Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Who do you reckon is the worst player from our past that would still improve us now if they came back?

Who do you reckon is the worst player from our past that would still improve us now if they came back?

First team or squad? Squad would be pretty much any striker we’ve had as they’d >>> Joselu.

First team off the top of my head; probably Bernard, Domi or Bezzer, Tomasson (if you go off his form here, he was actually class).

Guest firetotheworks

I was thinking first team and any player's fine, but it has to be their NUFC form that comes, so Tomasson's fine, but it would be NUFC Tomasson and not AC Milan Tomasson. Same with Saha for example.

I'm thinking maybe Lee Clark, Acuna, or Abeid. Thinking along the lines of a better midfielder or potentially a number 10 if I can think of one.

Guest firetotheworks

First team or squad? Squad would be pretty much any striker we’ve had as they’d >>> Joselu.

First team off the top of my head; probably Bernard, Domi or Bezzer, Tomasson (if you go off his form here, he was actually class).

If it's left backs you're after I reckon I'd go Paddy Van An or Pearce. I wonder if Pistone would even be better.

If it's left backs you're after I reckon I'd go Paddy Van An or Pearce. I wonder if Pistone would even be better.

I’m playing wingbacks so I’m not sure a 75 year old Pearce playing LWB would be healthy for him.

Guest firetotheworks

That is a good shout aye. I hate that he played for us, wasn't very good for us, was worse than my next choice Acuna, but was still probably better than what we have. He ticks a few boxes.

Guest Howaythetoon

Viana? Not one of our worst players but one of our most disappointing. I think Deportivo Luque under Rafa would work as well.

Strikers-wise, Andy Carroll has to be up there - he was worse than Ba and Remy but better than Rondon. Looked like he had just about everything in the first half of that season.

Guest neesy111

Acuna was very underrated imo.

He was quality. Strange that we were his only venture into European football.

I believe he had to go back to South America due to family problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Good question. I think HITC did exactly that recently.

You could pick so many different types of teams, but for me, in terms of a team I'd like to set up, partly for entertainment, but mainly to win, it's:

Manager: Benitez

Fabianski

Wan-Bissaka

Lejeune

Maguire

Chilwell

Anderson

Gueye

Neves

Arnautovic

Zaha

Jiménez

Either as a 442, or with Arnautovic further forward in a 433

Squad: Dubravka, Doherty, Cody, Brooks, Fraser, Vardy, Wilson and loads more probably.