Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

According to HF all the fans giving up only go to 2 games a year.

http://i.imgur.com/eEXvzdQ.jpg

Honestly who the fuck goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a cunt, I'm going to call him a cunt to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

You and Cajun?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91360.msg3928798.html#msg3928798

;)

At what point do I say anything about anyone on toontastic? I was agreeing with the general pet hate. If this is the best you could dig up, then I'm unimpressed to say the least. Spineless little rat.

At what point did I say owt about anyone on NO that hasn't been said to them here?

Honestly who the fuck goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a cunt, I'm going to call him a cunt to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

You and Cajun?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91360.msg3928798.html#msg3928798

;)

At what point do I say anything about anyone on toontastic? I was agreeing with the general pet hate. If this is the best you could dig up, then I'm unimpressed to say the least. Spineless little rat.

At what point did I say owt about anyone on NO that hasn't been said to them here?

Doesn't matter. Keep it in here rather than mocking people where they can't even see it. It's just awful form.

Done with this anyway, I wouldn't want to ruin my calm and collected persona by getting into a meaningless internet battle. I've made my opinion known, you obviously disagree and think it's fine to talk about people behind their backs.

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. f*** all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

Reference 'if we got to a cup final' - yes I'd want a ticket. If anyone says I shouldn't deserve one or whatever for walking out on my ST then LOL.

You wouldn't deserve, nor should get one, ahead of a current ST holder at the time though.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a b******, yet if the b****** (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

That'd make you a glory hunter IMO.

:thup:

Hold on, hold on! What if one of those current season ticket holders only got the ticket this season? What if they weren't there through the relegation season? Or the Souness years? Pointless argument. If the guy wanted a ticket for a cup final, and got one, despite jacking in the season ticket, then deserving it doesn't come into it whatsoever.

Of course it does, according to some this is the thinnest of the thin of times, therefore someone who supports the team in the leanest of shitty times damn well does deserve a ticket, over someone not there, if there is a glimmer in the darkness.

I used to watch the Beckenbauer-esque Glen fucking Keeley week in week out, does that make me deserve any potential cup final ticket, does it fuck.

To not attend matches, because we are shit, but then go to a potential "glory" game, is the very definition of a glory hunter.

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. f*** all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

Reference 'if we got to a cup final' - yes I'd want a ticket. If anyone says I shouldn't deserve one or whatever for walking out on my ST then LOL.

You wouldn't deserve, nor should get one, ahead of a current ST holder at the time though.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a b******, yet if the b****** (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

:lol: that's total rubbish imo. There is no hierarchy of fandom. I'd argue I care more about NUFC than some ST holders and I've never had one

Well for example, if i didn't get a ticket for the final then Kev who has thrown in the towel with the club gets one, I'd be more than pissed off :lol:

I don't think it should be a raffle between ST holders and genral public. The points system works well so i'm not arguing with the club with that as if you've put your money, time and effort into attending matches, you'll get your rewards when the big matches come along, you'd like to hope so anyways.

Guest alijmitchell

Hold on, hold on! What if one of those current season ticket holders only got the ticket this season? What if they weren't there through the relegation season? Or the Souness years? Pointless argument. If the guy wanted a ticket for a cup final, and got one, despite jacking in the season ticket, then deserving it doesn't come into it whatsoever.

Of course it does, according to some this is the thinnest of the thin of times, therefore someone who supports the team in the leanest of shitty times damn well does deserve a ticket, over someone not there, if there is a glimmer in the darkness.

I used to watch the Beckenbauer-esque Glen f***ing Keeley week in week out, does that make me deserve any potential cup final ticket, does it f***.

To not attend matches, because we are s***, but then go to a potential "glory" game, is the very definition of a glory hunter.

No it doesn't. Whether or not someone is 'deserving' of something is an emotional judgement by another person based on a belief system - in this case, the soopafan, toontastic ideology you and others on here adhere to. If the man has spent his money in the past, gained 'loyalty points' through attending matches and got a ticket, then whether you or other think he deserved to get there is completely irrelevant.

You and Cajun?

;)

Doesn't matter. Keep it in here rather than mocking people where they can't even see it. It's just awful form.

Done with this anyway, I wouldn't want to ruin my calm and collected persona by getting into a meaningless internet battle. I've made my opinion known, you obviously disagree and think it's fine to talk about people behind their backs.

I've not talked about anyone behind their back man.  I've had 2 days of up-front argument on here with people about the rights and wrongs of boycotting and crowing about it.  In the flow of a natural conversation about boycotting over on TT Toonpack mentioned NO and I agreed.  Very much like you agreed with Cajun after he slagged off Wolfy from TT.  you didn't pull him up on his bad form at all, and nor would I expect you to,

You're touchy if the very mention of a discussion anywhere else gets you worked up.  Glad we agree it's meaningless and should be dropped.

Guest alijmitchell

Has that person spent more money than you in the past and gained points through the clubs loyalty system? If yes, and he qualifies for a ticket, then he is entitled to get a ticket. Even if he did jack in the season ticket.

What if you've lived away from the area? Easy to have a ST if you live local? how is it fair if I haven't had one when it wouldn't have been possible anyway?

Basically hard luck, sure there's fans all around the world who follow us madly and would love to save up for a trip to Wembley but just have to accept unless you know people who might get you a ticket, you're unfortunately just going to have to watch on the TV. I know it sounds harsh but i think it's still the fairest way. Would have just as much sympathy for those who actually live in the area but can't afford to attend.

I've been to more than enough away games including Europe, and will go to a few every season without renewing my ST. Away games don't really line his pockets is my reasoning for this. I'd say I would deserve a ticket.

That's my opinion and its a pointless debate though..

