England

Yorkie

Foden > Grealish.

Definitely. Foden is a special player, potential is absolutely huge for him.

So versitile as well, will be interesting to see what his best position will be. If I was building a team around him, it'd probably be in a number 10 role, but could easily see him playing on either side of a striker, as a traditional winger or as the attacking cm.

I'd like to see Foden and Grealish both play TBH.

I'd have Sterling and Sancho well ahead of Grealish in the 3  attacking positions like. Don't really see a way to fit both Grealish and Foden into a midfield neither.

Still got the likes of Rashford and Greenwood knocking on the door for positions as well.

Such a shame the midfield and CBs are so average with the attacking talent we've got at the moment.

Formation is the issue for me, and whilst I get why GS likes it and wants stability at the back and in the middle, IIRC of that XI you’ve listed only Chilwell plays in it regularly and even then it’s not every game.

To win at international tournaments IMO you need to attempt 3 things: Organisation, Combinations, Create from nothing.

England are getting closer to the latter the other two I’m not confident of. Few club combinations playing with each other and the defence and DM is an accident waiting to happen.

I know Iceland weren't giving their usual 100%, but there was a lot of encouragement to take.

Foden seems to have the lot.

Grealish is improving with every game at that level. He sometimes hangs on to the ball too long, but he's a player who can create from nothing.

Kane is also improving, from quite a high level to start off with. He's looking more and more like the complete central striker.

And finally, there was evidence that we don't need both Henderson and Rice. One will do.

Foden is a special, special talent - he really should go to be one of our greatest ever players!

I think everyone knows that he's my favourite non-nufc player. He's spent years training alongside David Silva and KDB so I really believe he's going to be world class. Could watch him play every day.

Foden is a special, special talent - he really should go to be one of our greatest ever players!

I think everyone knows that he's my favourite non-nufc player. He's spent years training alongside David Silva and KDB so I really believe he's going to be world class. Could watch him play every day.

Totally agree pal - just turned 20 too!

• 3 weeks later...

Andorra & San Marino, what a waste of everyone's time.

Kind of remember England thrashing San Marino when I was a kod. Saw it on TV and England had that light blue lion print on kit. At the time, I thought wow, how could a team thump another so much. Growing up, then I knew San Marino was everyone's whipping team.

• 2 months later...

Dad is British Nigerian and mum is German and didn't come over to England till he was 17 originally and couldn't even speak English then, so makes sense why he would choose Germany really.

Looks a fantastic prospect.