Worst ever Newcastle midfielder?

I think the first time I watched Reviere, he’d already played a few games for us and the verdict was already in. I didn’t think he was that bad the first time I saw him, and thought he was getting unfair flak.

I was wrong. Very wrong. Reviere was complete turd, irredeemably so.

In recent times Riviere is one of the worst players I have ever seen let alone worst striker.  Joselu is rubbish, he has an uncanny knack of running out of space to head or flick the ball on, right into the space he previously occupied.... 

All time worst list would include Andreas Andersson for sure!

Bridges is a fair shout. If Luuk de Jong is being mentioned, Bridges should too. Same with Doumbia.

Doumbia played less than a half an hour in total, we don't know how good or bad he was. Its a bit harsh like because he's obviously a decent player who was just going through a bad patch but based just on his time here Luuk de Jong was by far the worst I have seen

They need to have played more than a few games. Therefore it's Alan Smith and Luuk de Jong for me. Riviere was obviously terrible but at least he had a bit of pace and actually found the net as many as three (!) times.

Joselu's crap but he's comfortably above those three useless fuckers. He's scored seven times for us. Even Rush got a couple.

Because he played in two positions, Alan Smith was probably our worst striker and midfielder.  Rather have had Steve Harper up front.

If Smith counts, it's him for me like. Especially considering his supposed pedigree. He just ran round booting people.

Guest reefatoon

Some cracking names on this list. We have had so many useless strikers. Totally agree too, from George Reilly, Rob McDonald through to Riviere.

I know this is worst ever striker, but the two that just frustrated and annoyed me the most have to be Ameobi and Joselu.  Where the others are total crap, these two could be more, but they are exactly the same, in you could tell within 1 minute of a game starting whether they were going to be decent or absolutely shit. There was never a middle ground. So no, they might not have been the worst strikers for us, but they just annoyed/annoy the fuck out of me more than any other striker when i watched them.

Andy Walker.

Yup - he was utter toilet. Wasn't at all interested.

For not being interested see Michael Owen, utter thundercunt of a player, he scored a few goals for us so not technically the worst player but one of the worst pieces of businesses we've done on a striker.

Contribution as a ratio to expectation he stands head and shoulders above all else.

There were a few like Andreas Andersson , De Jong and Riviere who couldn't shoot or finish, but at least they offered some movement. The worst ones for me were the big lunks who couldn't score and didn't even use their size effectively, so I suppose Rob McDonald and Frank Pingel would be the front runners.

There were a few like Andreas Andersson , De Jong and Riviere who couldn't shoot or finish, but at least they offered some movement. The worst ones for me were the big lunks who couldn't score and didn't even use their size effectively, so I suppose Rob McDonald and Frank Pingel would be the front runners.

Andreas Andersson for me - he was beyond useless, complete and utter tripe