Newcastle vs Man City - 28/06/2020@18:30 - FA Cup (Live on BBC)

Hmmmm.

On paper we will get beat, they have better players in just about every position , however if we can get to 90 mins level we have a chance.

I wouldn’t be steaming in at 1/5 on City, they very much play one way(terrific) , they should break us down eventually, don’t underestimate the lack of a crowd for our chances to be reduced.Getting up the pitch will be tough with only ASM being capable to do it, Almiron will drop too deep.

Nil nil is the only hope , I don’t think we will get hammered, we aren’t that bad but I’m predicting 0-1 or 0-2

I will watch this , one day I may see us win a trophy, not this year though.

Predictions aside, who feels up for this? Does anyone feel the anticipation/nerves/excitement/butterflies come kick-off in the same way they would any other season (i.e. non-COVID/non-Ashleyitis, however you might define the latter)? I've explained my position on it enough times so I'm not trying to be divisive, just curious as to how people are feeling about this one.

Predictions aside, who feels up for this? Does anyone feel the anticipation/nerves/excitement/butterflies come kick-off in the same way they would any other season (i.e. non-COVID/non-Ashleyitis, however you might define the latter)? I've explained my position on it enough times so I'm not trying to be divisive, just curious as to how people are feeling about this one.

I'll be excited tomorrow morning like, for sure. Not so much now but match day always excites me regardless. It's ingrained.

Not like I used to pre Ashley , I can’t get excited when we have to get passed some top teams , we can’t even watch it live ,no one will remember this years winners anyway.

Not excited at all, however I will watch it.

I’m expecting to lose. Come the game itself I’ll be nervous, and for each close moment I’ll be holding my breath. Ultimately though I’m expecting a loss but hoping for the best.

I'm looking forward to it more than usual for some reason. Can't really put my finger on it but I have a feeling it'll be a good game to watch based on absolutely nowt.

I'm looking forward to it more than usual for some reason. Can't really put my finger on it but I have a feeling it'll be a good game to watch based on absolutely nowt.

Can't get myself up for this somehow.  I predict 1-3.

Hoping for:

--------------------Dubravka----------------

Manquillo---Lascelles----Fernandez---Rose

---------------Shelvey---Hayden------------

Saint-Maximin------Almiron-------Joelinton

----------------------Carroll------------------

Can see a 2 man midfield with Shelvey in it getting completely over ran.

Hayden and hope one of the Longstaffs are fit is our only hope.

Wouldn’t start Carroll either. Don’t see him lasting 90 minutes.

So what? Let him play an hour then?

He will hardly touch the ball, rather use him as an impact sub.

I think he will touch the ball a lot more than Joelinton and be more important to keep the ball to get the team a bit higher up the field.

Hoping for:

--------------------Dubravka----------------

Manquillo---Lascelles----Fernandez---Rose

---------------Shelvey---Hayden------------

Saint-Maximin------Almiron-------Joelinton

----------------------Carroll------------------

Can see a 2 man midfield with Shelvey in it getting completely over ran.

Hayden and hope one of the Longstaffs are fit is our only hope.

I disagree, neither of them have played for ages and weren’t in very good form anyway. Shelvey looks sharp to me and grafted well since the restart.

Problem with that is we might be already out of the game by then. I’d rather start with our most threatening team and against City’s suspect defence, Carroll is a great option.