Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

So only 19.3 % will have a season ticket next year from 155 members. :notbad:

I see Bret's voted.  :lol:

Don't forget HF the Soopa Fan.

:lol:

I haven't been to an away game in 2 years.

I have to say "yes I am a mug for renewing!" or I'm a superfan for defending the decision against criticism?

f*** off.

Where did I say you are a mug for renewing? As for the superfan part,

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95067.msg4858782.html#msg4858782

Yes, get off your high horse and f*** off back to toontastic where you can continue making fun of this forum instead.

:clap:

HF has gone full on mental here like, he's the pure definition of a soopafan and is actively trying to ridicule those who take responsibility for their actions.

You are responsible for the direct and predictable consequences of you actions. Mike Ashley is much less likely to leave with a full stadium than with an empty one. You are a Mike Ashley enabler.

And by trying to convince others with your empty rhetoric to follow suit, you are more than a Mike Ashley enabler - you are now actively helping him.

Pretty sure HF said he wasn't renewing?

Don't get so het up, you might snap your crayons.  No, Shola won't be our number 1 striker as his contract up, Not once have I said he will either, so not sure what you are blithering on about there.  There is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing top 8 either. As for Mike Ashley skipping up the A1 with bags full of cash for us to go and buy loads of fabulous signings.  I just don't see it at all, but you keep fighting the fight young man.

Buy loads? I said 3 players, think we'll sign a striker or two, replace Cabaye and possibly a defender. Fancy us to sign a few and let a few go. Just think we'll bring decent standard of quality like De Jong/Gomis, Cabella/Grenier, them sort of targets. We are often linked with players heavily only for the move delayed, it takes longer from them to come in as Ashley waits for the right deal. Whether or not deals like the Debuchy one are in the best interests of the club or not is entirely down to opinion but Ashley is always going to look to save money and not dive straight into paying what the selling club want.

If you think Pardew will just be left with this current squad over the summer and nobody brought in because Ashley won’t come up the A1 with his bag of cash or whatever else, that’s your opinion. I personally just think no matter how much people including myself hate Ashley, he’s a lot wiser than people think and there’s no chance in hell he won’t get the cheque book out in the summer.

I have to say "yes I am a mug for renewing!" or I'm a superfan for defending the decision against criticism?

f*** off.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95067.msg4858782.html#msg4858782

Yes, get off your high horse and f*** off back to toontastic where you can continue making fun of this forum instead.

HF has gone full on mental here like, he's the pure definition of a soopafan and is actively trying to ridicule those who take responsibility for their actions.

You are responsible for the direct and predictable consequences of you actions. Mike Ashley is much less likely to leave with a full stadium than with an empty one. You are a Mike Ashley enabler.

And by trying to convince others with your empty rhetoric to follow suit, you are more than a Mike Ashley enabler - you are now actively helping him.

Sort of.

I said I might not.  Might buy 2 tickets though and take my nephew.  It'll still cost less.

I respect the decision of anyone else that doesn't. 

But Spudil goes around calling those that don't retarded, backward people.. then he calls me a soopafan when I defend myself for not having ccancelled as yet and he has the audacity to say I'm the one ridiculing people when I don't think I've used a single pejorative term like he has.

Perhaps if you pulled back the rhetoric a little Spudil, you wouldn't get such harsh reaction to the stick you direct at season ticket holders.

Guest reefatoon

Don't get so het up, you might snap your crayons.  No, Shola won't be our number 1 striker as his contract up, Not once have I said he will either, so not sure what you are blithering on about there.  There is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing top 8 either. As for Mike Ashley skipping up the A1 with bags full of cash for us to go and buy loads of fabulous signings.  I just don't see it at all, but you keep fighting the fight young man.

Buy loads? I said 3 players, think we'll sign a striker or two, replace Cabaye and possibly a defender. Fancy us to sign a few and let a few go. Just think we'll bring decent standard of quality like De Jong/Gomis, Cabella/Grenier, them sort of targets. We are often linked with players heavily only for the move delayed, it takes longer from them to come in as Ashley waits for the right deal. Whether or not deals like the Debuchy one are in the best interests of the club or not is entirely down to opinion but Ashley is always going to look to save money and not dive straight into paying what the selling club want.

If you think Pardew will just be left with this current squad over the summer and nobody brought in because Ashley won’t come up the A1 with his bag of cash or whatever else, that’s your opinion. I personally just think no matter how much people including myself hate Ashley, he’s a lot wiser than people think and there’s no chance in hell he won’t get the cheque book out in the summer.

