Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

The move to a new stadium may have been needed but it will be located well outside of York City Centre I believe. One of the key reasons Bootham Crescent was good as an away fan / neutral was due to its central location and ease of access to the city centre (bars / shops etc.). Only time will tell if its a good move I guess though.

I was at the Darlington game Saturday. Guiseley deserved winners and Darlington were very poor and didn't have a shot on target all game. Tough one for the officials with some very interesting decisions for them.

I'm not sure to what extent it was 'needed' (Bootham Crescent is certainly tired and rickety in places), but I don't really know much about the politics of it, of which there are quite a lot, as I understand it. The city centre has major problems in terms of its retail (loads of places closing), whilst the out-of-town shopping/entertainment provision - the stadium included - is booming. Precisely what good that does for the city centre is a big debate which I'm sure is also being had in other big towns across the country. Naturally BC's land will be used for a housing development - quite how much of the money made there will be used to compensate the loss of a historic sporting venue, I'm not sure.

But yes, having lived between one minute and ten minutes away from the ground for a few years now, I'm gonna miss that being the club's home. It's so delightfully old school.

I'm not sure to what extent it was 'needed' (Bootham Crescent is certainly tired and rickety in places), but I don't really know much about the politics of it, of which there are quite a lot, as I understand it. The city centre has major problems in terms of its retail (loads of places closing), whilst the out-of-town shopping/entertainment provision - the stadium included - is booming. Precisely what good that does for the city centre is a big debate which I'm sure is also being had in other big towns across the country. Naturally BC's land will be used for a housing development - quite how much of the money made there will be used to compensate the loss of a historic sporting venue, I'm not sure.

But yes, having lived between one minute and ten minutes away from the ground for a few years now, I'm gonna miss that being the club's home. It's so delightfully old school.

That's a shame to hear, but hopefully the club don't suffer too much in the long run. Always had a soft spot for York and it's always been a good day out. I'll certainly try and attend before the doors finally close on BC, one of the proper old school ground (of which there are less and less now unfortunately).

Will be popping up to Morpeth v South Shields game tonight, the 'lights' derby with a fair bit of recent history between both sides it should be a cracker!

Was a great game last night. 1,704 there and a good contest throughout (with a bit of controversy). 1-1 draw a fair result and a great atmosphere. Off to Ryton v Redcar in the NL Div 2 cup tonight!

Will be popping up to Morpeth v South Shields game tonight, the 'lights' derby with a fair bit of recent history between both sides it should be a cracker!

Was a great game last night. 1,704 there and a good contest throughout (with a bit of controversy). 1-1 draw a fair result and a great atmosphere. Off to Ryton v Redcar in the NL Div 2 cup tonight!

Good win for Ryton last night. Not a vintage game by any stretch and was tense throughout, but Ryton probably shaded it and now advance to the semis where they'll play either Jarrow FC, Tow Law Town or West Allotment Celtic.

Hebburn v Plymouth Parkway

Atherstone Town / Worcester City v Consett

Hebburn took four coaches to the match on Saturday and they're hoping for a bumper crowd! Favourites to win it now - I got 10s at the start of the season!

February 29th!

Hebburn took four coaches to the match on Saturday and they're hoping for a bumper crowd! Favourites to win it now - I got 10s at the start of the season!

February 29th!

And Consett second favourites. Not a great deal between them in the league either.

February 29th!

you might have 3 trips to wemberly this season kidda.

Great to see Hebburn finally get a home tie after a number of long trips away (Lower Breck, Vauxhall Motors, Longridge). Last time they had a home tie was Sunderland RCA on 2 November. Should be a bumper crowd - I'm away unfortunately otherwise I'd have been there

A terrible appointment, put a bit of publicity over getting someone with a clue. Too late now- they are relying on the AGM Cup for any hope of staving off relegation.

Lee Clark and Paul Stephenson have left Blyth, by 'mutual consent'. Michael Nelson has been put in charge for the rest of the season.

It's come 3 months too late.

He was desperate to be away by his in interview with Caulkin in the Athletic the other day!

A terrible appointment, put a bit of publicity over getting someone with a clue. Too late now- they are relying on the AGM Cup for any hope of staving off relegation.

It's all on Platten and the committee. It's been one balls up after another, since Alun Armstrong was allowed to leave.