Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest WashyGeordie

"Yet my authority was based on a deadline cancellation date of 28th Feb when I signed up. And even quoting your own T&Cs the club have not notified me on any change to this date as stated in my previous reply whether it be letter or email. To not let the consumer know of any changes surely breaches the said T&Cs."

My reply so far :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/newcastle-united-fans-wanting-cancel-4751388

The club has informed supporters who buy tickets on the 10-year deal that they can only leave half-way through the 2013-2014 season.

Fan Tom Ireland, 69, of South Shields, South Tyneside wanted to stop supporting the team, but club bosses said he must wait.

Tom, who has supported United since he was a boy of 13, said: “I tried to cancel and get a refund on next season’s ticket, but I was told it was not allowed. I rang them up and said I was not happy with some of Joe Kinnear’s comments.

“I have supported them since the 1950s when Bob Stokoe was a player and I can name entire squads from that era. But I have had enough, I did not sign up for all of this.”

Tom is three years into a 10-year deal where he pays the same amount each year for a season ticket.

Club bosses were sympathetic but said there was little they could do.

Supporter liaison manager Lee Marshall said: “When the season ticket is initially applied for, supporters and the club agree to a set of terms and conditions which stipulates a date ahead of each season by which the ticket holder can request to cancel.

“Given that Mr Ireland purchased a 10-year season ticket, it is highly likely that his cancellation deadline is in February ahead of each season so I asked him to check in his terms and conditions in order to be sure.

“This date is likely to be in January for those with nine-year season tickets and, again, I would encourage season ticket holders to refer to their terms and conditions.

“We are unable to cancel Mr Ireland’s season ticket for the 2013/14 season and I informed him that payments he has made towards the ticket are non- refundable.”

I dont have a lot time for Wraith but I agreed with pretty much everything he said. His comment about being told not to criticize Ashley was interesting yet hardly surprising.

Glad I wasnt the only one picking up on Emerson rushing him off when he started talking the KK Court case. 

Mary said in the JFK thread that less than 100 have cancelled. That just cant. There's 35 in this thread. So less than 65 other people out of xx amount of season ticket holders have cancelled despite everything thats happened? Bulllshit.

Guest WashyGeordie

Mary said in the JFK thread that less than 100 have cancelled. That just cant. There's 35 in this thread. So less than 65 other people out of xx amount of season ticket holders have cancelled despite everything thats happened? Bulllshit.

Until the box office try to take the money... different story I bet!

wasn't sure where to put this but if anyone has questions about cancelling season tickets then they may want to go to this ....

The next #fansutd meeting is Tues 18/02 - be great to see some new faces there. http://eepurl.com/NHZBf  #nufc #oneUnited

these meetings are normally attended by someone from the club, wendy taylor or Lee Marshall, or even both and would think they would answer any questions

Sorry that is just no way true or people on this board are talking shit and my family, friends and associates are talking shit also

wasn't sure where to put this but if anyone has questions about cancelling season tickets then they may want to go to this ....

The next #fansutd meeting is Tues 18/02 - be great to see some new faces there. http://eepurl.com/NHZBf  #nufc #oneUnited

these meetings are normally attended by someone from the club, wendy taylor or Lee Marshall, or even both and would think they would answer any questions

Do you really think representatives at the club will tell truths about the numbers - no chance

Sorry that is just no way true or people on this board are talking s*** and my family, friends and associates are talking s*** also

Aye it's total bollocks.

I might have found a way out which I'll try tomorrow, to be a season ticket holder you must be a member, I can't see anything in the terms and conditions that states that you can't cancel your membership at any time so I'm going to inform the club that I'm cancelling that from 30th June.

I might have found a way out which I'll try tomorrow, to be a season ticket holder you must be a member, I can't see anything in the terms and conditions that states that you can't cancel your membership at any time so I'm going to inform the club that I'm cancelling that from 30th June.

:lol: Like a dog with a bone.

#

Perhaps some of the 35 have just said they have when they don't even have a Season Ticket, to try and boost the perception of it being a popular choice.

I personally know a couple of dozen lads that go, not forum avatars, but people to drink with, and not one of them has cancelled.

Fingers crossed the numbers keep rising and it has the desired effect though  :)

So only 19.3 % will have a season ticket next year from 155 members. :notbad:

Not sure the the 97 (almost two thirds) of posters that don't currently have a season ticket will have an effect?

Taking the numbers at face value you have 57% of 68 posters not renewing.  43% will renew.

Relatively even split for such an angry forum where "apologists" are much maligned.

#

Perhaps some of the 35 have just said they have when they don't even have a Season Ticket, to try and boost the perception of it being a popular choice.

I personally know a couple of dozen lads that go, not forum avatars, but people to drink with, and not one of them has cancelled.

Fingers crossed the numbers keep rising and it has the desired effect though  :)

Even if that was the case, 100 still doesnt make sense. Everyone I speak to knows someone who had jacked it in. Two lads I go with have chucked it last week (possibly three) and myself.

I see Bret's voted.  :lol:

Don't forget HF the Soopa Fan.

:lol:

I haven't been to an away game in 2 years.

I have to say "yes I am a mug for renewing!" or I'm a superfan for defending the decision against criticism?

Fuck off.

#

Even if that was the case, 100 still doesnt make sense. Everyone I speak to knows someone who had jacked it in. Two lads I go with have chucked it last week (possibly three) and myself.

The 100 probably related to cancellations received in time for the cancellation date.  I don't doubt they've had more in the couple of days after, and then even more in the last 24 hours as people felt comfortable making the decision in bigger numbers.

I see Bret's voted.  :lol:

Don't forget HF the Soopa Fan.

:lol:

I haven't been to an away game in 2 years.

I have to say "yes I am a mug for renewing!" or I'm a superfan for defending the decision against criticism?

f*** off.

Where did I say you are a mug for renewing? As for the superfan part,

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,95067.msg4858782.html#msg4858782

Yes, get off your high horse and fuck off back to toontastic where you can continue making fun of this forum instead.