I thought that last summer and look what happened.

f*** off.

But Spudil goes around calling those that don't retarded, backward people.. then he calls me a soopafan when I defend myself for not having ccancelled as yet and he has the audacity to say I'm the one ridiculing people when I don't think I've used a single pejorative term like he has.

Perhaps if you pulled back the rhetoric a little Spudil, you wouldn't get such harsh reaction to the stick you direct at season ticket holders.

You can barely make a single post without outright lying.  I never said what you accuse me of saying and you very clearly went way beyond defending yourself. 

And in the quoted post : "In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan." This from the guy who says "I respect the decision of anyone else that doesn't [renew]".

Come on, you're a joke at this stage. You cant make a single coherent, reasonable post.

Why though? He just spent a fair amount in the summer and brought deals forward? The summer he fucked up on was when we only signed Anita, that's where we should have really strengthened our position and he failed to do so. Last summer he had already bought the players he was looking to get in the summer and paid extra to get them early. He didn't need to pay extra this time around to get Gomis/Cabella or whoever, as far as he is concerned we are sitting comfortable in the league and those type of deals can wait till summer where it will be better financially. Don’t think no permanent signings last summer was a huge shock, was just disappointing we failed to get any from a fans perspective.

f*** off.

You can barely make a single post without outright lying.  I never said what you accuse me of saying and you very clearly went way beyond defending yourself. 

And in the post quoted post : "In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan."

Come on, you're a joke at this stage. You cant make a single coherent, reasonable post.

Which is akin to some sort of retarded old military romanticism like charging at machine guns.

it is a romantic, backwards, unproductive and Mike Ashley enabling viewpoint to hold.

Anyone lecturing on the principal of cancelling when they've only cancelled off the back of a derby defeat 7 years into Ashley's tenure is a charlatan.

I don't know you from Adam.  Don't know if you've been to a game or started your own boycott as soon as Keegan walked.  You might be a highly principled man.  The likes of Steve Wraith spouting shite in the last couple of days makes him a charlatan IYAM though.

Guest reefatoon

Why though? He just spent a fair amount in the summer and brought deals forward? The summer he f***ed up on was when we only signed Anita, that's where we should have really strengthened our position and he failed to do so. Last summer he had already bought the players he was looking to get in the summer and paid extra to get them early. He didn't need to pay extra this time around to get Gomis/Cabella or whoever, as far as he is concerned we are sitting comfortable in the league and those type of deals can wait till summer where it will be better financially. Don’t think no permanent signings last summer was a huge shock, was just disappointing we failed to get any from a fans perspective.

Good god brett, how naive are you to fall for that piss take of a comment from the club. I can't believe we blew our budget on Sissoko and Gouffran who we bought for peanuts in the January.  It's such a shit excuse for not buying players in the summer, that I am even surprised someone as gullible as you fell for it.

In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

Respect, my arse. You are the very definition of a charlatan yourself.

If you fail to understand how people can be affected by a string of events leading to breaking/ tipping point, and think there are cancellations due solely to a derby defeat, there is no point debating with you no matter how eloquent you are.

Good god brett, how naive are you to fall for that p*ss take of a comment from the club. I can't believe we blew our budget on Sissoko and Gouffran who we bought for peanuts in the January.  It's such a s*** excuse for not buying players in the summer, that I am even surprised someone as gullible as you fell for it.

We'll just leave it there then. You think we won't sign anyone, i do. I'll call back and prove you wrong again like i did at Xmas when you said Pardew would be gone by now and we would be in a relegation battle. Or during the friendlies you failed to spot Newcastle progressing as a passing side and not all hoof ball, yet you couldn't see us doing anything other than that during this season. Once again you were wrong on that account as we've played hoof ball sparingly this season as I told you we would. So my next prediction is we'll spend at least 15 million in the summer, if not more. New players will arrive and a few will be shipped on.

Re: HappyFace

Which is akin to some sort of retarded old military romanticism like charging at machine guns.

The full quote:

We will of course though see in this thread the vacuous argument that being a supporter means going to matches regardless of any circumstance and that it is even somehow admirable to actively enable those who take the p*ss out of you. Which is akin to some sort of retarded old military romanticism like charging at machine guns.

So I am ridiculing via an analogy a very specific viewpoint, not everyone who does not boycott. You accused me of

But Spudil goes around calling those that don't [boycott] retarded, backward people..

