SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

If we play one up front we need someone 6ft2"+ with pace and a good all rounder, can't play on up with Gamerio for example, it would be pointless having wingers. Only problem is finding one.

I'd still have Wickham in as backup to blood next season to that striker.

why ? it's basically what we done with cole and beardsley and cole doesn't seem to fit your criteria.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nearly 10 pages today on a rumour

Wow

Wait till we start picking up leads from foreignnpress

A decent striker would have a field day. Do this and:

N'Zogbia   Nolan  Tiote   Jonas

Ben Arfa

ST

We'd be f***ing laughing. Upgrade Nolan the season after and we'd be unstoppable :snod:

Now if only we had a big target man with an eye for goal, hmm...

:fishing:

If we play one up front we need someone 6ft2"+ with pace and a good all rounder, can't play on up with Gamerio for example, it would be pointless having wingers. Only problem is finding one.

I'd still have Wickham in as backup to blood next season to that striker.

why ? it's basically what we done with cole and beardsley and cole doesn't seem to fit your criteria.

How long ago? Good luck finding a player half the quality of Beardsley, never mind one willing to come to us. Cole was also the hottest finisher in the premiership back then, a very different premiership.

Guest Howaythetoon

While at Newcastle N'Zogbia always had the talent and potential to become a very good Premier League footballer which is what he seems to have become whilst at Wigan. His attitude and various suspect tactics from a number of former managers as well as playing in a poor to average side all contributed to that talent and potential not transpiring into something meaningful and consistent here at Newcastle.

I have to say, I was one of those who wasn't too disappointed to lose N'Zogbia the 'character' when we sold him, although I had always rated him as a footballer. Not replacing him and going on to be relegated obviously confounded his sale as a huge negative at the time which still rankles today with some it would appear. Perhaps rightly so, perhaps not.

Fast forward 2 years or so and he is being linked with a return to the club and strictly as a footballer boy do we need his attrubutes in our side. His pace, athleticism, drives forward, shooting ability and all-round nusiance factor plus his ability to play a number of roles. For those factors alone he would be a more than welcome adition to our side even at the somewhat inflated price that it would take to sign him.

However, if his attitude is still poor, I wouldn't be so keen to resign him myself. Ideally I'd like us to look elswehere and bring in someone of the somewhat unknown, someone we can develop and bring on ourselves.

That is easier said than done obviously but we have shown in Tiote and to some extent Ben Arfa that we can bring in very good promising players with good character and decent prices with the very attributes as footballers this particular team and club needs not just now but the near future too.

I do reckon we'd need someone with a bit of physicality to lead the line like. Sure having HBA back and adding someone like N'Zogbia would allow us to play some pretty neat stuff on the deck, but we're not going to become the new Barcelona.

I don't want us going out buying some big battering ram or anything, but we'll need someone who can operate with his back to goal and give us a more direct outlet to act as a focal point for the likes of Jonas, HBA and N'Zogbia to work off of.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think Zoggy's attitude is that poor TBH, at least I don't have much reason to think that. We mismanaged him terribly the first time around.

The same could have been said of Milner yet contrast his attitude to N'Zogbia's...

If Zoggy was to come back how where do you lot see him fitting into the side?

If Ben Arfa is playing off a lone striker, and Jonas is on the left, does that mean Zoggy in the middle with Tiote? I know Tiote is effectively twelve feet tall but they're a bit small, and it would mean dropping Nolan. Unless we play 4231, which i can't see happening in a million years.