You're touchy if the very mention of a discussion anywhere else gets you worked up.

Don't want to be told I'm a mug by the people that were happy to go 5 days ago.

is that happening? :lol:

"Match-going fans - deserving of blame?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: that's total rubbish imo. There is no hierarchy of fandom. I'd argue I care more about NUFC than some ST holders and I've never had one

Well for example, if i didn't get a ticket for the final then Kev who has thrown in the towel with the club gets one, I'd be more than p*ssed off :lol:

I believe if Kev remains a member he'll keep his 100+ points anyway.

What if you've lived away from the area? Easy to have a ST if you live local? how is it fair if I haven't had one when it wouldn't have been possible anyway?

Basically hard luck, sure there's fans all around the world who follow us madly and would love to save up for a trip to Wembley but just have to accept unless you know people who might get you a ticket, you're unfortunately just going to have to watch on the TV. I know it sounds harsh but i think it's still the fairest way. Would have just as much sympathy for those who actually live in the area but can't afford to attend.

Loyalty points count for nothing, the whole system is a joke. 

Every single away game people are trying to flog tickets via twitter etc, generally child tickets.  People running busses using other peoples tickets to get more punters on board even though the actual ticket owner doesn't go.

The amount of points you have is no representation of worthiness, i have 49 points and have attended 48 games and have cancelled my ticket for next year but someone who has 99 points having attended 23 games gets a ticket over me, is this person more "worthy" because they are a season ticket holder?

:lol:  you can't reduce support to any kind of value judgement though. I was going to games when I was 5, some people might have started later than me? that make me a better fan? I was at Villa away relegation season, I've followed us for 20plus years.  This mentality of ST stuff is totally wrong imo. Nothing makes you a better fan, its an abstract concept. 

I'm not sure who said better fan :lol:

I think the points system works well and is fair. If you've gained the points, in theory you'll get your ticket. If you've just been buying on the day or get away tickets through a friend or whatever, you're running the risk of losing out on a ticket.

If you give up your ST and just pick and choose which matches you attend, once again you'll be running the risk of missing out.

If you've gave up your ST because you are fed up and said you'll never return under this regime and watch us again, then you want a cup final ticket, you don't deserve one imo. If you stick by your word and miss it, respect to them, if you try and grab one, it's fickle and glory hunting  :lol:

I used to watch the Beckenbauer-esque Glen f***ing Keeley week in week out, does that make me deserve any potential cup final ticket, does it f***.

To not attend matches, because we are s***, but then go to a potential "glory" game, is the very definition of a glory hunter.

But that isn't what people are doing? It's not people saying "we're s*** I'm not going". People are trying to make a stand against an ownership that has denigrated the club and continues to do so. Can you not see the difference?

There is no difference, the ownership has supposedly created "the worst of times" due to which folks are giving up (as happens to many clubs all the time). There are, and will always be "worst of times" and those who go throughout those times are the "real" supporters, everyone else (and I include myself in this) is a fan.

I used to be one of those supporters in the REAL worst of times, when we really were unrelentingly shit, I go no longer, I actually stopped when we were actually pretty good (under SBR) for non regime/football related reasons. I am a fan, not a supporter and I deserve fuck all in terms of "experiencing" any glory that may happen along (although I suspect that won't happen anytime soon, irrespective of regime). I certainly won't be trying to get any future final ticket and that's solely on principle because I don't deserve one.

If you're stopping going to force change, but you enjoy the match-day experience/craic etc. you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, there likely won't be change, even if there is there's no guarantee of anything being better "on the pitch" which is what it's all supposed to be about I reckon.

I believe if Kev remains a member he'll keep his 100+ points anyway.

Yeah you should keep the points, i think the points system works well. Would still piss me off if i lost out to someone who had give up on the team though :lol: Wouldn't make it any less infuriating.

Guest reefatoon

Love the fact people are arguing over who deserves a cup final ticket more.

We've basically turned into RTG.

But they are actually going to Wembley.  We can't get past the friggin first rounds. Wembley has never felt so far away.

:lol:  you can't reduce support to any kind of value judgement though. I was going to games when I was 5, some people might have started later than me? that make me a better fan? I was at Villa away relegation season, I've followed us for 20plus years.  This mentality of ST stuff is totally wrong imo. Nothing makes you a better fan, its an abstract concept. 

I think the points system works well and is fair. If you've gained the points, in theory you'll get your ticket. If you've just been buying on the day or get away tickets through a friend or whatever, you're running the risk of losing out on a ticket.

If you give up your ST and just pick and choose which matches you attend, once again you'll be running the risk of missing out.

If you've gave up your ST because you are fed up and said you'll never return under this regime and watch us again, then you want a cup final ticket, you don't deserve one imo. If you stick by your word and miss it, respect to them, if you try and grab one, it's fickle and glory hunting  :lol:

I don't want to give Mike Ashley more of my money, and his regime for running the club is a joke. This means I will sacrifice home games (except for mates offering their tickets) and continue to attend some away games. How does that make me fickle and a glory hunter if I wanted a cup final ticket?

I've spent thousands throughout my life on NUFC, majority of it away from home including around Europe. I supported us in the Championship, so the term glory hunter couldn't be any further away from the truth IMO.

Guest reefatoon

I don't want to give Mike Ashley more of my money, and his regime for running the club is a joke. This means I will sacrifice home games (except for mates offering their tickets) and continue to attend some away games. How does that make me fickle and a glory hunter if I wanted a cup final ticket?

I've spent thousands throughout my life on NUFC, majority of it away from home including around Europe. I supported us in the Championship, so the term glory hunter couldn't be any further away from the truth IMO.

I wouldn't bother mate, it's like chasing the village idiot around the may pole, it just wears you out.