Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Roger Kint

Can only dream of seeing the likes on Supermac as a young lad, i think i saw 5 or 6 games in the late 80's til my first Newcastle goal and that was in Kenny Whartons testimonial :lol:

:lol:  I used to play football with Kenny Wharton.

I always feel bad cos he played at a time when i always remember us being thoroughly shite :lol:

Can only dream of seeing the likes on Supermac as a young lad, i think i saw 5 or 6 games in the late 80's til my first Newcastle goal and that was in Kenny Whartons testimonial :lol:

I always feel bad cos he played at a time when i always remember us being thoroughly s**** :lol:

His piss take against Luton was good though.

I always feel bad cos he played at a time when i always remember us being thoroughly s**** :lol:

His p*ss take against Luton was good though.

I was at that game... Gazza juggling the ball also... Think it's on YT somewhere...

To all of you who have cancelled, well done - if its any consolation, its the ONLY action you can take to even begin to get rid of this awful regime. As I have said before, quite a number of us attached to the Magpie Group did the same thing in the late 80s in order to force McKeag out and because John Hall had such a large share-holding but wouldn't put any money into the club until he got control, the club got into a financial mess and then McKeag had to go or the club would have gone under - hence the rescue by SJH.

I am not saying it will be as easy this time because it won't - Ashley is in another league financially when compared to McKeag or even SJH and it will take financial losses or an even richer person to force him out. He is only interested in taking your money and giving as little as possible back on the field....the only reason we got signings last year was because his policies had got us landed with a lousy manager(shown up totally by Poyet yesterday)and too many second-rate players whilst selling decent ones, and we were in danger of relegation which we missed by the skin of our teeth on the last day.

All of the club's problems have been brought on us by Ashley himself - he went behind KK's back by recruiting Wise and his two Spanish stooges and then proceeded to sell a player Keegan wanted to keep whilst pretending that Sebastian Schweinsteiger was going to be joining the club(at least this is what KK was told but he contacted the player's agent and found out this was totally false...allegedly..!). Keegan then walked out - justifiably, a verdict backed by the Tribunal who heard his constructive dismissal case - and Ashley had to cough up compensation. The fans were rightfully furious at the treatment of one of the club's legends and protested that they wanted Ashley out. Instead of admitting he had made a mistake, he set out to alienate the fans and anyone else who disagreed with him and that vendetta continues today. He has appointed and retained the 'services' of a manager who is patently out of his depth at a club of NUFC's potential and other smaller clubs have got rid of him exactly for that reason too - he has succeeded in breaking record after record from the club's past ; the only trouble is that the 'records' concerned are not ones we should be proud of ...Biggest home defeat in over 80 years last season, 9 goals conceded without reply in two home games last season, 3 of them to our Derby rivals(I won't pay them the compliment of calling them our 'biggest' rivals, because they are not big enough for that - yet..!), a spectacular achievement bettered yesterday by supervising our 3rd Derby defeat in a row, another record which hasn't happened since 1924...great stuff, isn't it ? And this all because he is Ashley's stooge and a yes-man who knows he wouldn't get a decent job anywhere else or he would follow KK's example and walk out because of lack of support from the other clown who Ashley appointed after his 'Fantastic record' with the Crazy Gang...just the pedigree you need to manage or run NUFC - NOT.

Our lack of investment is there for all to see with the latest PL club spending chart - BOTTOM, with a net INCOME from transfers of 45m...nothing else needs to be said. The people in charge of finance at the club have clearly stated that winning trophies is not a club aim and just finishing in a 'mediocre' PL postion is enough because it guarantees the owner a large wedge of SKY cash and free advertising for his tatty sports outfit.

Sorry this has gone on but it helps to remind yourselves just WHY you have made the sacrifice and stopped giving him ST money...there is no reason why you can't go to the occasional game if it suits YOU, but then sometimes you need to see an ex-partner to know why you left them in the first place..!

Ashley will be gone one day but it may not be very quickly...in the meantime we will be forced to endure more days like yesterday and the transfer which preceded it this week - that much is certain.

When it happens, you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you didn't contribute to the whole mess and that others will undoubtedly follow in due course. The next 2 games could be more of the same and the season is now a write-off so once again, well done....you've made the first step to getting change at the club.

My bulk payment to cover 3 years meant i paid about £480 a season.  If I stay in the same seat it's going to cost me at least £602 this years price) unless I get another loyalty offer from them.  So that'll be a minimum 25% hike to watch a club who haven't bought a player in 18 months.

Other option is to take my nephew and get us both a seat in the family section for about £480.  No hike, but means embracing middle age.

Decisions.

