Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Not a big fan of Wraith but I agree with this:

I don't think I have ever felt as low as a supporter of Newcastle United as I do now. I'm not this low because of the gutless display on Saturday against our local rivals or because of the sale of Cabaye our prize asset in the January transfer window. I'm so despondent because since Mike Ashley arrived 7 years ago he has systematically knocked the collective stuffing out of us all over and over again and it doesn't look like he's finished yet. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've tried to look at some of his decision making objectively but I'm afraid I can only come to one conclusion. He bought our club to help make Sports Direct a global brand, nothing more nothing less. The football club, the fans, the staff, the region mean nothing to him. All he cares about is the bottom line and profit margins and how many trainers and tennis rackets have been sold in his tatty shops.

I have attended games since 1984. I managed to persuade my Dad to come back with me in 1989. He had walked away from the club we love when another owner had sold the crown jewels 'Supermac'. My younger brother was next when I took him onto the old Gallowgate terraces to experience warm trouser legs at half-time and being slammed against the metal fence when Mickey Quinn banged a goal in against Port Vale in the 90's. We have experienced the highs and lows together as a family unit since 1992 in the paddocks and then the New Gallowgate End. That all now looks as if it may come to an end. Why? Because of Mike Ashley and what he has done to our club. Some may say its melodramatic. Some may say we have seen worse times. On the pitch we certainly have, but off the pitch I genuinely believe that this regime has reached new depths with their lies and deceit. When the renewal form drops through the Wraiths letter box I'm not convinced they will be going back in this time. Some will say that means your not a 'real fan', whatever one of those is? I'd say it makes you a realistic fan. What does paying for this torment really give you these days? A guaranteed Cup Final ticket if you get to Wembley. Fat chance of that. A guaranteed ticket for the big away games? Only if you have the loyalty points. As for the home games, gone are the days of thousands on the waiting list, so you can usually pick up a ticket on the day. So looking at it like that paying in excess of £500 of my hard earned cash in advance to Mike Ashley this Spring is stupidity.

The ‪#‎Time4Change‬ movement is admirable. Graeme Cansdale deserves the freedom of the city for trying to unite our divided support. I for one am willing to swallow my pride and sit down with all of the other fanzines, fans groups, and movers and shakers to work together for the better of our club. Liverpool fans have given us the blueprint with their excellent fans movement 'The Spirit Of Shankly.' We should all put our petty differences to one side, leave our egos at the door and come together not just to oust this poisonous regime but to try and attract potential new owners by showing them that our fans want to work with the club not against it. We just want to have a club to be proud of again and one that we can relate to.

The lack of investment in the playing squad, the stadium name change fiasco,the treatment of club legends Keegan and Shearer, the Wonga sponsorship deal,displacement of supporters for having an opinion,banning of NCJ Media, the reappearance of Joe Kinnear, the sale of star players, the banning of the NUST from the forum, the list really is endless. Seeing supporters angered enough to invade the pitch and throw season tickets at Pardew hasn't been seen since the days of Jim Smith in the late eighties. Patience is wearing thin and the natives are getting restless. Ashley has had more than one chance over the last few years to sell the club but hasn't. It looks like he is here for a little while longer. It's time to hit the man where it hurts him the most, in his pocket. When the season ticket renewals come through don't renew. That doesn't mean stop supporting the team. You can pay match per match. Just don't give him the money upfront. It's the only language people like him understand. Ashley out. It's time for change.

It'll never come down to consumer law anyway, because they won't pursue you.

On balance of all probabilities, no - but they'll fuck up your credit rating.

I cancelled on 22nd June and it didn't show on mine. Just checked my emails.

I'm pretty sure there is no credit agreement embedded in there, so it wouldn't have any impact unless you were subject to a court order of some kind.

The early renewal long-term ticket scheme was the day it all started to go wrong. Why would you need to lock people in structurally and financially unless it was to counteract a desire to bin their ticket?

Not a big fan of Wraith but I agree with this:

I don't think I have ever felt as low as a supporter of Newcastle United as I do now. I'm not this low because of the gutless display on Saturday against our local rivals or because of the sale of Cabaye our prize asset in the January transfer window. I'm so despondent because since Mike Ashley arrived 7 years ago he has systematically knocked the collective stuffing out of us all over and over again and it doesn't look like he's finished yet. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've tried to look at some of his decision making objectively but I'm afraid I can only come to one conclusion. He bought our club to help make Sports Direct a global brand, nothing more nothing less. The football club, the fans, the staff, the region mean nothing to him. All he cares about is the bottom line and profit margins and how many trainers and tennis rackets have been sold in his tatty shops.

I have attended games since 1984. I managed to persuade my Dad to come back with me in 1989. He had walked away from the club we love when another owner had sold the crown jewels 'Supermac'. My younger brother was next when I took him onto the old Gallowgate terraces to experience warm trouser legs at half-time and being slammed against the metal fence when Mickey Quinn banged a goal in against Port Vale in the 90's. We have experienced the highs and lows together as a family unit since 1992 in the paddocks and then the New Gallowgate End. That all now looks as if it may come to an end. Why? Because of Mike Ashley and what he has done to our club. Some may say its melodramatic. Some may say we have seen worse times. On the pitch we certainly have, but off the pitch I genuinely believe that this regime has reached new depths with their lies and deceit. When the renewal form drops through the Wraiths letter box I'm not convinced they will be going back in this time. Some will say that means your not a 'real fan', whatever one of those is? I'd say it makes you a realistic fan. What does paying for this torment really give you these days? A guaranteed Cup Final ticket if you get to Wembley. Fat chance of that. A guaranteed ticket for the big away games? Only if you have the loyalty points. As for the home games, gone are the days of thousands on the waiting list, so you can usually pick up a ticket on the day. So looking at it like that paying in excess of £500 of my hard earned cash in advance to Mike Ashley this Spring is stupidity.