You are, as you so often do, deliberately twisting and misrepresenting arguments.

it is a romantic, backwards, unproductive and Mike Ashley enabling viewpoint to hold.

In this post I am also ridiculing the same very specific viewpoint quoted in this post and not simply people who choose not to boycott like you accuse me of.

Guest reefatoon

Good god brett, how naive are you to fall for that p*ss take of a comment from the club. I can't believe we blew our budget on Sissoko and Gouffran who we bought for peanuts in the January.  It's such a s*** excuse for not buying players in the summer, that I am even surprised someone as gullible as you fell for it.

We'll just leave it there then. You think we won't sign anyone, i do. I'll call back and prove you wrong again like i did at Xmas when you said Pardew would be gone by now and we would be in a relegation battle. Or during the friendlies you failed to spot Newcastle progressing as a passing side and not all hoof ball, yet you couldn't see us doing anything other than that during this season. Once again you were wrong on that account as we've played hoof ball sparingly this season as I told you we would. So my next prediction is we'll spend at least 15 million in the summer, if not more. New players will arrive and a few will be shipped on.

And there we go, proof we are dealing with a child. "prove you wrong" for fuck sake.  I hope if you do, you will be standing there with your thumbs at the side of your head and your tongue out.  Reading through these posts, you seem to be a bit of a mystic meg in your own mind.

In reality you're  throwing your toys out the pram and going in a huff.  There's no principal to it whatsoever and anyone making out otherwise is a charlatan.

If you fail to understand how people can be affected by a string of events leading to breaking/ tipping point, and think there are cancellations due solely to a derby defeat, there is no point debating with you no matter how eloquent you are.

I do understand the string of events argument perfectly.  A cumulative build up can very easily blow up off the back of a derby defeat.

Obviously no-one is cancelling JUST off the back of the derby....but if someone who (like me) has taken on the chin all the shit that's happened over 7 years decides to quit not after any of that, but after a bad result, then I resent them proselytising to me that I've not got NUFC's best interests at heart.

I don't even know if anyone here has done that tbf.

Re: HappyFace

The full quote:

We will of course though see in this thread the vacuous argument that being a supporter means going to matches regardless of any circumstance and that it is even somehow admirable to actively enable those who take the p*ss out of you. Which is akin to some sort of retarded old military romanticism like charging at machine guns.

So I am ridiculing via an analogy a very specific viewpoint, not everyone who does not boycott. You accused me of

But Spudil goes around calling those that don't [boycott] retarded, backward people..

So you are lying again.

In this post I am also ridiculing the same very specific viewpoint quoted in this post and not people who choose not to boycott like you accuse me of.

Fair do's.  We're on the same page than.

No-one thinks anyone should necessarily boycott.  And no-one thinks anyone should necessarily keep going.

Everyone agrees people just shouldn't spout off about doing one or the other as if they've got it all figured out and the other lot are lesser.

And there we go, proof we are dealing with a child. "prove you wrong" for f*** sake.  I hope if you do, you will be standing there with your thumbs at the side of your head and your tongue out.  Reading through these posts, you seem to be a bit of a mystic meg in your own mind.

Because you done this in the summer with the whole what do you know, you're just a child, happy dreams, top 8 my arse, we've got no chance, we are in a relegation battle, pardew will get sacked. All of this on and on, rolling out the negatives and little digs at me for my opinions yet i was the one who was right but was taking the flack in the summer.

Then you do it now when i say we will sign players, try and make me look an idiot because i believe we'll sign players in the summer. Right now, people will be reading probably agreeing with you. However months down the line when looking back and i was the one who was right about the situation, only you will look like the clueless idiot then. You'll be a happy one though because we'll have some signings to cheer for. I’d say similar to now but we are top 8 and not in your relegation battle and you still aren’t happy. You might find something else to moan about in the summer even if we do spend my predicted 15 million plus.

And there we go, proof we are dealing with a child. "prove you wrong" for f*** sake.  I hope if you do, you will be standing there with your thumbs at the side of your head and your tongue out.  Reading through these posts, you seem to be a bit of a mystic meg in your own mind.

Because you done this in the summer with the whole what do you know, you're just a child, happy dreams, top 8 my arse, we've got no chance, we are in a relegation battle, pardew will get sacked. All of this on and on, rolling out the negatives and little digs at me for my opinions yet i was the one who was right but was taking the flack in the summer.

