Newcastle United 0-3 West Ham United (HT) 1/12/18 - Post match pejoratives p13

Super Duper Branko Strupar

We came up against a better team and better manager than we’ve been facing in last few games. We weren’t prepared well enough.

Didn’t give them enough respect and played too open. Poor tactics and team selection by Rafa (Manquillo) but also the players didn’t turn up today. It’s happened before, it’ll happen again.

Not overreacting. We were beaten fair and square by better players today.

Out of interest what was tactically amiss today? Not had chance to catch it yet, if I do at all.

Continuous long balls from the back up front to Rondon who was pretty much beaten by the defenders every time.

It didn’t work after 20 attempts but we kept hoofing  it up expecting a different outcome.

We came up against a better team and better manager than we’ve been facing in last few games. We weren’t prepared well enough.

Didn’t give them enough respect and played too open. Poor tactics and team selection by Rafa (Manquillo) but also the players didn’t turn up today. It’s happened before, it’ll happen again.

Not overreacting. We were beaten fair and square by better players today.

Totally disagree, we couldn’t finish because of the quality of players, they could because of the quality of players.

That’s what won it, we played to our level really and just didn’t get the breaks, nothing wrong with tactics or selection or effort it just didn’t happen yesterday.

Brutal finishing compared to our lot of misfits .

THATS WHAT PAYING THE GOING RATE GETS YOU , QUALITY WHEN YOU NEED IT.

Guest neesy111

Rondon - Loan

Perez £1.5m

Kenedy - Loan

vs

Hernandez £16m

Arnautovic - £25m

Anderson - £40m

Imagine giving Rafa that WHU spend

Rondon will cost us £16m to sign and Kenedy £20m plus so don't get this comparison.  You can't compare loan signings to permanent signings.

Well to top off this game, the lack of a protest i crashed my fucking car on redheugh bridge driving back home. What a fucking terrible day. I blame ashely entirely.

Oof. Hope you’re ok mate.

Cheers, was a very minor crash, no-one hurt, just kicking myself, was my fault and there goes 8 years no claims discount  :rant:

Rondon - Loan

Perez £1.5m

Kenedy - Loan

vs

Hernandez £16m

Arnautovic - £25m

Anderson - £40m

Rondon will cost us £16m to sign and Kenedy £20m plus so don't get this comparison.  You can't compare loan signings to permanent signings.

Hopefully sign neither - Rondon just not good enough and Kennedy is in my opinion not the answer either.

Rondon - Loan

Perez £1.5m

Kenedy - Loan

vs

Hernandez £16m

Arnautovic - £25m

Anderson - £40m

My point is if you give Rafa the cash equivalent of WHUs outlay, rest assured he’d sign 3 better players than Rondon, Perez and Kenedy e.g Brahimi, Fabian, Paco Alcacer etc

Guest neesy111

Rondon - Loan

Perez £1.5m

Kenedy - Loan

vs

Hernandez £16m

Arnautovic - £25m

Anderson - £40m

My point is if you give Rafa the cash equivalent of WHUs outlay, rest assured he’d sign 3 better players than Rondon, Perez and Kenedy e.g Brahimi, Fabian, Paco Alcacer etc

Well of course he would, but that would be same for any manager.

Continued to play a ridiculously high line after we were exposed time and time again, big mistake that ultimately cost us but I still think we'd have lost anyway, we weren't what I would call awful but we wouldn't have scored if we had played for another 5 hours, bad day at the office, and West Hams best players made the difference.

West Ham are obviously a very talented team but one who came here on the back of a bad run. We needed to hurt them early to maintain their self doubt and low confidence, but as they grew into the game and started playing with confidence they were on a different level to us.

If Rafa had been given the money to spend if the figures are to be believed we would have spent 25 mil on Kenedy and 16 mil on Rondon, so we would be exactly where we are now.

Maybe Kenedy on a permanent contract is a different player to a one-year loan signing? Especially with a young family... It's all hypothetical, of course, but you can't simply say "exactly where we are now".

If Rafa had been given the money to spend if the figures are to be believed we would have spent 25 mil on Kenedy and 16 mil on Rondon, so we would be exactly where we are now.

Maybe Kenedy on a permanent contract is a different player to a one-year loan signing? Especially with a young family... It's all hypothetical, of course, but you can't simply say "exactly where we are now".

Same two players only with 40 million difference in price, I doubt they would both turn into world beaters because we paid actual coin for them, I get what you're saying though, maybe one or both would feel a greater duty to the club on a permanent deal.

Surely though any footbller would be looking to get a big money move away or even to show his parent clubs manager that he is worth a shot. I would say he has far more to prove this year or he could be left in limbo - or maybe he actually isn't a top level player.

Same two players only with 40 million difference in price, I doubt they would both turn into world beaters because we paid actual coin for them, I get what you're saying though, maybe one or both would feel a greater duty to the club on a permanent deal.

I don't know if Kenedy was prepared to sign a permanent deal , but after his performances last year, he'd be justified in wondering what he has to do. I gt a bit of tat feeling with him,sometimes it looks like he's trying too hard to get noticed.

I don't know if Kenedy was prepared to sign a permanent deal , but after his performances last year, he'd be justified in wondering what he has to do. I gt a bit of tat feeling with him,sometimes it looks like he's trying too hard to get noticed.

He wanted to. Chelsea wanted to. Newcastle didn’t want to.