Take Ben with you, you old bollocks ;)

I couldn't put the lad through that Shite ;)

I wish I could follow what some of you guys have done but I can't. It's a drug and I'm hooked, there's noubt better than being in the stadium watching newcastle win, sitting at home or in the pub watching the same just doesn't have the same buzz if you like.

As for Ashley, I simply don't think enough fans will leave. Too many are daft like myself and will keep going, at worst I can see there still being 45k fans there next season. Those numbers will increase again if the team goes on a good run and again we'll have a stadium with 52k in it after a decent run and a good offer on half season tickets.

I love the premiss of everyone jacking it in and forcing his hand but as a set of fans we're crap at organising anything. Protests are met by the mad folk who claim it has a detrimental effect of player performances (it doesn't). We couldn't get everyone to walk out at a certain time as was planned a little while back because the team we're playing well on the pitch and to that point people are still trying to organise for fans to stop outside the ground during a TV game but people won't do it claiming I've already paid my cash so it won't make a difference even though they know deep down it will as the focus on the fans discontent would be there for all to see.

So if we can't organise minor events like these which effect fans for one match, there isn't a hope in hell of organising for people not to buy season tickets therefore we get stuck in a loop.

Yes we're getting shafted by Ashley and co but frankly I'm waiting for my next fix against Spurs already.

Guest Bert Shaft

I wish I could follow what some of you guys have done but I can't. It's a drug and I'm hooked, there's noubt better than being in the stadium watching newcastle win, sitting at home or in the pub watching the same just doesn't have the same buzz if you like.

As for Ashley, I simply don't think enough fans will leave. Too many are daft like myself and will keep going, at worst I can see there still being 45k fans there next season. Those numbers will increase again if the team goes on a good run and again we'll have a stadium with 52k in it after a decent run and a good offer on half season tickets.

I love the premiss of everyone jacking it in and forcing his hand but as a set of fans we're crap at organising anything. Protests are met by the mad folk who claim it has a detrimental effect of player performances (it doesn't). We couldn't get everyone to walk out at a certain time as was planned a little while back because the team we're playing well on the pitch and to that point people are still trying to organise for fans to stop outside the ground during a TV game but people won't do it claiming I've already paid my cash so it won't make a difference even though they know deep down it will as the focus on the fans discontent would be there for all to see.

So if we can't organise minor events like these which effect fans for one match, there isn't a hope in hell of organising for people not to buy season tickets therefore we get stuck in a loop.

Yes we're getting shafted by Ashley and co but frankly I'm waiting for my next fix against Spurs already.

"This drug" you need your fix of, what exactly is it that you are frightened of missing if you stayed away from games.

Are you scared you will miss them finishing the top 4, ain' t gonna happen.

What about a Europa league place finish, well, even if they qualify for it which they have already stated that they don't want to, NUFC will only field a team of reserves in it and won't be bothered when they get knocked out.

Why would we expect to go on a decent FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup run after you know who has already stated that "winning a cup is not a priority". This has been borne out by the pathetic team selection against Cardiff a few weeks ago and against Brighton  over the past couple of seasons.

Supporting Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United is Basically  a waste of time and money, only some fans refuse to see it.

"This drug" you need your fix of, what exactly is it that you are frightened of missing if you stayed away from games.

What about a Europa league place finish, well, even if they qualify for it which they have already stated that they don't want to, NUFC will only field a team of reserves in it and won't be bothered when they get knocked out.

Why would we expect to go on a decent FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup run after you know who has already stated that "winning a cup is not a priority". This has been borne out by the pathetic team selection against Cardiff a few weeks ago and against Brighton  over the past couple of seasons.

Supporting Mike Ashley's Sports Direct United is Basically  a waste of time and money, only some fans refuse to see it.

:thup:

Say we go and beat Spurs, so what? Means nothing. I've had to quit because there's not even hope anymore. They've beat me.

It's not about winning anything or qualifying for anything, if it was I'd be a Man U supporter and not have supported Newcastle all these years. Newcastle were in a rotten position with a rotten chairman when I first went to see a game. Like I said the enjoyment is still in being at the game, not all games are like yesterday. We may not play great football but I still enjoy being their and would rather be in the stadium than watching it on some crappy internet stream or in the pub or worst of all not watching the games at all and being stuck shopping or whatever.

I emailed the club the other week and they said I have one more payment (February) then to just cancel the direct debit. That covers my back if they try to take action over me cancelling the direct debit via the bank and not them doing it.

Anyone got a example of their cancellation email, or should i just run with "Cancel my season ticket you bitch"

I said:

Good afternoon,

I would like to cancel my direct debit as I will not be renewing for the 2014/15 season. My details are as follows:

Name: Kevin Watson

Supporter number: 1028280

What happens now? Will any more payments come out of my bank account since I have paid earlier this month.

Regards,

Kevin Watson

Didn't want to sound like a twat with them since its a normal working lad/lass reading it who are probably fans themselves.