The ‪#‎Time4Change‬ movement is admirable. Graeme Cansdale deserves the freedom of the city for trying to unite our divided support. I for one am willing to swallow my pride and sit down with all of the other fanzines, fans groups, and movers and shakers to work together for the better of our club. Liverpool fans have given us the blueprint with their excellent fans movement 'The Spirit Of Shankly.' We should all put our petty differences to one side, leave our egos at the door and come together not just to oust this poisonous regime but to try and attract potential new owners by showing them that our fans want to work with the club not against it. We just want to have a club to be proud of again and one that we can relate to.

The lack of investment in the playing squad, the stadium name change fiasco,the treatment of club legends Keegan and Shearer, the Wonga sponsorship deal,displacement of supporters for having an opinion,banning of NCJ Media, the reappearance of Joe Kinnear, the sale of star players, the banning of the NUST from the forum, the list really is endless. Seeing supporters angered enough to invade the pitch and throw season tickets at Pardew hasn't been seen since the days of Jim Smith in the late eighties. Patience is wearing thin and the natives are getting restless. Ashley has had more than one chance over the last few years to sell the club but hasn't. It looks like he is here for a little while longer. It's time to hit the man where it hurts him the most, in his pocket. When the season ticket renewals come through don't renew. That doesn't mean stop supporting the team. You can pay match per match. Just don't give him the money upfront. It's the only language people like him understand. Ashley out. It's time for change.

Some very good points in that piece, its not just one or two things Ashley has done wrong, its absolutely loads

Aye some good points, but he doesn't seem to appreciate that fans stuck on a 10 year season ticket can't now cancel their ST come renewal time. Opportunity has been and gone and those of us who tried to cancel after 31st January have been served up with an email from the club that amounts to them saying "suck it, bitch".

Just rang the Box Office to confirm a few things re cancelling using DD. The deadline was indeed the 31st January but when I asked how I would go about cancelling for next season, conversation went as follows:

"it's against the terms and conditions but if you cancel your DD mandate at the bank there's nothing we can do about that."

"So will I still be able to attend the rest of the games this season or will my card become inactive?"

"You've paid for the season so that's fine."

"Do I need to send you an email to confirm it?"

"No."

"So I just cancel the DD and that's it?"

"Yes".

Just rang the Box Office to confirm a few things re cancelling using DD. The deadline was indeed the 31st January but when I asked how I would go about cancelling for next season, conversation went as follows:

"it's against the terms and conditions but if you cancel your DD mandate at the bank there's nothing we can do about that."

"So will I still be able to attend the rest of the games this season or will my card become inactive?"

"You've paid for the season so that's fine."

"Do I need to send you an email to confirm it?"

"No."

"So I just cancel the DD and that's it?"

"Yes".

This is midds earlier:

1380548_690223334345319_1298299133_n.jpg

Cheers bud :thup:

Guest WashyGeordie

I've just got a similar reply pointing to the smallprint of cancelling before 31st Jan and that I authorised auto-renewal. Yet they fail to mention that they haven't notified about a change at all so surely that makes it invalid as my authority was for a cancellation date of 28th Feb? I'd go through the t&c but I'm at work atm. Hopefully theres a way round it as I definitely don't want to renew...

Me -

Thanks for your response.

Where can I obtain the figures for the amount of season ticket cancellations for next season?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there,

That’s not something we have ever made public.

Kind regards,

Jan

Worth a try  :lol:

Why would you need to lock people in structurally and financially unless it was to counteract a desire to bin their ticket?

Just so that you are better able to predict and guarantee income. Obviously you want people to buy a ticket rather than not, but that's kind of the function of the club anyway.

Wraith on Radio Newcastle. Saying this himself, his dad and his brother aren't renewing their season tickets. Picked up on my 'North Korea' comment, which I said on the wireless yesterday morning. Says he's been warned about not criticising the regime on certain media outlets (I would assume Sky)

Moi; 2hrs 22 mins in, yesterday;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01q02lb/Alfie_and_Charlie_at_Breakfast_03_02_2014/

TS just pulled him when he mentioned about the club 'lying in court' over Keegan. It's Martin the mackem hosting again tonight. :D

Wraith on Radio Newcastle. Saying this himself, his dad and his brother aren't renewing their season tickets. Picked up on my 'North Korea' comment, which I said on the wireless yesterday morning. Says he's been warned about not criticising the regime on certain media outlets (I would assume Sky)

Moi; 2hrs 22 mins in, yesterday;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01q02lb/Alfie_and_Charlie_at_Breakfast_03_02_2014/

TS just pulled him when he mentioned about the club 'lying in court' over Keegan. It's Martin the mackem hosting again tonight. :D

quickly go to the travel- err weather- anything!!!1  :lol:

surprised he got so long a run at it there tbh, well said him.