Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Absolutely disgusting that NUST is letting its members and other fans know it has a dialogue with the Premier League on behalf of its members. Absolutely disgusting decision to keep this dialogue open and look to build a better platform with the PL to stand up for fans. Disgusting that NUST wants to act professionally and build that dialogue further for the betterment of fans going forward in the long term rather than just as a PR exercise.

Of course it would have been much better to just release the letter it sent as a PR exercise and make NUFC twitter happy, and not get a response from the CEO of the Premier League, and not build a relationship for future dialogue with the top man at the Premier League.

Can I ask, are all members made aware of the contents or just the senior members?

I don't blame for you trying to open a formal dialogue with the league, I'm just curious how those type of things work in what is a fans group.

Just the executive board members not the plebs.

Just be a courteous reply I would have thought similar to the Kashogi fiance received. He stated today that the matter was confidential so be absolutely gobsmacked if it was anything else.

This your not missing out on anything I would suggest, just a bog standard holding reply saying their views will be taken on board.

Joke aside though think they’re doing the right thing keeping it private, all opponents of the deal have leaked letters to press, shows a bit of respect and will give them credibility with PL for any future dealings.

The latter part was one of the main points from our barrister in terms of credibility and influence.

Why are people up in arms about NUST?

They have demonstrated they can be trusted to have a dialogue and not “fish for likes” by plastering it all over the internet.

I might not matter too much to the PL but you can bet the new owners will take note of this when it comes to including them in the future.

Guest awaymag

They have demonstrated they can be trusted to have a dialogue and not “fish for likes” by plastering it all over the internet.

I might not matter too much to the PL but you can bet the new owners will take note of this when it comes to including them in the future.

Agreed, too much has been played out in the media via deliberate leaked letters.  Appreciate the Trust rising above it and I'm sure will release when their legal counsel advises.

On the NUST thing I'd personally have like to have seen an opinion thrown in as well, along the lines of

We got a response, thanks, and we're confident from it that things are being fairly done

Or

We got a response and it's so opaque that we're not confident that the process is fair and reasonable

However you word it

What's to lose? If the response tells you the PL are playing at cunts what's to lose by telling people? If the response tells you they're good guys nothing to lose by saying it.

Nothing confidential has to be revealed

Agreed, too much has been played out in the media via deliberate leaked letters.  Appreciate the Trust rising above it and I'm sure will release when their legal counsel advises.

Am almost 100% certain the response was the same boiler plate “we cannot comment...” and then some sort of personalised nicety at the end. And if it was that, it would be pointless to go public with it.

The intrigue about the response serves the trust better to be honest. I’ve no issue with that at all.

Richard Master's literally wrote to the legal counsel acting for Hetiz Cengiz complaining their correspondence had been leak into the media.

If we never want to speak to them again, and not use this as an opportunity to build some sort of dialogue with the CEO of the Premier League beyond the takeover e.g. on other matters, then we could throw it all away for some likes on Twitter.

But that would be very stupid.

Richard Master's literally wrote to the legal counsel acting for Hetiz Cengiz complaining their correspondence had been leak into the media.

If we never want to speak to them again, and not use this as an opportunity to build some sort of dialogue with the CEO of the Premier League beyond the takeover e.g. on other matters, then we could throw it all away for some likes on Twitter.

I'm 100% in agreement. However, playing devils advocate, how long do PL CEO's actually last? Isn't Masters meant to be out some time fairly soon?

Agreed mate and fully support the stance. Don’t mind any of the shite being spouted here or on social media. It was the right thing to do.

It’s far more use having a trust representing the fans that either the club or other organisations can trust to have a dialogue with.

I'm 100% in agreement. However, playing devils advocate, how long do PL CEO's actually last? Isn't Masters meant to be out some time fairly soon?

He's been in post little over six months.

Guest neesy111

He's only been in the job for a few months.  The previous one was there for 26 years.  :lol:

He's only been in the job for a few months.  The previous one was there for 26 years.  :lol:

Yes but he’s been with the PL since 2006, started off as their head of sales and marketing before being promoted to Chief Executive.

Before that he spent 5 years as the commercial director for the football league.

He’s not some blow in they took off the street.

Fair do's, maybe I'm confusing them with a chairperson of the FA or something like that. Happy to be corrected.

Guest neesy111

He's only been in the job for a few months.  The previous one was there for 26 years.  [emoji38]

Fair do's, maybe I'm confusing them with a chairperson of the FA or something like that. Happy to be corrected.

They do get voted in at the FA.

Agreed mate and fully support the stance. Don’t mind any of the s**** being spouted here or on social media. It was the right thing to do.

It’s far more use having a trust representing the fans that either the club or other organisations can trust to have a dialogue with.

:thup:

Guest Carrick18

By the same token, to play devil's advocate, do you see why making a point of saying you'll keep it private has got the seagulls flapping their wings?

I'd argue just saying he acknowledged the letter would have been suffice. The second you talk about 'keeping it private' it gives a connotation that there is vital information being shared.

Masters was also asked about piracy in Saudi Arabia - something which many feel is holding up the deal - and he said: "BeoutQ is now off the air, and what we want, off the back of the WTO report, is for Saudi Arabia to respond positively the situation and to allow sports rights-holders to take their rights."

When Masters was asked how long it would take to conclude, he responded: "Shortly".

:) :) :)

Masters was also asked about piracy in Saudi Arabia - something which many feel is holding up the deal - and he said: "BeoutQ is now off the air, and what we want, off the back of the WTO report, is for Saudi Arabia to respond positively the situation and to allow sports rights-holders to take their rights."

When Masters was asked how long it would take to conclude, he responded: "Shortly".

:) :) :)

He didn't. He said he hoped it would.

Guest chopey

Much as Manchester City’s Middle Eastern backers have done in the eastern part of that city, the Saudis could invest in broader regeneration in Newcastle, showing their benevolence, leveraging some cultural capital and further burnishing their image – which, let’s not forget, is an all-important consideration in the deal.

So while Newcastle's Toon Army and the House of Saud may seem unlikely bedfellows, they offer exactly what the other side needs. Through the takeover on Tyneside, the stage is being prepared for an unlikely union, but one which could shake the top of the footballing tree.   

*the Russians know the score*

Much as Manchester City’s Middle Eastern backers have done in the eastern part of that city, the Saudis could invest in broader regeneration in Newcastle, showing their benevolence, leveraging some cultural capital and further burnishing their image – which, let’s not forget, is an all-important consideration in the deal.

So while Newcastle's Toon Army and the House of Saud may seem unlikely bedfellows, they offer exactly what the other side needs. Through the takeover on Tyneside, the stage is being prepared for an unlikely union, but one which could shake the top of the footballing tree.   

Yeah they murder journalists too.

Guest chopey

Yeah they murder journalists too.

This is true, lets scrap the whole thing and see if Stuart Donald wants to buy us and take us to the next stage, I've got some spare screws to help change the dirty seats