The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Dean Smith and John Terry, plus a Sporting Director who worked at Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

Finally, some proper sensible thinking. Smith gets teams playing good football, and is a Villa fan and Brummie. Terry knows the club and we need some serious fucking help in defence right now. Pitarch a sign that we have finally, finally understood that you need switched on people overseeing this stuff, no matter how much money you've got - something Lerner totally failed to get.

Henry smacked of starfucking, Faria would have been a decent appointment, but this one looks to me a case of serious, grown up thinking.

At the very least we will start to play actual football rather than the eye-bleedingly shit dross we played under Bruce.

Dean Smith and John Terry, plus a Sporting Director who worked at Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

Finally, some proper sensible thinking. Smith gets teams playing good football, and is a Villa fan and Brummie. Terry knows the club and we need some serious fucking help in defence right now. Pitarch a sign that we have finally, finally understood that you need switched on people overseeing this stuff, no matter how much money you've got - something Lerner totally failed to get.

Henry smacked of starfucking, Faria would have been a decent appointment, but this one looks to me a case of serious, grown up thinking.

At the very least we will start to play actual football rather than the eye-bleedingly shit dross we played under Bruce.

Terry will be a disaster. He’ll be plotting and waiting for his opportunity to stab the manager in the back, he’ll even get the players who’ll already be his friend to back him in a power struggle.

Terry will be a disaster. He’ll be plotting and waiting for his opportunity to stab the manager in the back, he’ll even get the players who’ll already be his friend to back him in a power struggle.

When we signed him as a player, I was very much of the opinion that he was a bad egg looking for a last pay day.

I couldn't have been more wrong - he was utterly inspirational the whole season, and gave 100 percent in every way, playing a big, big role in geeing up the other players. He was excellent for us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Quite like Villa, have a soft spot for them, so hope it works out well for your sake Brummie, but I can’t stand Terry. But if he does the business for your club I suppose who cars what anyone else thinks.

Guest Howaythetoon

RE Bruce I thought he would have took yous up, hopefully we won’t see the likes of him anywhere near the PL again, I’d rather see the likes of Warnock managing in the PL, at least his achievements haven’t come on the back of big spending etc.

RE Bruce I thought he would have took yous up, hopefully we won’t see the likes of him anywhere near the PL again, I’d rather see the likes of Warnock managing in the PL, at least his achievements haven’t come on the back of big spending etc.

Bruce achieved promotion with Hull, Wigan and Birmingham based on little spending didn't he?

Guest neesy111

Bruce achieved promotion with Hull, Wigan and Birmingham based on little spending didn't he?

He didn't get Wigan promoted, that was Paul Jewell.

Without Wolves in the division, Villa would've been promoted imo. Would've been Cardiff, Fulham and Villa. Bit unlucky with the timing.

Should have done it season before with us. No excuses with the squad they had when you see it was Huddersfield who were one of the teams up.

Without Wolves in the division, Villa would've been promoted imo. Would've been Cardiff, Fulham and Villa. Bit unlucky with the timing.

Should have done it season before with us. No excuses with the squad they had when you see it was Huddersfield who were one of the teams up.

iirc weren't villa a complete mess in the first season down?

Guest firetotheworks

Di Matteo was their manager until October like. They didn't even make it to the play offs to be able to go up instead of Huddersfield. IIRC Huddersfield were the most deserving of going up in the play offs as well. Either them or Fulham. 

Guest firetotheworks

I know what Neesy means, they played the best quality football. Similar to Man United being 'better' than Liverpool and Spurs last season despite them both playing infinitely better football than Man United.

Di Matteo was their manager until October like. They didn't even make it to the play offs to be able to go up instead of Huddersfield. IIRC Huddersfield were the most deserving of going up in the play offs as well. Either them or Fulham. 

Bruce has been at Villa long enough now to have made more progress than he has. Even looking in as an outsider I wasn't convinced he was getting them anywhere, they always seem to be struggling to get near the automatic promotion spots.

Guest firetotheworks

Bruce has been at Villa long enough now to have made more progress than he has. Even looking in as an outsider I wasn't convinced he was getting them anywhere, they always seem to be struggling to get near the automatic promotion spots.

No doubt. I was just talking about 16/17 really.

• 2 weeks later...

He got them to the play off final and they lost to a better team. A team that we’re also better than them the previous year.

Bruce is a decent Champo Manager.  4 promotions is it?