Newcastle 2 - 2 Manchester City - 20/10/08 - post match reaction from page 18

Decky

Great performance tonight in adversity and if someone had offered me 2-2 when Beye was sent off, I'd have snapped their hand off. Rob Styles and his officials were awful tonight - no way in a million years that it was a pen. Guess that's the way it goes when you are at the bottom. I hope (somewhat forlornly) that Beye's red card will be wiped out. Then again, we aren't Chelsea......

Thought Ameobi put in an excellent shift tonight and took his goal well (even if it was scuffed) - a good touch on the chest to hold off Dunne, IIRC. The lad needs to play like that consistently, but how long have we been saying that for?

Never want to see Style's officiate one of our games again. The man's a shithouse.

Shocking decision,i think everyone but Mark Hughes (I havent Seen it) and the SMB's Agree

Hope the ref accidently slits his cock in three.

why only three?

NHS. were paying.

Incorrect,a tackle from behind=you pay the bill.

Doubt it, im a student i dont pay tax.

Do you usually crack jokes when your mother interupts you mid wank Yorkie?  Because that was sarcasm, there's nothing hard about it, like I said you're very confused.  If you called me a sarcastic twat then I could understand it, but this hard thing is just bizarre :lol:

http://highschool.parksideyouth.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/chuck-norris.jpg

Shocking decision,i think everyone but Mark Hughes (I havent Seen it) and the SMB's Agree

Hope the ref accidently slits his cock in three.

why only three?

NHS. were paying.

Incorrect,a tackle from behind=you pay the bill.

Doubt it, im a student i dont pay tax.

Fair Cop then.

"Only" 45.000 at St.James today, anyone think there will be a bigger crowd at our next home game? Hopefully come and support the team! But I have too say the supporters were great tonight, sounded good on TV :clap:

If we beat the Mackems then there'll be a full house for the Brummies i reckon, no doubt.

A bit gutted obviously we never nabbed it, but before the game I would have taken a point. Really impressed with the work ethic of the team this evening, especially as it was 12 vs 10 for most of the game.

Coloccini was superb tonight, an absolute class act. Although one criticism I will have is there was far too much emphasis on the long-ball game at times.

Carroll is absolute wank btw.

Guest Heneage

Poll; "Just because he got the ball doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty!" Seriously he wants to go home and get a proper job!

How anyone who booked someone 3 times can comment on the game is beyond me. And for all those pundits like WSD who defend him because he comes on the show saying "He did so much good" but I rarely remember it.

Do you usually crack jokes when your mother interupts you mid wank Yorkie?  Because that was sarcasm, there's nothing hard about it, like I said you're very confused.  If you called me a sarcastic twat then I could understand it, but this hard thing is just bizarre :lol:

http://highschool.parksideyouth.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/chuck-norris.jpg

Thanks!! :celb:

A bit gutted obviously we never nabbed it, but before the game I would have taken a point. Really impressed with the work ethic of the team this evening, especially as it was 12 vs 10 for most of the game.

Coloccini was superb tonight, an absolute class act. Although one criticism I will have is there was far too much emphasis on the long-ball game at times.

Carroll is absolute wank btw.

I feel like I've heard all of this before :)

Really impressed with the change in attitude since JFK came in. We really look up for it and it was a performance to be proud of tonight. City were there for the taking and Style robbed us of what could have been a huge win. Robinho and Jo were absolutely shocking. SWP performed the Milner role well- all fur coat no knickers and it took their best player on the night, Ireland, to salvage a point.

Many positives to take though. Well done lads.

Guest Jawesome

Just got back.  Ecstatic.  Atmosphere in 'The Corner' was amazing.  Hope Styles gets super aids, the fucking fat gelled haired shit bag.

The highlights on Inside Sport were hilarious. Not even a replay of the penalty, another one under the carpet unlike Styles' decision to give Malouda a penalty against Liverpool last season which was raised in the House of Commons. :rolleyes:

Fantastic performance from the lads, we fully deserved to win the game and would have if Styles didn't have Arab cash in his pocket. A disgusting decision to match up with his one at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. He gets his name in the paper and that's all that matters to him.

If Shola and Martins had stayed on, we'd have held out but them going off invited pressure - Shola might be shite but when you put him up against Carroll, he looks like Shearer reincarnate. A horrible irony in Keegan possibly walking over Xisco who's now behind the woeful Carroll in the pecking order.

Coloccini finally showed what he can do though - absolutely outstanding.

I've stuck up for Shola loads as i know he can put in a performance like that. Why he doesnt realise that he needs to make even more effort than he even put in tonight is beyond me?

Jogging on the pitch is only allowed when the ball has less than a 1% chance of reaching you, for moments tonight he seemed to get it.

Carroll :lol: Utter shite.

Hughes was a tit as a player and nothing has changed since he became a manager. I remember him being particularly oafish after we beat Blackburn at Ewood a few seasons ago.

just got back, i'm happy to say i was proud of our players and proud of our support for the entire night tonight. i said on here before i went to the match that i was gonna muster all the passion i could and support ameobi, and he repaid my faith with a very good performance.

martins was excellent, looked dangerous every time he had the ball, collocini was in control for the whole game, duff looked like he had a bit of bite, taylor was good, just all round effort was nice to see.

2-2 is a massive result for us tonight having played for 80 minutes with ten men, lets hope the confidence from that carries over to next week

just one negative to mention, Carroll, that was fucking embarassing, i could teach a monkey to run at a man in possesion of a football, he never moved his arse once. if he thinks that the only job he needed to do was get on the end of long balls then he shouldnt be anywhere near a football team.

Very encouraging that tonight tbh. City basically were given a goal start and a man advantage for 75 mins and they still couldn't beat us.

We fought for every ball and even Shola put a shift in. We've not turned the corner but at least we can see the fucking corner now. Onwards and upwards and I think we'll get at least a point from the mackems. :)