West Ham 2 - 3(!) Newcastle United - 02/11/19

BlueStar

There’s a fair few likeable players too. Dubravka, Willems, Almiron, ASM, Schar, Lejeune...even some of the fringe players like Fernandez & Clark.

There is. I actually think I would care, sort of, if we had a somewhat competent/interesting manager. I just can't stand Steve Bruce.

no matter how well we do, i really cant like this man.

its nowt to do with him replacing rafa. he's just a fuckwit.

Does anyone still feel happy when we win?

Yes, although I realise why this is bad. I guess I just don't hate Bruce with a passion yet, it's still more just lack of respect for his ability.

It's not really anything to do with Bruce personally for me. Just the transition from Rafa was the final proof that the club don't care about achievement. Obviously we knew that already, but we could pretend for a bit under Rafa.

Agree tbh, but I have given up on Ashley selling and while I can't enjoy the football like I did last year, I still like to see us win. But I don't really care if we lose either, that is quite a big difference from when Rafa was here.

I think as fans we are mistaken if we believe how we feel matters. If you want to enjoy the win, fine. If you dont, also fine but guess what? Mike Ashley doesn't give a fuck either way.

He only cares if you take action against him or ruffle his feathers, see Jeremy Corbyn's comments or the restaurant when the fans turned up.

I enjoyed yesterday's win, without the guilt that little old me makes any fucking difference.

Now the ones who buy season tickets, who support the regime by paying for things and keeping the little advertising vehicle moving, they do make a difference. By paying, then turning up, then booing the players who you claim to support, you are playing right into the fat mans hands.

The ones who had season tickets and who used to attend regularly but dont anymore, have done their bit. If they want to cheer on the side from a pub or whatever, then that's fair enough.

I think as fans we are mistaken if we believe how we feel matters. If you want to enjoy the win, fine. If you dont, also fine but guess what? Mike Ashley doesn't give a fuck either way.

He only cares if you take action against him or ruffle his feathers, see Jeremy Corbyn's comments or the restaurant when the fans turned up.

I enjoyed yesterday's win, without the guilt that little old me makes any fucking difference.

Now the ones who buy season tickets, who support the regime by paying for things and keeping the little advertising vehicle moving, they do make a difference. By paying, then turning up, then booing the players who you claim to support, you are playing right into the fat mans hands.

The ones who had season tickets and who used to attend regularly but dont anymore, have done their bit. If they want to cheer on the side from a pub or whatever, then that's fair enough.

Spot on :thup:

Aye it does bother him but unfortunately for us it won't make him sell, and that's all that matters to us. His thin skin doesn't extend to him saying 'fuck it, I've had enough'.

I guess we can take something from his little tantrums when he's gets called out but ultimately he makes money from us, until he doesn't we're stuck with him.

It's not really anything to do with Bruce personally for me. Just the transition from Rafa was the final proof that the club don't care about achievement. Obviously we knew that already, but we could pretend for a bit under Rafa.

I don't think it was just a case of pretending. With Rafa we had a crucial and powerful force within the club fighting against that current, that gave us a hope and a stake.

This game was interesting for me in that I could directly compare how I felt to when we won 3-2 there two years ago. That time we were also under Ashley and I was still watching it from a stream far away having moved away - but I felt passionate and happy about that win, yesterday I couldn't give a fuck. I was interested but not invested.

I enjoyed the win, we were fantastic first half. Easily should have been 4-0 at Half Time.

Totally misses the point.  Or does he?

Wtf you on about? Misses the point of what?  He enjoyed the game.hes aloud to .

I don't think it was just a case of pretending. With Rafa we had a crucial and powerful force within the club fighting against that current, that gave us a hope and a stake.

This is it for me as well. When Rafa was here I knew he would fight for the sporting side of club with tooth and nail, he understood the fans and had the necessary leverage to force Ashley to go against his will. With the way he saved the club and built a bridge between the club and fans again I thought there was no way Ashley would be so stupid to gamble on not retaining him and eventually cave in to Rafas demands re: training facilities and transfer policy but for the umpteenth time I underestimated his ego.

If Rafa couldn't force a change with the leverage and support within the club he had then nobody can. It has to be us fans that does it, and the only way to do it is to abandon the club until he hasn't got a choice but sell. Good results are only hindering the progress of the club so I'm just annoyed when we win or draw.

This is it for me as well. When Rafa was here I knew he would fight for the sporting side of club with tooth and nail, he understood the fans and had the necessary leverage to force Ashley to go against his will. With the way he saved the club and built a bridge between the club and fans again I thought there was no way Ashley would be so stupid to gamble on not retaining him and eventually cave in to Rafas demands re: training facilities and transfer policy but for the umpteenth time I underestimated his ego.

If Rafa couldn't force a change with the leverage and support within the club he had then nobody can. It has to be us fans that does it, and the only way to do it is to abandon the club until he hasn't got a choice but sell. Good results are only hindering the progress of the club so I'm just annoyed when we win or draw.

:thup: :thup: