Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Roger Kint

Was just wondering, if Ashley sacked Pardew and brought in a "proper" manager (not going to name names but an appointment where it's clearly for footballing reasons and not a crony Ashley's heard of like Curbishley or Sanchez, etc), would people go back?

I think quite a few would if we signifigantly strengthened too. Im still not til Ashley goes like, which may be about the same time we do what i said at the start :lol:

If he was backed adequately (£100m NOT required...) and we generally started operating like a proper Premier League football club then yeah, I'd consider it.

I don't believe Ashley is going anywhere any time soon, so the most we can hope for is the club tries its best. We're currently so far from that it's laughable.

Appointing a proper manager AND showing enough ambition to back him properly (not expecting a ridiculous amount to be spend) and I'd probably get 2. One for me and one for the boy.

Guest neesy111

If he was backed adequately (£100m NOT required...) and we generally started operating like a proper Premier League football club then yeah, I'd consider it.

I don't believe Ashley is going anywhere any time soon, so the most we can hope for is the club tries its best. We're currently so far from that it's laughable.

Aye, would require almost a u-turn from the way the club is ran currently.

Again, just hypothetical, but even if he was still a tight arse but got decent players in the areas we need (Gomis on a Bosman for example) and a manager like Laudrup.

Would you go back?

Yep. A decent manager would go a long way.

Again, just hypothetical, but even if he was still a tight arse but got decent players in the areas we need (Gomis on a Bosman for example) and a manager like Laudrup.

Would you go back?

Yep. A decent manager would go a long way.

Was just wondering, if Ashley sacked Pardew and brought in a "proper" manager (not going to name names but an appointment where it's clearly for footballing reasons and not a crony Ashley's heard of like Curbishley or Sanchez, etc), would people go back?

If Pardew is sacked and replaced by a decent manager I'll go back, even if it's as soon as next season and knowing I would have to pay more for a new season ticket.

Would you go back?

I don't care how much we spend if we're getting decent players, I'd rather get them for nothing.  The manager and everything ours stands for is my problem and until he goes, I don't go.

Would you go back?

I don't care how much we spend if we're getting decent players, I'd rather get them for nothing.  The manager and everything ours stands for is my problem and until he goes, I don't go.

This.

There's no need, necessarily, for MA to pump millions into the club. I don't even expect him to spend a penny, just to run us well and try to maximise our chances of winning games and playing well. The current incumbent is a lying, cowardly fraud and I despise him and everything he stands for.

Pardew is absolutely the number one problem for me these days. He's draining the life out of me with the way he manages us.

There is no reason for us to be so poor with what he has available, though I appreciate he's hardly been backed to the hilt.

Another way of looking at it for me re: Ashley is like a computer game boss, where you need to kill one bit of it to get onto the next (usually an arm, ending in the head, etc.)

That analogy could be much better. He's the first step, basically.

I think even with the way Ashley runs the club, the appointment of a good manager who plays decent football and can improve players and develop youth would address a lot of the issues.  If fans can go to games in anticipation of enjoying them and competing in them, it would be a start.

If the next manager is an out of work old-timer with links to Ashley, then we will know that nothing will change and it really would be pointless in renewing.

I haven't renewed yet so for me it is a case of wait and see.  I'll end up paying more but I would be happy with that if it meant that I would enjoy it more.

Is there any way of cancelling my ticket but keeping my points? Will retaining my club membership work?

I can understand anyone cancelling their ticket and thought about it myself.  The points thing is a major factor.  It's a season ticket holder benefit and we can't have it both ways,  although being a member only may get round it. Personally can't bring myself to cancel, yet. They're saying they see the need to improve the squad. I've started paying for next season so suppose I'll have to see what happens and rethink my position next feb. I know I shouldn't believe a word they tell us but I'm probably just living in hope.

Pardew is absolutely the number one problem for me these days. He's draining the life out of me with the way he manages us.

There is no reason for us to be so poor with what he has available, though I appreciate he's hardly been backed to the hilt.

Another way of looking at it for me re: Ashley is like a computer game boss, where you need to kill one bit of it to get onto the next (usually an arm, ending in the head, etc.)

That analogy could be much better. He's the first step, basically.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought it would come to this but I think I'm going.

Has everyone who cancelled still got their loyalty points on their account? Do you still need to pay to be a member to keep them?

Guest neesy111

Has everyone who cancelled still got their loyalty points on their account? Do you still need to pay to be a member to keep them?

You do keep them but you need to be a member to use them properly.

How do you even use them anyway without a ST?

How do you even use them anyway without a ST?

Buy your away ticket with your membership online

I was told that cancelling you ST will mean you lose your points regardless of whether you stay a member. If I could have kept my points I would have cancelled by now, as it is I'm still in an undecided limbo :s

Guest neesy111

I was told that cancelling you ST will mean you lose your points regardless of whether you stay a member. If I could have kept my points I would have cancelled by now, as it is I'm still in an undecided limbo :s

Who told you that?  My points are still in my account from when I quit last year when I login online.