Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I respect the decision of anyone else that doesn't. 

In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

Respect, my arse. You are the very definition of a charlatan yourself.

If you fail to understand how people can be affected by a string of events leading to breaking/ tipping point, and think there are cancellations due solely to a derby defeat, there is no point debating with you no matter how eloquent you are.

I do understand the string of events argument perfectly.  A cumulative build up can very easily blow up off the back of a derby defeat.

Obviously no-one is cancelling JUST off the back of the derby....but if someone who (like me) has taken on the chin all the s*** that's happened over 7 years decides to quit not after any of that, but after a bad result, then I resent them proselytising to me that I've not got NUFC's best interests at heart.

I don't even know if anyone here has done that tbf.

I've been going for over 40 years, is it OK with you if I decide when to stop attending and why I stop? I would like to have your blessing, with you being such a good supporter.

According to HF all the fans giving up only go to 2 games a year.

http://i.imgur.com/eEXvzdQ.jpg

That's what the graphs say...

In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

If you fail to understand how people can be affected by a string of events leading to breaking/ tipping point, and think there are cancellations due solely to a derby defeat, there is no point debating with you no matter how eloquent you are.

I do understand the string of events argument perfectly.  A cumulative build up can very easily blow up off the back of a derby defeat.

Obviously no-one is cancelling JUST off the back of the derby....but if someone who (like me) has taken on the chin all the s*** that's happened over 7 years decides to quit not after any of that, but after a bad result, then I resent them proselytising to me that I've not got NUFC's best interests at heart.

I've been going for over 40 years, is it OK with you if I decide when to stop attending and why I stop? I would like to have your blessing, with you being such a good supporter.

er....yeah.  That's what I said in the post you quoted

???

:laugh:

According to you .

Also, this stuff about exactly WHEN you decide to cancel is unfair. No-one has the right to tell anyone else what their moral view is or should be.

Again, i must have been unclear.  I've got no issue with whenever anyone cancels and I'm still considering cancellation myself.

It's not the cancellations. It's the one third of people (according to a NO poll) who blame fans that still go.

you have proved nothing right though Brett.  Preseason was the usual shambles, nothing changed.  Though we are higher than I expected in the league, there is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing in the top 8. The football this season has not been better on the eye, we have huffed and puffed throughout and it's been s*** to watch, the difference is we have been lucky with injuries this season (something even you and your crystal ball couldn't have envisaged).  I said Pardew should get sacked, and I still stand by that, not that he will.  So you haven't been right on anything really.

I don't need to make you look an idiot Brett, you do a bang up job on your own.  I don't think we will jump in with a boat load of amazing signings in the summer, but if some miraculous reason we do, how will that make me look a clueless idiot?  No one is expecting us to all of a sudden change our s*** transfer strategy except you.  I would love us to sign players.  It's not that I am never happy, I am just realistic. There is nothing to be excited about with the current structure at the club. I just find your constant chirpy enthusiasm about anything and everything completely nauseating.

On a side note, I really hope you are right, more for the fact it will make you feel good about yourself, you look like you need that kind of reassurance.

My enthusiasm for saying we definitely wouldn't be in a relegation battle was also making you feel sick in the summer. The confidence to even beat that talk away as laughable didn’t sit right with you. I mentioned the relegationometer thread to be a farce and sure enough it turned out to be the case when it got scrapped or changed into something else once it became clear we were nowhere near that standard. Amount of people giving us only 30/20 percent chance of survival was staggering.

The football this season has been much improved and we've had some very good spells of football, some of the best we've seen in years. Once again you’re probably blinkered and will just say it's been crap. Our long balls were slowly decreasing back end of last season even though results were still awful. The friendlies in the summer then started to indicate a definite change in style of play and we've carried that on this season by playing some very good football at times. You couldn’t accept we were moving away from hoof ball under Pardew and still beat him with that stick yet it’s been used sparingly this season.

I'm still confident of top 8 even with the loss of Cabaye and a couple of hard fixtures upcoming. Then I do feel we will see incomings in the summer to help us replace those who we have lost. You’re not confident of top 8 and you can’t see players arriving in the summer, you say you’re a realist yet you struggle to see we are still better than the sides below us, and we won’t go into next season with 1 striker, so that already starts to doubt your apparent realistic prediction.

you have proved nothing right though Brett.  Preseason was the usual shambles, nothing changed.  Though we are higher than I expected in the league, there is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing in the top 8. The football this season has not been better on the eye, we have huffed and puffed throughout and it's been s*** to watch, the difference is we have been lucky with injuries this season (something even you and your crystal ball couldn't have envisaged).  I said Pardew should get sacked, and I still stand by that, not that he will.  So you haven't been right on anything really.

I don't need to make you look an idiot Brett, you do a bang up job on your own.  I don't think we will jump in with a boat load of amazing signings in the summer, but if some miraculous reason we do, how will that make me look a clueless idiot?  No one is expecting us to all of a sudden change our s*** transfer strategy except you.  I would love us to sign players.  It's not that I am never happy, I am just realistic. There is nothing to be excited about with the current structure at the club. I just find your constant chirpy enthusiasm about anything and everything completely nauseating.

On a side note, I really hope you are right, more for the fact it will make you feel good about yourself, you look like you need that kind of reassurance.

My enthusiasm for saying we definitely wouldn't be in a relegation battle was also making you feel sick in the summer. The confidence to even beat that talk away as laughable didn’t sit right with you. I mentioned the relegationometer thread to be a farce and sure enough it turned out to be the case when it got scrapped or changed into something else once it became clear we were nowhere near that standard. Amount of people giving us only 30/20 percent chance of survival was staggering.

