Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

It's nonsense. The powers that be have said that the Premiership takes priority over cup competitions (inc. Europe presumably). Not that we don't want to be in them, they implied if nothing else it gave a chance for lesser squad players.

Pardew on the other hand has repeatedly said he wants to win something, and to get into Europe. He would prefer to have a squad capable of competing in it and has often voiced concerns over the format of the Europa League and wants it to change, but that does not mean he or the club want to finish lower in the league to avoid it ffs.

It would save a lot of hassle if everyone would read and digest this.

Guest Brazilianbob

We had an outside chance of Europe this season but now that seems all but gone especially...

...especially now the club is actively avoiding competing in it

That old chestnut. Avoiding a top 6 finish, are you really that thick? Do you honestly believe we will throw matches just so we fall short of it?

Selling your best players is akin to throwing matches, dont you think?

We had an outside chance of Europe this season but now that seems all but gone especially...

That old chestnut. Avoiding a top 6 finish, are you really that thick? Do you honestly believe we will throw matches just so we fall short of it?

:lol:

No, not at all, that's a mad suggestion.

Guest Brazilianbob

Explain why please.

Explain why please.

Well selling players is an absolutely normal part of the operation of a football club and happens all the time at every level. Whereas throwing matches doesn't, and isn't.

It's nonsense. The powers that be have said that the Premiership takes priority over cup competitions (inc. Europe presumably). Not that we don't want to be in them, they implied if nothing else it gave a chance for lesser squad players.

Pardew on the other hand has repeatedly said he wants to win something, and to get into Europe. He would prefer to have a squad capable of competing in it and has often voiced concerns over the format of the Europa League and wants it to change, but that does not mean he or the club want to finish lower in the league to avoid it ffs.

It would save a lot of hassle if everyone would read and digest this.

I'm not gullible enough to absorb the bullshit spouted from Pardew and Ashley so I've read it then spat it straight back out. They don't want to get into Europe - it isn't worth the effort in their eyes. Pardew says one thing one day and another the next depending on what puppet setting he's on, his quotes are worth the square root of fuck all.

It always amazes me how a club that has won nothing since 1969, has an owner that doesn't want to be in the top 7, constantly sells its best players, doesn't want to win cups, often plays piss-poorly and sees managers changed more seasons than not gets an average of 50,000 fans. Loyal or stupid? (I'm not a season ticket holder you wont be surprised to hear).

It always amazes me how a club that has won nothing since 1969, has an owner that doesn't want to be in the top 7, constantly sells its best players, doesn't want to win cups, often plays piss-poorly and sees managers changed more seasons than not gets an average of 50,000 fans. Loyal or stupid? (I'm not a season ticket holder you wont be surprised to hear).

As with most clubs, attendances are pretty much an accident of geography.

The club openly said there wouldn't be any money to strengthen the squad for Europe if we got there. Considering the last time this happened the manager was completely unable to deal with the injuries, travelling and lack of match preparation time and we limped over the finish line in 16th position, it's fucking obvious they don't want to be in it. To claim anything else is preposterous.

The club openly said there wouldn't be any money to strengthen the squad for Europe if we got there. Considering the last time this happened the manager was completely unable to deal with the injuries, travelling and lack of match preparation time and we limped over the finish line in 16th position, it's fucking obvious they don't want to be in it. To claim anything else is preposterous.

exactly as the directors came out and said it last year at the forum ,Cashley is just happy to survive mid table and sell at a profit so Krul and another next and he sees it as a job well done while we get more and more resentful of him

:thup:

Ian man, we love you, but you have a special knack of twisting words and at times it makes me wonder if you're employed by the club :lol:

But I mean come on, people keep trotting out this line about Europe and the cups. Yes obviously, the league is the priority over everything, that's so obvious it hardly needs discussing. Everyone accepts that, whether or not you agree with the priority is a worthy debate. But we need to stop going on as if it's some damning indictment or we're actively trying to finish lower in the table.

Not so much throwing matches but selling our best player and the severe lack of incoming transfers do suggest they don't want to finish top 6. Add to that a lot of the quotes attached to Pardew which belittle the Europa League and it does appear that they would rather not have the hassle. They've already accepted they aren't too arsed about Cup competitions so why would they want to qualify for another. I think you may be being naive.

Pardew wants to finsih as high up the league table as possible, to think otherwise is mental. The players themselves will be in the same boat trying to push for it as well, precisley why we are only 7 points of a champions league spot. Not that i think we are capable of getting in that position but at least they are keeping themselves in touch with the top 6 teams and not just folding away like other clubs have.

Pardew doesn't get what he wants, that's not the way the club is ran. The powers that be will be doing all they can to avoid another Europa League campaign. It's almost been admitted in interviews/fan meetings.

In the first half of the Europa League we put some very weak teams out and muddled our way through unspectacularly. In the second half of the tournament, when it gets good, we put some strong sides out and maintained mid table Premiership form while playing those 6 matches. I'd imagine if we were to qualify we would aim to do more or less the same thing again.

What happens if you don't meet the 31st deadline to cancel but just cancel the DD with your bank?

:dontknow: but I'd be interested to know.

I might just do this, fuck giving them notice. They can put a mark against my credit record, the cunts.