Anyone got a example of their cancellation email, or should i just run with "Cancel my season ticket you bitch"

I said:

Good afternoon,

I would like to cancel my direct debit as I will not be renewing for the 2014/15 season. My details are as follows:

Name: Kevin Watson

Supporter number: 1028280

What happens now? Will any more payments come out of my bank account since I have paid earlier this month.

Regards,

Kevin Watson

Didn't want to sound like a twat with them since its a normal working lad/lass reading it who are probably fans themselves.

Cheers

I'm still torn about what to do, I love the club and still look forward to every game. But I don't like getting the piss pulled out of me and these three muppets have gone too far this time in my opinion.

Money is Ashley's only thought and he bases every decision he makes at the club around it. I still have a feeling that he will sell up this summer and that crazy thought is the only reason I have not stopped my direct debt. I have decided to give it a week and make my mind up either way by friday.

To all of you who have cancelled, well done - if its any consolation, its the ONLY action you can take to even begin to get rid of this awful regime. As I have said before, quite a number of us attached to the Magpie Group did the same thing in the late 80s in order to force McKeag out and because John Hall had such a large share-holding but wouldn't put any money into the club until he got control, the club got into a financial mess and then McKeag had to go or the club would have gone under - hence the rescue by SJH.

I am not saying it will be as easy this time because it won't - Ashley is in another league financially when compared to McKeag or even SJH and it will take financial losses or an even richer person to force him out. He is only interested in taking your money and giving as little as possible back on the field....the only reason we got signings last year was because his policies had got us landed with a lousy manager(shown up totally by Poyet yesterday)and too many second-rate players whilst selling decent ones, and we were in danger of relegation which we missed by the skin of our teeth on the last day.

All of the club's problems have been brought on us by Ashley himself - he went behind KK's back by recruiting Wise and his two Spanish stooges and then proceeded to sell a player Keegan wanted to keep whilst pretending that Sebastian Schweinsteiger was going to be joining the club(at least this is what KK was told but he contacted the player's agent and found out this was totally false...allegedly..!). Keegan then walked out - justifiably, a verdict backed by the Tribunal who heard his constructive dismissal case - and Ashley had to cough up compensation. The fans were rightfully furious at the treatment of one of the club's legends and protested that they wanted Ashley out. Instead of admitting he had made a mistake, he set out to alienate the fans and anyone else who disagreed with him and that vendetta continues today. He has appointed and retained the 'services' of a manager who is patently out of his depth at a club of NUFC's potential and other smaller clubs have got rid of him exactly for that reason too - he has succeeded in breaking record after record from the club's past ; the only trouble is that the 'records' concerned are not ones we should be proud of ...Biggest home defeat in over 80 years last season, 9 goals conceded without reply in two home games last season, 3 of them to our Derby rivals(I won't pay them the compliment of calling them our 'biggest' rivals, because they are not big enough for that - yet..!), a spectacular achievement bettered yesterday by supervising our 3rd Derby defeat in a row, another record which hasn't happened since 1924...great stuff, isn't it ? And this all because he is Ashley's stooge and a yes-man who knows he wouldn't get a decent job anywhere else or he would follow KK's example and walk out because of lack of support from the other clown who Ashley appointed after his 'Fantastic record' with the Crazy Gang...just the pedigree you need to manage or run NUFC - NOT.

Our lack of investment is there for all to see with the latest PL club spending chart - BOTTOM, with a net INCOME from transfers of 45m...nothing else needs to be said. The people in charge of finance at the club have clearly stated that winning trophies is not a club aim and just finishing in a 'mediocre' PL postion is enough because it guarantees the owner a large wedge of SKY cash and free advertising for his tatty sports outfit.

Sorry this has gone on but it helps to remind yourselves just WHY you have made the sacrifice and stopped giving him ST money...there is no reason why you can't go to the occasional game if it suits YOU, but then sometimes you need to see an ex-partner to know why you left them in the first place..!

Ashley will be gone one day but it may not be very quickly...in the meantime we will be forced to endure more days like yesterday and the transfer which preceded it this week - that much is certain.

When it happens, you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you didn't contribute to the whole mess and that others will undoubtedly follow in due course. The next 2 games could be more of the same and the season is now a write-off so once again, well done....you've made the first step to getting change at the club.

Top post.

Guest Roger Kint

We weren't always shite, he played with Keegan and Keegan loved him.

Sadly i was about 4 when KK played so missed that time, we were pretty bad in most the games i remember though from 86+

Also a fan of over 40 years and a season ticket holder for the last ten. Just put our seats up for sale on virago go for the rest of the season. Pardew has to go, Ashley I'd like to go, kinnear isn't even there to actually go as far as I can tell.

Money still going into the club.