The football this season has been much improved and we've had some very good spells of football, some of the best we've seen in years. Once again you’re probably blinkered and will just say it's been crap. Our long balls were slowly decreasing back end of last season even though results were still awful. The friendlies in the summer then started to indicate a definite change in style of play and we've carried that on this season by playing some very good football at times. You couldn’t accept we were moving away from hoof ball under Pardew and still beat him with that stick yet it’s been used sparingly this season.

I'm still confident of top 8 even with the loss of Cabaye and a couple of hard fixtures upcoming. Then I do feel we will see incomings in the summer to help us replace those who we have lost. You’re not confident of top 8 and you can’t see players arriving in the summer, you say you’re a realist yet you struggle to see we are still better than the sides below us, and we won’t go into next season with 1 striker, so that already starts to doubt your apparent realistic prediction.

What's so great about finishing 8th? Why are we waiting till the Summer to sign players?, have you just written off the rest of the season because our real ambition was to stay up? The height of our ambition is to stay in the league - and you've been brainwashed into thinking that is adequate.

Guest reefatoon

Staggering, it really is. 

What's so great about finishing 8th? Why are we waiting till the Summer to sign players?, have you just written off the rest of the season because our real ambition was to stay up? The height of our ambition is to stay in the league - and you've been brainwashed into thinking that is adequate.

Nothing is great about 8th. What is good however is the progress we made since our fall last season. We could have easily ended up amongst them teams down at the bottom this year as many predicted, which understandable given how bad last year was. However we have pushed on ahead of that group and got ourselves into a position where we can look at the summer to improve again on the 8th place.

Whether or not that investment will be big enough to take us any further ahead, i seriously doubt under this owner as i think this about the peak of it. Teams may falter and we grab a Europe spot but i don't see that happening anytime soon given the strong position the top 6 are in. As much as people hate Pardew, i don't see any other manager breaking us into the top 6 with the type of investment Ashley provides, i think this is the limit. I hate Ashley more than i hate anyone else on this planet so i'm not accepting 8th as some great achievement for the future. In regards to how bad last season was, i'm happy to accept it’s been progress in steadying the ship again and at least giving us the chance to challenge top 6 if Ashley is willing to do so with big summer investment.

some of the best we've seen in years.

Staggering, it really is. 

We have and if you look in some of the matchday threads this type of talk would be said. Man Utd away we were excellent, Villa away we were excellent, first half against West Ham/Cardiff, excellent performance against Chelsea, dominated at Palace. We've played some excellent stuff this year just not on a consistent basis but no doubt we've put in some great halves or team performances this season. Don't know how you can't accept that, been light years ahead of last season and even better football than the 5th season at times.

:laugh:

According to you .

What a stupid comment that was. I get the train.

Box office havent replied to me when I asked why they wouldnt release cancellation info. Maybe too busy dealing with all the cancellation requests  :shifty:

Send them one again saying "i am mike ashley can you tell me how many mugs arent renewing then you can bladdy fack awrf"

Box office havent replied to me when I asked why they wouldnt release cancellation info. Maybe too busy dealing with all the cancellation requests  :shifty:

Send them one again saying "i am mike ashley can you tell me how many mugs arent renewing then you can bladdy fack awrf"

'Many Thanks, Elliottman'

Honestly who the fuck goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a cunt, I'm going to call him a cunt to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

Guest Dontooner

Honestly who the f*** goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a c***, I'm going to call him a c*** to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

Serious critics have that habit apparently

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. Fuck all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

Reference 'if we got to a cup final' - yes I'd want a ticket. If anyone says I shouldn't deserve one or whatever for walking out on my ST then LOL.

Honestly who the fuck goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a cunt, I'm going to call him a cunt to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

You and Cajun?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91360.msg3928798.html#msg3928798

;)

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. f*** all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

Reference 'if we got to a cup final' - yes I'd want a ticket. If anyone says I shouldn't deserve one or whatever for walking out on my ST then LOL.

You wouldn't deserve, nor should get one, ahead of a current ST holder at the time though.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a bastard, yet if the bastard (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

That'd make you a glory hunter IMO.

Emailed them at the start of January asking when to cancel, they said after February's just cancel the DD. I done this, emailed them to inform them and asked if my season ticket was 100% valid for the rest of this season and how/when to buy a membership if it keeps loyalty points. f*** all back this time round. Ignorant c*nts.

You wouldn't deserve, nor should get one, ahead of a current ST holder at the time though.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a b******, yet if the b****** (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

Irrele... Oh you have a ST?

Important.

Guest alijmitchell

Honestly who the f*** goes to a separate forum to say smarmy things about people behind their back? Spineless pricks. If I'm gonna call neesy a c***, I'm going to call him a c*** to his face/on N-O, I'm not gonna skulk off to mumsnet and bitch about him over there.

You and Cajun?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91360.msg3928798.html#msg3928798

;)

Man, you're such a crapweasel

You and Cajun?

;)

At what point do I say anything about anyone on toontastic? I was agreeing with the general pet hate. If this is the best you could dig up, then I'm unimpressed to say the least. Spineless little rat.

Hypocritical in the extreme tbh You're stopping going because Ashley is a b******, yet if the b****** (who you despise) by some strange quirk of fate/fluke delivered the chance of "glory" you'd want back in.  :lol:

:thup:

You and Cajun?

;)

Man, you're such a crapweasel

Thanks.  I'd hate to be a good weasel like.

Guest alijmitchell

:thup:

Hold on, hold on! What if one of those current season ticket holders only got the ticket this season? What if they weren't there through the relegation season? Or the Souness years? Pointless argument. If the guy wanted a ticket for a cup final, and got one, despite jacking in the season ticket, then deserving it doesn't come into it whatsoever.