Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I'm wondering if I can remember a better debut than his at Everton. Jonas at ManU springs to mind but wasn't as significant. Cisse and Sissoko, different seasons but both against Villa, were pretty good but certainly not on the same scale. Ferguson at home to Wimbledon circa 98?

Mick Quinn against Leeds or Supermac against Liverpool....no comparison

I'm wondering if I can remember a better debut than his at Everton. Jonas at ManU springs to mind but wasn't as significant. Cisse and Sissoko, different seasons but both against Villa, were pretty good but certainly not on the same scale. Ferguson at home to Wimbledon circa 98?

Nope. Ben Arfa’s debut was better than all of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Still his full debut so it's not too important. Tiote's debut against Everton was just as impressive, he absolutely bossed it. 100% pass accuracy as well.

Best debut of all time? Easy! SuperMac against Liverpool. The best ever, by a country mile.

As I said earlier Supermac or Mickey Quinn nothing compares

The best bit about SuperMacs debut was him coming off after scoring the first two to have two front teeth out, then coming back on to get his hat trick. Instant hero. Forever.

Best debut of all time? Easy! SuperMac against Liverpool. The best ever, by a country mile.

The best bit about SuperMacs debut was him coming off after scoring the first two to have two front teeth out, then coming back on to get his hat trick. Instant hero. Forever.

Him being helped off the pitch concussed not knowing where the hell he was only to come back on and get the 3rd. Didn't he miss a penalty that game too

HBA's wasn't even the best debut in that match.

Supermac’s debut wasn’t against Liverpool. Quinn scoring 4 goals against Leeds takes some beating however, KK’s debut was on a different level, the whole build up and game itself was the stuff of dreams and it was a watershed game for NUFC.

Supermac’s debut wasn’t against Liverpool. Quinn scoring 4 goals against Leeds takes some beating however, KK’s debut was on a different level, the whole build up and game itself was the stuff of dreams and it was a watershed game for NUFC.

His home debut was though.

His home debut was though.

Yeah, that wasn’t the question though. My dad remembered Len Shackleton scoring 6 on his debut in the 13-0 victory against Newport - not too shabby.

I'd forgotten all about that, the teeth. The photographs of him grinning in the weeks that followed. :lol:

----------------------------------

As we're we back in time there, and as this is the Ben Arfa thread I was watching

the other day and saw shades of Ben Arfa in some of those runs, the balance and keeping his feet when knocked, the swerves and turns..

I'd forgotten all about that, the teeth. The photographs of him grinning in the weeks that followed. :lol:

----------------------------------

As we're we back in time there, and as this is the Ben Arfa thread I was watching

the other day and saw shades of Ben Arfa in some of those runs, the balance and keeping his feet when knocked, the swerves and turns..

Yeah, that was unreal. Amazing skill.