Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Why risk him against Oxford ffs. We should be playing both Longstaffs, Allan, Gibson etc

I don't get how on one hand you can rightly slate Ashley's Newcastle for our dreadful cup record and not taking them seriously and then on the other hand you think we think we should be playing such a weakened team?

Welcome to Newcastle-Online.  :lol: :lol:

They're a League One side. A weakened side should be enough to beat them.

Mental how much Ashley, Pardew & Bruce have lowered expectations.

We can't have it both ways. We (rightly) used to criticise when we'd play weakened teams in the cups.

Now criticism is coming for playing our strongest players in a cup match.

Why risk him against Oxford ffs. We should be playing both Longstaffs, Allan, Gibson etc

I don't get how on one hand you can rightly slate Ashley's Newcastle for our dreadful cup record and not taking them seriously and then on the other hand you think we think we should be playing such a weakened team?

Play your strongest side by all means, just don't risk your best players if they are still recovering from injury. It's not that hard to fathom.

Play your strongest side by all means, just don't risk your best players if they are still recovering from injury. It's not that hard to fathom.

We agree.

Guest neesy111

We can't have it both ways. We (rightly) used to criticise when we'd play weakened teams in the cups.

Strongest players who have frequently broken down.  You have to find a balance to ensure we get no new injuries.

Strongest players who have frequently broken down.  You have to find a balance to ensure we get no new injuries.

That's fair enough, we should never risk a player who isn't fully fit.

But if they're fit, we need to play our strongest team in every round we play.

Because such a weakened side, managed correctly, should still be beating teams like Oxford. You can't seriously tell me that 4/5 fringe players in the side is a risk against fucking Oxford :lol: