six side. I used to look at people like Alan Shearer, at the size of the crowd.

"What is it – 52,000? And that’s the same against Huddersfield as it is against Arsenal.

“How many other clubs would do that?

“This is an amazing club to play for and from the first conversation I had with Rafa Benitez , I knew this was the only place I wanted to go.”

United now travel to Bristol City looking to build on that win against Jaap Stam’s Reading.

Hayden, speaking to the League Paper, said: “The favourites tag will be on us all year.

“And Fulham was disappointing. Let’s not hide from that.

“We have to improve and make sure we do what the manager wants.”

This was when I made me big screen debut, being in the stadium when they were filming him scoring at half time. Therefore I think of myself as the mastermind behind his move to Newcastle. Think he will keep progressing this season with regular games, after only getting a handful off pasty face last season

Guest Howaythetoon

He is a good player, but I want him to be more imposing, to get forward more, to be more dynamic. He's neat and tidy and a fine physical specimen so he has it in him...

Seen loads of good things from him but also a few weaknesses, jury still out I would say but think he has potential to be very good for us.

Considering the fee we paid and the age of the lad, I don't need anymore convincing that this has been a great signing, I had my early doubts about the players he's brought in and the jury is still out on a few of them, but Hayden, Ritchie, Gayle and Diame, look like they could be excellent recruits.

Seen loads of good things from him but also a few weaknesses, jury still out I would say but think he has potential to be very good for us.

Considering the fee we paid and the age of the lad, I don't need anymore convincing that this has been a great signing, I had my early doubts about the players he's brought in and the jury is still out on a few of them, but Hayden, Ritchie, Gayle and Diame, look like they could be excellent recruits.

:thup: