Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I don't want to give Mike Ashley more of my money, and his regime for running the club is a joke. This means I will sacrifice home games (except for mates offering their tickets) and continue to attend some away games. How does that make me fickle and a glory hunter if I wanted a cup final ticket?

I've spent thousands throughout my life on NUFC, majority of it away from home including around Europe. I supported us in the Championship, so the term glory hunter couldn't be any further away from the truth IMO.

You're still attending matches though? That's fine, it's those who say they are never going back. You're giving up your ST but then still going, so not like you fall into that category.

You're touchy if the very mention of a discussion anywhere else gets you worked up.

Don't want to be told I'm a mug by the people that were happy to go 5 days ago.

is that happening? :lol:

"Match-going fans - deserving of blame?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Dad, Granda and brother have cancelled. Don't blame them but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's more for the day out in town rather than the match for me. I wish I had the balls to at times but like someone said in a previous page or a different thread, I've got age on my side. Surely I will be going to the games long after that fat cunt has fucked off. I do find it upsetting that my Granda who has been going since he was 8 and my Dad who's been going all my life have jacked it in, but that's what Ashley has driven people too. Killed the passion people once had.

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. f*** all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

Reference 'if we got to a cup final' - yes I'd want a ticket. If anyone says I shouldn't deserve one or whatever for walking out on my ST then LOL.

You wouldn't deserve, nor should get one, ahead of a current ST holder at the time though.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a b******, yet if the b****** (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

That'd make you a glory hunter IMO.

:thup:

Hold on, hold on! What if one of those current season ticket holders only got the ticket this season? What if they weren't there through the relegation season? Or the Souness years? Pointless argument. If the guy wanted a ticket for a cup final, and got one, despite jacking in the season ticket, then deserving it doesn't come into it whatsoever.

Of course it does, according to some this is the thinnest of the thin of times, therefore someone who supports the team in the leanest of shitty times damn well does deserve a ticket, over someone not there, if there is a glimmer in the darkness.

I used to watch the Beckenbauer-esque Glen fucking Keeley week in week out, does that make me deserve any potential cup final ticket, does it fuck.

To not attend matches, because we are shit, but then go to a potential "glory" game, is the very definition of a glory hunter.

Stop it, man.

What if you've lived away from the area? Easy to have a ST if you live local? how is it fair if I haven't had one when it wouldn't have been possible anyway?

Basically hard luck, sure there's fans all around the world who follow us madly and would love to save up for a trip to Wembley but just have to accept unless you know people who might get you a ticket, you're unfortunately just going to have to watch on the TV. I know it sounds harsh but i think it's still the fairest way. Would have just as much sympathy for those who actually live in the area but can't afford to attend.

:lol:  you can't reduce support to any kind of value judgement though. I was going to games when I was 5, some people might have started later than me? that make me a better fan? I was at Villa away relegation season, I've followed us for 20plus years.  This mentality of ST stuff is totally wrong imo. Nothing makes you a better fan, its an abstract concept. 

I'm not sure who said better fan :lol:

I think the points system works well and is fair. If you've gained the points, in theory you'll get your ticket. If you've just been buying on the day or get away tickets through a friend or whatever, you're running the risk of losing out on a ticket.

If you give up your ST and just pick and choose which matches you attend, once again you'll be running the risk of missing out.

If you've gave up your ST because you are fed up and said you'll never return under this regime and watch us again, then you want a cup final ticket, you don't deserve one imo. If you stick by your word and miss it, respect to them, if you try and grab one, it's fickle and glory hunting  :lol:

I don't want to give Mike Ashley more of my money, and his regime for running the club is a joke. This means I will sacrifice home games (except for mates offering their tickets) and continue to attend some away games. How does that make me fickle and a glory hunter if I wanted a cup final ticket?

I've spent thousands throughout my life on NUFC, majority of it away from home including around Europe. I supported us in the Championship, so the term glory hunter couldn't be any further away from the truth IMO.

I wouldn't bother mate, it's like chasing the village idiot around the may pole, it just wears you out.

If we're in a cup final (:yao:) and you really, really want to go there's always the capitalist option of throwing money at it. I for one would certainly be willing to invest several thousand pounds into a ticket off ebay or something assuming I had the disposable income at the time.

As far as distributing the supporters allocation goes, I think the points system is pretty fair despite the fact that it disadvantages me.

What if you've lived away from the area? Easy to have a ST if you live local? how is it fair if I haven't had one when it wouldn't have been possible anyway?

Basically hard luck, sure there's fans all around the world who follow us madly and would love to save up for a trip to Wembley but just have to accept unless you know people who might get you a ticket, you're unfortunately just going to have to watch on the TV. I know it sounds harsh but i think it's still the fairest way. Would have just as much sympathy for those who actually live in the area but can't afford to attend.

:lol:  you can't reduce support to any kind of value judgement though. I was going to games when I was 5, some people might have started later than me? that make me a better fan? I was at Villa away relegation season, I've followed us for 20plus years.  This mentality of ST stuff is totally wrong imo. Nothing makes you a better fan, its an abstract concept. 

I'm not sure who said better fan :lol:

I think the points system works well and is fair. If you've gained the points, in theory you'll get your ticket. If you've just been buying on the day or get away tickets through a friend or whatever, you're running the risk of losing out on a ticket.

If you give up your ST and just pick and choose which matches you attend, once again you'll be running the risk of missing out.

If you've gave up your ST because you are fed up and said you'll never return under this regime and watch us again, then you want a cup final ticket, you don't deserve one imo. If you stick by your word and miss it, respect to them, if you try and grab one, it's fickle and glory hunting  :lol:

Is it fuck glory hunting...it may be an admission of fallibility for one though it's hypothetical anyhow unless they start playing 3rd round ties at Wembley.

Season ticket holder priority isn't a reward for games attended in the past, it's reward for games you're likely to attend in future.

I might be duplicating something but bullshit, tickets are dished out according to loyalty points which are from games already attended, not future games.

Season ticket holder priority isn't a reward for games attended in the past, it's reward for games you're likely to attend in future.

I might be duplicating something but bullshit, tickets are dished out according to loyalty points which are from games already attended, not future games.

The discussion wasn't around points though. It was around season ticket holders vs past season ticket holders.

:)

If you jack in your ST ticket you can't use your points (if they are kept) ahead of an existing ST holder. I have a mate who stopped going a while ago as he lives down south (used to come up every game) and he has to wait to members sale and then it is a free for all.

I'll keep going for the craic with the lads and the occasional away game where those points come in very useful. I'd hate to have to start over and when I do give up my ST it'll be an acceptance that I'll miss out on any good times.

I attended every home game when we were real rubbish under McGarry etc and missed out on KK as manager due to playing Saturday afternoon local league. Ashley won't last forever but I certainly applaud those willing to give up their ST on principle in an attempt to hasten his departure.

Pardew talking about season tickets and making signings in the summer. Rattled.

Its working  :shifty:

Was he?  Sent out to talk about season tickets?  hahaha the wankers, managers or chairmen would never ever do that half way through the season, they usually mention it in the build up to preseason to get a few extra bums in.

So is it definitely OK to just cancel your direct debit if they've emailed you back to say you're locked in because you missed the cancellation deadline?

Sorry, it's probably already been covered earlier in the thread but I've been ill and really not up to trailing through pages and pages. Any help appreciated?