Then you do it now when i say we will sign players, try and make me look an idiot because i believe we'll sign players in the summer. Right now, people will be reading probably agreeing with you. However months down the line when looking back and i was the one who was right about the situation, only you will look like the clueless idiot then. You'll be a happy one though because we'll have some signings to cheer for. I’d say similar to now but we are top 8 and not in your relegation battle and you still aren’t happy. You might find something else to moan about in the summer even if we do spend my predicted 15 million plus.

We sign nobody in January 2014 but you accept it because "we'll keep our war chest for the Summer". How can we ever improve if people have this attitude? You accept last months transfer window because "We were safe". You've been brainwashed.

You think 8th place is great because of the way you've been brainwashed by the club. 8th place is nothing to aspire to, it's mediocre, average, ordinary, middle of the fucking road.

This isn't Summer 2014, this isn't pretend bids or potential signings. This is the here and now.

Guest reefatoon

you have proved nothing right though Brett.  Preseason was the usual shambles, nothing changed.  Though we are higher than I expected in the league, there is absolutely no guarantee of us finishing in the top 8. The football this season has not been better on the eye, we have huffed and puffed throughout and it's been shit to watch, the difference is we have been lucky with injuries this season (something even you and your crystal ball couldn't have envisaged).  I said Pardew should get sacked, and I still stand by that, not that he will.  So you haven't been right on anything really.

I don't need to make you look an idiot Brett, you do a bang up job on your own.  I don't think we will jump in with a boat load of amazing signings in the summer, but if some miraculous reason we do, how will that make me look a clueless idiot?  No one is expecting us to all of a sudden change our shit transfer strategy except you.  I would love us to sign players.  It's not that I am never happy, I am just realistic. There is nothing to be excited about with the current structure at the club. I just find your constant chirpy enthusiasm about anything and everything completely nauseating.

On a side note, I really hope you are right, more for the fact it will make you feel good about yourself, you look like you need that kind of reassurance.

It would be very amusing to revisit this thread in 12 months to see how many of the 39 evacuee's would scrabbling for a cup final ticket if we by some miracle "pulled a mackems".

None I'm sure  :lol:

I gave up my season ticket 4 year ago, I've been to about 2 home games since through free tickets. I have the opportunity to use my Dads ticket on most weekends - including last week against Sunderland. I wasn't tempted one bit.

I get to as many aways as possible. By attending away games only I feel like I'm not lining his pockets (ticket receipts go to the home side).

Don't give it the big licks about how fickle fans would look. If we got to a final I'd probably get my hands on a ticket - but that doesn't mean I'm less a fan than someone who kept their season ticket going. The day MA leaves this club is the day I'll ring up to order a season ticket.

It would be very amusing to revisit this thread in 12 months to see how many of the 39 evacuee's would scrabbling for a cup final ticket if we by some miracle "pulled a mackems".

None I'm sure  :lol:

Coming from you, thicko.

http://i.imgur.com/eEXvzdQ.jpg

ST martyrs of NO. Only those holding a ticket are important or drown in your sea of irrelevance.

I do understand the string of events argument perfectly.  A cumulative build up can very easily blow up off the back of a derby defeat.

Obviously no-one is cancelling JUST off the back of the derby....but if someone who (like me) has taken on the chin all the s*** that's happened over 7 years decides to quit not after any of that, but after a bad result, then I resent them proselytising to me that I've not got NUFC's best interests at heart.

I've been going for over 40 years, is it OK with you if I decide when to stop attending and why I stop? I would like to have your blessing, with you being such a good supporter.

Guest neesy111

Obviously no-one is cancelling JUST off the back of the derby....but if someone who (like me) has taken on the chin all the s*** that's happened over 7 years decides to quit not after any of that, but after a bad result, then I resent them proselytising to me that I've not got NUFC's best interests at heart.

I've been going for over 40 years, is it OK with you if I decide when to stop attending and why I stop? I would like to have your blessing, with you being such a good supporter.

According to HF all the fans giving up only go to 2 games a year.

http://i.imgur.com/eEXvzdQ.jpg

There's really no need for the in fighting, like. I'm as keen for everyone to stop money going into the club as anyone, but I'm not going to start telling people it's what they SHOULD be doing.

Likewise people shouldn't be ridiculed for thinking that stopping money going into the club is our only hope of causing change. After all, what else have we got?

Also, this stuff about exactly WHEN you decide to cancel is unfair. No-one has the right to tell anyone else what their moral view is or should be.